返回列表 发帖

大全-B-1

Below is an excerpt from a letter that was sent by the chairman of a corporation to the stockholders.

A number of charges have been raised against me, some serious, some trivial. Individuals seeking to control the corporation for their own purposes have demanded my resignation. Remember that no court of law in any state has found me guilty of any criminal offense whatsoever. In the American tradition, as you know, an individual is considered innocent until proven guilty. Furthermore, as the corporation’s unbroken(继续的) six-year record of growth will show, my conduct of my official duties as chairman has only helped enhance the success of the corporation, and so benefited every stockholder.

正确答案:D

Which of the following can be properly inferred from the excerpt?

(A) The chairman believes that all those who have demanded his resignation are motivated by desire to control the corporation for their own purposes.

(B) Any misdeeds that the chairman may have committed were motivated by his desire to enhance the success of the corporation.

(C) The chairman is innocent of any criminal offense.

(D) The corporation has expanded steadily over the past six years.

(E) Any legal proceedings against the chairman have resulted in his acquittal.

请问本题的E为何错呢?
收藏 分享

原文没有这么说呀,而且E中any也太绝对了.

(E) Any legal proceedings against the chairman have resulted in his acquittal. 完成时表示已经发生的动作,而chairman仍在位,错误在此。

偶个人意见啦

E的意思是,任何一个legal proceedures against(是“对……不利”的意思吗?)the chairman都已使(result in)他无罪(acquittal)。

题目中只是说,在任何一个人被宣判有罪(guity)之前,都是innocent,可是,题目并没有说他是否已经被宣判过,只是说他被很多人charge过。所以,没有根据得出他已无罪

返回列表

站长推荐 关闭

美国top10 MBA VIP申请服务

自2003年开始提供 MBA 申请服务以来,保持着90% 以上的成功率,其中Top10 MBA服务成功率更是高达95%

查看