返回列表 发帖
CAREER SERVICES
Percent of 2009 graduates who provided employment information:
86  %

Seeking full-time employment in business: 93  %
Not seeking full-time employment in business: 7  %

Number of companies recruiting undergraduate students on campus in previous academic year:

Companies posting full-time job offers on school job boards, previous academic year:

Career services provided for business majors:
Individual career counseling, resume/cover letter/essay critiques, mock interviews, job search workshops, career panels, career discovery seminar, online job/internship listings, internship consortium listings, career library (including online subscriptions to resources), graduate school advising, alumni networking database, social media (Career Services Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Blog Resources) on-campus recruiting (including video interviewing facilities), multiple on and off-campus career fairs, employer site visits, extensive webpage resources, externship program, life-long career services for alumni.

Job offer results, 2009 graduates:

Received first job offer by graduation: 83  %
Received first job offer in three months following graduation: 7  %
Received first job offer more than 3 months after graduation: 1  %
Did not report having received a job offer: 10  %
Accepted first job offer by graduation: 83  %
Accepted first job offer in three months following graduation: 6  %
Accepted first job offer more than 3 months after graduation: 1  %
Did not report having accepted a job offer: 11  %

Top hiring firms:

Credit Suisse Group

Citigroup Inc.

Bank of America Corp.

Goldman Sachs Group

Barclays Bank PLC

JPMorgan Chase & Co.

Boston Consulting Group

Morgan Stanley

Deutsche Bank AG

American Express

Bain & Company

Microsoft

McKinsey & Company

UBS

Ernst & Young

Other Hiring Firms:

Houlihan, Lokey, Howard & Zukin
Evercore Partners
The Blackstone Group
Lazard
ZL Technologies
Accenture
BlackRock
Moelis & Co.
Rosetta
Capital One
Cornerstone Research
Deloitte Consulting
Jefferies and Company
Macy's/Bloomingdale's
PricewaterhouseCoopers

Graduate compensation:

Mean base salary: $  59,852
Median base salary: $  60,000
Mean signing bonus: $  8,796
Median signing bonus: $  10,000
Mean other guaranteed compensation: $  0
Median other guaranteed compensation: $  0

Grads accepted jobs in following functional areas:

Consulting: 17  %
Finance/Accounting: 59  %
General Management: 2  %
Human Resources: 0  %
Management Information Systems: 1  %
Marketing/Sales: 9  %
Operations/Production: 1  %
Logistics/Transportation: 0  %
Other: 10  %

Grads accepted jobs in following industries:

Accounting: 3  %
Consumer Products/Retail: 3  %
Consulting Services: 17  %
Financial Services: 58  %
Government/Education: 2  %
Pharma/Biotech/Health: 2  %
Manufacturing: 1  %
Media/Entertainment: 1  %
Petroleum/Energy: 1  %
Real Estate: 3  %
Sports/Leisure: 0  %
Technology/Science: 6  %
Non-Profit: 1  %
Transportation: 1  %
Utilities: 0  %
Other: 3  %

Percentage of job acceptances, US and Canada:

US: 100  %
Canada: 0  %

Grads accepted jobs in the following US regions:

Northeast: 65  %
Mid-Atlantic: 13  %
Midwest: 5  %
South: 2  %
Southwest: 2  %
West: 13  %
US Possessions/Territories: 0  %

INTERNSHIPS
Number of companies recruiting interns on-campus, 2008-09 academic year:

Companies posting internships on job boards, previous academic year:

Top internship recruiters, 2008-09:

Goldman Sachs Group

Credit Suisse Group

Barclays Bank PLC

JPMorgan Chase & Co.

Citigroup Inc.

Morgan Stanley

UBS

Deloitte Touche Tomatsu

Bain & Company

Bank of America Corp.

Google Inc.

HSBC

Deutsche Bank AG

Wells Fargo

Other Internship Recruiters:
Jefferies 6 The Blackstone Group 5 University of Pennsylvania 5 Houlihan, Lokey, Howard & Zukin 4 Lazard 3 The Boston Consulting Group 3 Electronic Arts 2 Financo, Inc. 2 Habitat for Humanity 2 IBM 2 Ivy Insiders 2 Macy's 2 MD Witter 2 Moelis & Co. 2 Royal Bank of Scotland 2

Percentage of internships that were paid, previous academic year
92  %

Mean internship compensation per week:
$  993

Median internship compensation per week:
$  1,000

Average internship, in weeks:

I have loved my time at Wharton. While there is definitely a heightened sense of competition, especially during recruiting, I have found my classmates to be generally good, extremely qualified people. I have learned a lot about business but even more about working together with people and managing situations. I feel that it has prepared me well for my career in the workforce.

I would say that Wharton's strengths are in its focus on team experience (through course projects and extracurriculars) and on diversity (the university as a whole is very international). The Wharton undergraduate degree also offers a lot of breadth in that you get a taste of many different areas of business and also in the arts, humanities and sciences through non-Wharton classes. It makes for a well-rounded experience

Very little support for those of us not entering the finance or consulting fields. I want to enter the auto industry and have had virtually no help.

I feel that coming out of Wharton I am an extremely competitive candidate for the job market and I am not worried about internship/job. The reputation speaks for itself and has really helped me in my job hunt.

Competition....the pressure cooker that is Wharton is unparalleled in its ability to compel students to perform at higher levels.

The professors feel the need to curve too much. When the average on a test is a 99/100 and that becomes a B-/C+, there is a problem. Students (especially international ones) are cutthroat competitive to the point where some will scowl at you for lending a student a pencil or calculator when they forgot one for a test. This attitude is completely supported by the university. This makes it difficult to compete with students at other schools. Wharton grads are compared to other Ivy League students and other Business Students. Other Ivies don't have the curve Wharton does.

I feel as though Wharton is unique (beyond just its academics and faculty) because of its student groups and the events they sponsor on campus. Whether it is the Wharton name or simply our proximity to NYC, I find that the student groups always manage to pump out numerous sponsored networking events- not just internship fairs and dinners with firm representatives, but also educational panels, speakers events, and interview or other career-related workshops with alumni or recruiters.

I feel that although Wharton provides you with a comprehensive business knowledge, it leaves little room to explore you other interests outside of the business school, especially if a student struggles with the business classes and can't take additional courses in other areas that are not required. Wharton is great for people who are really sure that they want to work in the business after graduation, but is not a great place to explore other possible fields.

It whips you into shape for the real world by virtue of: the rigor of the coursework, the caliber of my classmates, and the demands of my extracurriculars. I know now how to work hard and how to be professional, in all senses.

返回列表

站长推荐 关闭

美国top10 MBA VIP申请服务

自2003年开始提供 MBA 申请服务以来,保持着90% 以上的成功率,其中Top10 MBA服务成功率更是高达95%

查看