返回列表 发帖

Discussion about 2 CR

1. Easayist The existence of a moral order in the universe—i.e..an order in which bad is always eventually punished and good rewarded—depends upon human souls being immortal. In some cultures this moral order is regarded as the result of a karma that controls how one is reincarnated, in others it results from the actions of a supreme being who metes out justice to people after their death. But however a moral order is represented if human souls are immortal then if follows that the bad will be punished

Which one of the following most accurately describes a flaw in the essayist's reasoning?

(A) From the assertion that something is necessary to a moral order the   argument concludes that that thing is sufficient for an element of the moral   order to be realized
(B) The argument takes mere beliefs to be established facts
(C) From the claim that the immortality of human souls implies that there is a   moral order in the universe the argument concludes that there being a   moral order in the universe implies that human souls are immortal
(D) The argument treats two fundamentally different conceptions of a moral   order as essentially the same
(E) The argument's conclusion is presupposed in the definition it gives of a   moral order.
==========================
D  

2. No mathematical proposition can be proven true by observation. It follows that it is impossible to know any mathematical proposition to be true

The conclusion follows logically if which one of the following is assumed?

(A) Only propositions that can be proven true can be known to be true
(B) Observation alone cannot be used to prove the truth of any proposition
(C) If a proposition can be proven true by observation then it can be known to be   true.
(D) Knowing a proposition to be true is impossible only if it cannot be prove true   by observation
(E) Knowing a proposition to be true requires proving it true by observation

====================
E

But how to understand quickly between E and D. what 's the equal logial structure ?  thanks! Otherwise, sometime , I felt good at it but sometimes I just lost.
收藏 分享

thank you so much! cook

I busied myself with friend's wedding those days and just reconcentrate myself right now.  Feel sorry for myself! Ok ! Let start.

This question I uploaded from eLSAT, the answer is D,with Which I initially agreed . Because I thought the Essayist talk two different moral orders. But after repeatedly reading it, I think it is A. The explaination of Raonx is excellent. .A.... depends on B..---> A -> B
If B. Then.A.--> B->A

What the difference between D and A derived from the understanding of stimulate.
The structure is the existence of a moral order i.e an order....... In some culture, this moral order is ......, in others it results from ....... . But however....., .......

How come I think the answer is D again. We sould check what the priority of ETS to such question.

天那! 到地哪个对啊? 请高人出来指点.

hello~
damn, i think raonx is right though...after some scrutiny...
:~(
maybe i have thought about that question too much
hum...
SORRIE GUYS

谢 licheng 指点

depends on  等价于 necessary?
let me give an example:

a GMATer's score depends on whether he likes GMAT or not.

there are two options: he likes, and the other, he doesn;t like.

can we say:
THat a GMATer loves GMAT is necessary for a high score, and
THat a GMATer doesn't like GMAT is necessary for a high score.

?

i don;t think so

请问 licheng :

我分析的 A 是否有道理? 谢了!

靠感觉啊:)
还有就是先读短的句子,如果对了就对了,
如果不对就排除啊:)

From the first sentence, moral order ...depends upon human souls being immortal.

the human souls being immortal is necessary for moral order.

while in last sentence,if human souls are immortal..,itf follows that the bad will be punished.
here, human souls are immortal becomes sufficient for sth.

therefore I think A--- From the assertion that something is necessary to a moral order the argument concludes that that thing is sufficient for an element of the moral order to be realized
is correct.

返回列表

站长推荐 关闭

美国top10 MBA VIP申请服务

自2003年开始提供 MBA 申请服务以来,保持着90% 以上的成功率,其中Top10 MBA服务成功率更是高达95%

查看