返回列表 发帖

Summary of the INSEAD online chat

我只是记下了大概的要点,不保证100%的准确,仅供大家参考用。

3 major features of INSEAD :

1. Diversity, 70 nationalities; working ex. Gender, faculties from 30 countries

2. One year program. Short quality is 课程,学生,老师,课程非常关键实用

3. 校友关系,15000 in150 国家,250 in china

From Frankie:

Seven students in china MT, McK, BCG, J&J, E&L

Life experience cannot be got any place else.

1. For the program, does the student need to study French?

The answer is NO. English is used in Both campuses. By the time of graduation, you have to have the basic knowledge but not fluency for the 3rd language.

2. My career goal is to enter international luxury corporation,especially those in France. That`s why I choose insead as my dream school. I really want to know whether the career service of insead can help me to realize that kind of job.

G: Yes, we do each year have some students join luxury corporation. Prior experience is helpful but not required. 150 firms come to campus each year.

F: LV has lot of opening for general MBAs. The students had better stay in French campus longer to get in touch with employer and use the alumni network. 

3. Next question: Would you like to share with any key words or advice for the applicants from Telecommunication?

Applicants from many different fields are welcome. No specific bias. My advice is that your role and job in your firm is more specific than which field you are from. We offer special scholarship for students from telecom

4. Dear Gopika, Is there any courses in INSEAD focus on social entrepreneur?

G:Entrepreneur is a very import aspect for INSEAD. Woven into courses

F: a club named xxxxxxx

5. How much work experience would you recommend prior to applying for INSEAD?

Two - ten; Quality is very important. Initiative and progress; w/e really help contribute the class

6. What is the statistics of Insead graduates who entered Media&Entertainment industry? Is Insead strong in this field?

2005  about13 into the area but the number could be bigger

7. Is it difficult to apply the scholorship for Asia students ?

No, everyone is the same. More than 100 scholarships from Class; Two for students from china;

7 chinese applicants; two in their middle 30; I got 10K, the other one got 20K and everyone got at least one.

8. Dear Gopika, Do you prefer applicants with more working experience? I have only 2 years working experience, will it be a disadvantage for me?

Not necessarily. At least 5 for most people; Hands-on experience is very important; qualify of your work is important

9. I quit my job several month before because I don`t want to extend my employment contract.I want to know whether it will be an adversity to my application

No necessarily. We need to understand why you made a change in your application. We will read though your whole package to understand you.

10. do you think it is rational now for me to give up my own company and switch to insead now? by the way, my annual revenue is about 200,000 USD now.

Depends on your future goal

11. What is the difference between starting off on the Singapore campus then on the France campus? Do the two campuses attract the same profiles? Or are there subtle differences?

Difference is the size. 2/3 in France and 1/3 in Singapore; depends on your future career choice; No difference for the course and faculty who fly back and forth between two campuses. Application is the same, and living in Singapore is cheaper.

12. do I must have the GMAT and TOFEL test? I just finished a master degree of finance ,taught by english.

13. i worked in retail industry. what can be further development for career of mine? Thank you

14. Will an MBA from Insead help a career shift into the non-profit sector? Are the careers services comprehensive?

Yes, each year some students going to N-P sector. Not a huge proportion;

15. what is the GMAT requirement for INSEAD? what is the preferred score range?

No minimum GMAT. 700 is the average. Balanced verbal and quant section is what we want to see.

16. Does Insead have history of admitting students with HR background,such as HR consultants, since it`s an increasingly emerging but still rare background.Thanks

17. Could you give us some advice for the interview stage ?

F: Follows stage admission. Interactive and personal; your b/g and motivation; I have Bain & Simens; Once you got into interview, your chance is high;

18. How easy is it to switch from Engineering to Finance after an MBA. At what level would I expect to enter the Finance industry after 5 years of IT engineering?

Career shift- 87% for 2005 (countries, functional areas) If you want a shift, I recommend Jan intake.

