返回列表 发帖
CAREER SERVICES
Percent of 2009 graduates who provided employment information:
40  %

Seeking full-time employment in business: 90  %
Not seeking full-time employment in business: 10  %

Number of companies recruiting undergraduate students on campus in previous academic year:

Companies posting full-time job offers on school job boards, previous academic year:

Career services provided for business majors:
Internship and job fairs, workshops, mentoring, and web resources that complement the content knowledge/tools taught in the classroom. Work closely with Student Organizations for purposes of career building, networking and development of leadership skills while emphasizing the importance of business ethics.

Job offer results, 2009 graduates:

Received first job offer by graduation: 57  %
Received first job offer in three months following graduation: 29  %
Received first job offer more than 3 months after graduation: 14  %
Did not report having received a job offer: 0  %
Accepted first job offer by graduation: 56  %
Accepted first job offer in three months following graduation: 29  %
Accepted first job offer more than 3 months after graduation: 14  %
Did not report having accepted a job offer: 1  %

Top hiring firms:

JPMorgan Chase & Co.

PricewaterhouseCoopers

Cigna

Ernst & Young

KPMG LLP

Deloitte Touche Tomatsu

Other Hiring Firms:

Enterprise Holdings
ACE INA
Marsh
Amper, Politziner & Mattia
Lockheed Martin
Trion
All Risk, LTD
Aramark Corporation

Graduate compensation:

Mean base salary: $  44,162
Median base salary: $  47,500
Mean signing bonus: $  4,132
Median signing bonus: $  4,000
Mean other guaranteed compensation: $  3,250
Median other guaranteed compensation: $  3,250

Grads accepted jobs in following functional areas:

Consulting: 2  %
Finance/Accounting: 38  %
General Management: 14  %
Human Resources: 4.2  %
Management Information Systems: 2.8  %
Marketing/Sales: 11  %
Operations/Production: 4  %
Logistics/Transportation: 0  %
Other: 24  %

Grads accepted jobs in following industries:

Accounting: 16  %
Consumer Products/Retail: 7  %
Consulting Services: 6  %
Financial Services: 19  %
Government/Education: 6  %
Pharma/Biotech/Health: 6  %
Manufacturing: 2  %
Media/Entertainment: 5  %
Petroleum/Energy: .2  %

Real Estate: 2.8  %
Sports/Leisure: 4  %
Technology/Science: 4  %
Non-Profit: 2  %
Transportation: 3  %
Utilities: 0  %
Other: 17  %

Percentage of job acceptances, US and Canada:

US: 100  %
Canada: 0  %

Grads accepted jobs in the following US regions:

Northeast: 5  %
Mid-Atlantic: 91  %
Midwest: 1  %
South: 1.8  %
Southwest: .2  %
West: 1  %
US Possessions/Territories: 0  %

INTERNSHIPS
Number of companies recruiting interns on-campus, 2008-09 academic year:

Companies posting internships on job boards, previous academic year:

Top internship recruiters, 2008-09:

PricewaterhouseCoopers

Deloitte Touche Tomatsu

Ernst & Young

KPMG LLP

JPMorgan Chase & Co.

Johnson & Johnson

Cigna

Other Internship Recruiters:
Lincoln Financial Advisors 9 Enterprise Holdings 8 ABO Haven 7 Alloy Silverstein 6 A&M Berk Tax Service 5 Prudential 5 Subaru of America 5 ACE INA 4

Percentage of internships that were paid, previous academic year
96  %

Mean internship compensation per week:
$  704

Median internship compensation per week:
$  692

Average internship, in weeks:

Despite being a large school, I never felt like only a number in any of my classes. I was able to make connections and network, even in large lecture classes.

I believe Temple provides a very practical and highly effective brand of business education. While there may not be as much emphasis on the highly quantitative topics in finance as there may have been elsewhere, I believe that's merely a function of the student body. I have noticed the academic standards increasing markedly since I first started at Temple, and I truly believe Temple will one day be an elite business program. The new building, Alter Hall, is just one sign of Temple's commitment to be a premier program. As Temple continues to rise in prestige and rankings, I'll be proud to say I graduated from the program.

The Center for Student Professional Development, as it is called, works very hard to provide opportunities to students. They work diligently to provide industry contacts and other avenues for students to "get a foot in the door" at various firms in a wide variety of fields. The reason I've rated them lower than what their effort warrants is simply because Temple does not yet attract the types of firms that a truly premier program should. This is not to say that Temple doesn't attract high quality firms; however, it would be nice to see some of the larger, more well-known financial firms recruiting on campus.

I never met a group of professors in a business program that cared so much about their students. The business program is very small which makes classes more personable and a great learning environment.

I do think that the university did make me focus much of my academic career in core requirements (i.e. sociology, art, intellectual heritage, general knowledge, etc.). As a result, I feel I lacked a highly focused and regimented program around my specific majors (international business marketing). The overall experience of my studies, though, has been excellent.

Temple's business program curves all grades from midterms to final to final overall grades. They make exams impossible and then curve grades. Students (I) have been told not to participate too much in class. Students are afraid to ask professors for help and end up not learning anything. Professors are focused on power points and getting course requirements done instead of teaching and making sure students learn.

Our Center for Student Professional Development (CSPD) does a tremendous job of helping students find jobs/internships. They help with everything including resumes, applying for jobs, interviewing, work dinners, etc. (If students worry about it, they cover it). That is the best resource Temple provides.

Our school has an amazing Honors Program that challenges its students while offering continuous support in the areas of academics and career. I feel this program gave me individual attention in a large business school and enabled me to take on leadership roles and prepare myself for a career after college.

The diversity of my classmates really contributed to my learning and development at Temple. I feel I am much more cultured and open-minded than I would be if I had gone to another school. These qualities will help differentiate me in the business world.

Professors use too many group projects. I understand that they are trying to teach teamwork since in the real world businesses always use teams to get the jobs done. However, almost every business class I've taken throughout my four years at Temple, I have had a group project. They tend to get a little redundant, boring, and I really don't feel that I benefit from having to do 20 group projects on the same material throughout my college career.

返回列表

站长推荐 关闭

美国top10 MBA VIP申请服务

自2003年开始提供 MBA 申请服务以来,保持着90% 以上的成功率,其中Top10 MBA服务成功率更是高达95%

查看