返回列表 发帖
I feel like the alumni make Penn State's business program unique. With such a large alumni base, there are always professionals coming to campus who are willing to help prepare students for the business world.

I feel that requiring the mix of courses in each subject area adequately prepared me for work in a company. Though official titles often relate to just one subject, my business program realizes that actual day-to-day duties require an understanding of all aspects of a business. The mix of coursework early on gives a really great foundation for the future, as well as serves as a tool to help students decide what major to pursue.

I felt very accepted as part of the Smeal community. