2. MBA Essay
免费评估服务http://www.topway.org/default.aspx?TabID=480

3. MBA Essay
写作服务http://www.topway.org/Default.aspx?tabid=475

4. MBA
申请Workshophttp://www.topway.org/Default.aspx?tabid=517

5. Top10 MBA
保录取 Top50 MBA保奖学金服务:http://www.topway.org/Default.aspx?tabid=482

报名参加915上海MBA Essay点评见面会http://bbs.topway.org/dispbbs.asp?boardid=10&id=49298&star=1#49298

注册参加079MBA巡展(The MBA Tour):http://www.topway.org/Default.aspx?tabid=519

[此贴子已经被作者于2008-1-18 16:19:55编辑过]

收藏 分享
菩提本无树,明镜亦非台,本来无一物,何处惹尘埃

关于Haas(Berkeley)

问:可以简单介绍一下MOT program

答:MOT is not really a program. It's a concentration/certificate that you can pursue at Haas after finishing a number of required courses.

Given Berkeley's location in Silicon Valley and its strength in engineering school, such a focus shouldn't be surprising. For example, you can take a lot marketing/finance courses and get a MOT certificate to prepare you for a job in the technology sector performing marketing/finance functions. But nothing always follows the plan, I've got a friend who got this MOT certificate but ended up working at Mckinsey as a management consultant.

So, if you're interested in technology/silicon valley, MOT is definitely a good choice. But it won't guarantee a job at Google or Apple.

问:不知道你们现在都选了些什么课?

能不能说说你们目前为止最喜欢的课,这课好在哪里?

答:As first-years, we haven't been able to do electives yet.

You can check out the core course list on Haas website.  The core courses are pretty much in common among the top schools, which makes it harder as a differentiator.  Look a look at the eletives, certificates and the special programs like International Business Development, which might be more suitable for the essays.

问:问一下Haas的课程一般是什么形式呢?case study还是lecture?或者还是别的?

Thanks.

答:据我所知,caselecture都有的

问:如果在116deadline之前,时间允许,我想去berkeley听听课,不知道容不容易停车?

有人能接待一下吗?

答:Parking is always an issue in berkeley.  But you should be able to find the paid parking space.

And you should also contact the HSA (haas student ambassador) program so that you can be taken to lunch and for class visit.

问:I'm particularly interested in IB, VC and PE. Could you share how Haas places its students interested in this field? Do you think locationwise, Haas is relatively at a disadvantage compared with NYC area schools?

Another question, I heard that almost all Chinese mainland students, up to now, choose to go back to China to work immediately upon graduation. Is that true? And is that a sort of "trend"?

答:I think the placement in IB is pretty good and I don't see any disadvantage because all major firms have offices in San Francisco and they still come to the campus even they don't.  You get a lot to do and need to act early once you arrive.

I do not see that trend coming.  At least not very clear in Haas. 

[此贴子已经被作者于2008-1-18 16:27:50编辑过]

菩提本无树,明镜亦非台,本来无一物,何处惹尘埃

关于GPAGMAT

问:Is that possible for low GPA <3 applicant to get offer?

答:Everything is possible.  More important than GPA is your essays and other elements in your application.

问:berkeley的主页,80%最低都得31多。。。。很多学校我看只有2.8,或者29,所以,想问问是不是berkeley很在乎GPA?

答:When I applied, Haas specifically ask the applicant from China not to translate their GPA into 4-point scale because Haas will do the interpretation.  To be honest, I don't think that's really an issue compared to your essay and career plan/experience.

问:请问Berkeley要求国际考生在online application中填写本国的GPA或平均成绩,如果我们学校没有官方的GPA算法,是不是填100分制的平均分?

答:if you read the instruction carefully, it asks applicants with Chinese undergraduate school education fill in N/A for GPA.  At least that's what happened last year and the year before.

问:我的确看过好几遍,没有注明China的情况,而且从解释来看,似乎N/A也不适合China,你看怎么填写?