Be specific, lots of students transferred to IB from engineering. Two month intern makes big difference

19. Dear Fang, you speak excellent English. do you think studying INSEAD contribute to your english proficiency?

Yes, INsead helped me improve my English proficiency

20. if you would like to address a point for INSEAD to improve, what will be that?

Bidding system is not very Good for students who want to have more electives; we have good faculties in the electives; 2 and half quarters taking core courses; starting from q3 you will pick up electives

21. Can we contact alums before we apply? Where can we get their contact?

Yes, you can. We will help you. E-mail me personally. I will get you in touch with some alumni

22. From your experience, what qualities help an applicant stand out from the rest of the applicant pool?

Four areas. Each one is equally important

Academic performance; under GPA, GMAT-for the program is short and demadning

Career progress; your potential, leadership

International orientation;

How interactive you are gonna be

23. Do you have any recommendations on essay writing?

Be honest, be the whole person, make it personal and touching

24. what are the most key factors that differetiat INSEAD MBA program from Ameriacan MBA program?

One is the diversity. In most schools in the US  80% are Americans and 20% are internationals. Everything is Americanized.

The other is one year program

F: general management; INSEAD students more fun and full of life experiences

25. I would like to study supply chain management, and I like INSEAD. Will INSEAD be a good choice for me?

Certainly yes

26. Is it a "negative signal" to take the GMAT more than once?

No. 2-3 tomes is acceptable providing we see progress that you made on the test

27. How would INSEAD view experience in a Non Profit Organization?

Very positively

28. I am 35 now, is it a disadvantage?

No, 29 is the average; 23-36 is the range; Age alone wont disqualify you

29. What does a rejected applicant look like? Are they just silly applicants? Please can you give an example?

Very competitive process; Go back to the 4 criteria

30. Can you please explain how the decision-making happen for waitlisted students? For example, if only a single seat is available, how will the committee decide its choice since there is no ranking on the waitlist?

I am not involved in that decision per se

31. How does INSEAD look at GPA? I do not have a high GPA, less than 3 out of 4. Can I still apply?

Yes, we do look at your under degree. However we know that ppl have not done their best in their under for many reasons such as dual degrees, bla bla. You can explain them in your 6th essay but do not try to give an excuse

32. How many Chinese participant from China Mainland last year , Dear Fang ?

7 for 2006 2007 we have 13.

33. Can you talk a little about family arrangement? If a husband is admitted, what can the wife do if they want to live together?

30% students bring their family; they have their own small community; Better in Singapore

34. What was the intake ratio of the applicants during the last enrollment?

No disclosure on this question

35. Dear Fang, What is your career goal?

36. If I did not do well in interview, may I request a second interview? Thank you

We usually offer two interviews which in general are very smooth process

37. Is it reqired to have Bachelor degree from full-time university? I have my Bachelor degree from vacational university, can i apply for Insead MBA Program?

Depends on your whole profile;

F: a buddy of mine from German only has middle-school degree

38. For Asian students, is it a big disadvantage to apply in round 3? Is it possible to get scholarship in round 3?

F: each round is equally competitive. 3rd round is no problem for applying for a scholarship but not for the 4th round

39. If I graduated from a Finance Bachelor`s degree, would studying towards MBA be redundant? Since I`ve done most of the courses in the MBA curriculum

40. Fang, if you want to say a potential weakness for INSEAD, what will be it?

INSEAD is not a program for everybody; think about your goal carefully before you apply

41. For letters of recommendation, should an applicant have a high-level person who has limited knowledge of the applicant`s day-to-day work or a mid-level person who has worked with the applicant closely, write them a recommendation?

Certainly the second one

42. can INSEAD provide any student ambassador contact for Chinese applicants?

I can put you in touch with current students and alumni

43. can you post the contact of Gopika on ChaseDream? You email address, for example?

收藏 分享

thanks for sharing!

many thanks!

返回列表

站长推荐 关闭

美国top10 MBA VIP申请服务

自2003年开始提供 MBA 申请服务以来,保持着90% 以上的成功率,其中Top10 MBA服务成功率更是高达95%

查看