International Degrees

·  Calculate and list only one figure: your GPA/average score for the entire period of study. Please do not interpret grading scales by attempting to convert your school or country’s system into the US 4.0 scale. Report your average score using the scale utilized at your school(s).

·                                 For traditional British-style system (e.g., UK, India, Pakistan), list final classification of honors conferred.

·                                 For schools on numerical or percentage systems (other than the 4.0 scale) in which no final comprehensive examination is required, please calculate and list an overall average for the entire period of study.

·                                 For systems in which a comprehensive examination determines the final grade (e.g., Germany, Switzerland), list final examination average.

·                                 For schools using A-F letter grade scale (e.g., Japan, Korea), calculate a four-year average using the 4.0 scale above.

·                                 For other non-numeric systems, (e.g., Spain or Spanish-style systems), enter "NA."

答:I think the instrucion is clear, and you already have the answer:

If your school doesn't have a 4.0 scale GPA system, just report whatever it shows on your transcript. For example, something like 88/100 - this was how I reported my GPA, and the school was OK with that.

If all your courses were scored out of 100, just fill in the GPA out of 100.  In my case, some are out of 5-points, some are pass or fail and the majority were out of 100.  So I filled in "N/A".  You still have time, shoot a email to admission office for an answer if you want to feel more comfortable.

[此贴子已经被作者于2008-1-18 16:26:43编辑过]

菩提本无树,明镜亦非台,本来无一物,何处惹尘埃

关于申请

问:请问申请第三轮还有希望吗?
这个学校好像本来招中国人就少.如果在美国是不是希望大一些?

答:The third round is still fine if you can't do it at the first two round.  But the fourth round is a lot tougher, especially for the scholarship. 

问:I am currently in the US and applied for 3rd round. I heard there was a super saturday interview on campus for 2nd round applicants and almost 100 applicants showed up. Is there going to be the same for hte 3rd round? Thanks a great deal!

答:No, there is no super saturday for round 3 and 4.

问:能不能知道一些更多有关Hass的学习生活,以及Hass学校的特点和长处(除了强调creativityinnovation以外的。。。), btw,我是semiconductor背景的,不知道有多少中国中学是这样的背景那?

答:For me, picking haas at that time was all about location (bay area), ranking and industry (hi-tech) connection.  As to semiconductor background, as far as I know, none of the classmates directly from mainland has that.  But does that matter?  A tip for your application, pay less attention to the current student profile and really focus on your own career profile, goal, past path and future plan, which will really make your essay shine.

问:Does Haas favor science background as much as it favors technology background?

Two years Motorola engineer working experience.Will get chemistry Ph.D in US school(the end of the 50) at the end of this year. GMAT:740

Do I have a chance for Haas or MIT sloan?

答:Yes, based on the information provided, you have a chance.

问:Berkeley网站上说minimium TOEFL score is 68, but the average score is very high. TOEFL score在申请中占的比重大吗? 如果只有89分可以试试吗?因为今年实在没有时间再考了. 另外,我的GMAT也不高,710, 本科背景还可以,国内TOP,统计专业. 工作背景:国内电信行业4,主要做数据管理和分析.

希望大吗?

答:I'm not sure about Toefl but I never think that's a big part of application.  GMAT 710 is enough to give you an entry ticket into the application game.  Now it all comes down to your experience and the essays, mainly how you showcase your experience, both personal and professional.  Hope this helps.

[此贴子已经被作者于2008-1-18 16:25:00编辑过]

菩提本无树,明镜亦非台,本来无一物,何处惹尘埃

申请过程中的问题

问:请问推荐人email填完了以后,还可以改么?最晚什么时候回收到学校发的信呢?

因为我的一个推荐人死活就是收不到link,另一个已经收到了(虽然不是一个地区)

如果实在不行,就只好用私人信箱了

答:打电话给学校,没有其他办法

问:application里有一个acknowledgment, 就是要applicant同意由他们委托的一个机构与申请者的employer联系, 请问这个部分是interview, 才会有的吗?

因为如果人打电话来公司问人, 公司不会理会, 我需要先告知一下HR跟老板。

答:I remember that actually happen after you get admitted.

问:对于那个acknowledge,比如说我第一家公司的老板现在已经在别的公司工作了,那么学校要怎么调查那?我应改通知HR么?谢谢

答:not 100% sure, but you may want to check with the school and background investigation firm once you get the offer

问:我在申请的时候填了一些学校里的数学有关的课程的名字和成绩。然后刚刚受到家人从国内寄来的新开的成绩单,我那个变态的本科学校竟然把课程的英文名字改了,也就是说我的申请材料里的那些课程有很多在正式的成绩单里看不到。学校会不会认为我在cheating啊。有什么建议啊?我准备打电话去学校问问看。

答:Just wait until you get admitted.  After that, the school will hire a company to do the background check, but your will pay for it.    In my case, the company I worked for in China was out of business years ago..... 

问:在申请别家的时候才算了一下每年的GPA,发觉最后一年特别低(比前一年低了09),现在申请都交了,没写essay来解释,大家觉得有神么办法补救的么?

4overall还是超过3的)

答:It should be fine.  Just be patient and wait for the interview invitation at this point.

问:收到面试的xdjmstatus是不是changeinvite to interview,不再是under review?

答:是的,我在收到面试申请的时候,状态变为invite to interview .但在我完成面试之后,状态有变成under review

问:今天早上收到消息,WAITLIST.我的DREAM CITY, DREAM SCHOOL!

我是January 31日递交R3申请,今天未经面试直接WAITLIST

我的背景是,GMAT720.TOEFL IBT 84( 相当于TOEFL PBT 566) .国内房地产上市公司9,2006前任职营销总监.目前在CHICAGO 一家PRIVATE EQUITY 地产投资公司实习.我需要从哪个方面加强补充材料?

答:You should definitely request an interview.  Regarding addtional materials, adding your experience in Chicago, assuming you didn't include that in your January application.  Don't worry, my experience is that the waitlistee will have huge chance getting in eventually.

问:I'm also waitlisted by Haas. I'm just wondering how much time I have to prepare my additional materials before school makes the final decision for waitlisted applicants?

答:As far as I know, you should have time until your round's deposit deadline.  For example, if you are R3 applicant and waitlisted in Round 3, your application usually is reviewed again after the deposit deadline of the R3 admits.  Haas uses this to manage the yield of admitted students.

问:I applied in the last round. So far I haven't got any interview invitation. Does this mean there will be no chance of admission?

答:R4 could be a longer process until sometime in June, because now you are not only compete with the R4 applicant, but also the waitlistee of previous rounds.  So be patient.

问:I'm also waitlisted by Haas. I'm just wondering how much time I have to prepare my additional materials before school makes the final decision for waitlisted applicants?

答:As far as I know, you should have time until your round's deposit deadline.  For example, if you are R3 applicant and waitlisted in Round 3, your application usually is reviewed again after the deposit deadline of the R3 admits.  Haas uses this to manage the yield of admitted students.

[此贴子已经被作者于2008-1-18 16:23:38编辑过]

菩提本无树,明镜亦非台,本来无一物,何处惹尘埃

录取人的背景

问:想问一下录取者都是什么背景?

答:Haas录取的基本上什么背景都有,不过似乎是技术背景的多些。今年大陆来的三个2个是telecom公司出来的,其他的finance,五大的都有。
其实申请嘛,还是看个人,毕竟不管什么背景,都有成的不成的。

问:我看到brief of 30 top business school里面说Hass比较prefer long working experience的人,是吗?请问今年大陆过去的都几年工作经验啊

答:I think so.  The 2008 class has an average age of 29.

If my memory is right, most of 2008 students from main land have more than 4~5 years experience.  But again, it's not the quantity but the quality that matters.

问:06年入学的有多少中国人?都分别是哪一轮录取的?

答:There are 3 directly from mainland and another 3~4 already in US before being accepted.  I believe most of them were accepted in first two rounds.

Haas每年在国内招的人少倒是真的。基本上从国内过来的34个,不过offer发出的不止这个数,具体多少就不知道了。但从没听说什么不倾向。。。

[此贴子已经被作者于2008-1-18 16:22:03编辑过]

菩提本无树,明镜亦非台,本来无一物,何处惹尘埃

面试

问:Berkeley Interview are by invitation only? 

答:i think you're right. if you choose to interview at haas, you (and other invited applicants) come here on those super saturdays for interview.

probablity of admission after being invited for interview? i'm not sure. probably 30%+. but i'd rather worry about how to perform well during the interview.

问:Could you share some tips about interview?

答:个人感觉其实各个学校面试的准备都差不多的,问题主要也就那些。那些拿了offer的通常都有好几个,这个就够说明问题了。呵呵,个人意见。

不过school specific的问题还是要好好准备,比如why Haas? 这个比较重要。还有就是Haas今年开始强调lead through innovation, 准备一下关于innovation 的问题没错儿。

Make sure you have a clear thought about why mba, why now, why haas.  For the behavior question, have some examples to show your leadership, teamwork and innovation.  Check out the business forum, you should find a lot of useful tips and information there.

就业

问:请问Haas的金融怎么样,金融方向的国际学生毕业后一般在哪发展的比较多,纽约、加州还是回国。

如果毕业后从事金融,和东部排名相近的学校,Haas西部的地理位置会对社会实践和找工作有影响吗?

Darden比有什么优势?

If you are pretty much sure of Finance path, take a look at Master of Financial Engineering (MFE).  They get very good placement.  Yup, location is definitely a big advantage compared to Darden.

[此贴子已经被作者于2008-1-18 16:21:10编辑过]

菩提本无树,明镜亦非台,本来无一物,何处惹尘埃

奖学金与贷款

问:我有一个问题, HASS可以全额贷款吗(对于no cosigner那种)?我是说包括学费,生活费.

答:You actually can get this information from the haas website.

http://mba.haas.berkeley.edu/finaid_02.html

In general, you can email the admission office for this kind of logistic questions.  They are very responsive.

问:Is it true for most MBA internationalstudents here to pay by themselves the entire tuition fees,as it states in its website?

I'm afraid so.  But it's not just here in Haas but also other top b-schools.  And it's not just for international students but also American students. 

问:Is that mean Haas will not help student to rent money from Bank in US? We have to perpare the entire money by ourselves before go into Haas?

答:I meant to say Haas will help you on that.  Check out the financial aids web page on Haas site.

http://www.haas.berkeley.edu/MBA/finaid/prvtmba.html#International

there is loan for tuition fee and living expense. BUT that needs co-signer. 

问:Haas essay里提到的Haas Achievement Award一般会给什么样子的申请者那?是不是一定得是情况背景特别困难的人

因为它里面写的是 acheived success inspite of significant economic, educational, health-related and/or other obstacles

答:haas achievement award - it depends on your story. we all face various challenges in life more or less. the worse the obstacles, the greater the achievement. the challenge can be economic, educational, physical/health, or whatever great topic that comes to your mind. if you want to be considered for that award, just go the extra mile and finish the optional essay.

[此贴子已经被作者于2008-1-18 16:19:08编辑过]

菩提本无树,明镜亦非台,本来无一物,何处惹尘埃

谢谢斑竹!

many&nbsp; thanks&nbsp; !@

返回列表

站长推荐 关闭

美国top10 MBA VIP申请服务

自2003年开始提供 MBA 申请服务以来,保持着90% 以上的成功率,其中Top10 MBA服务成功率更是高达95%

查看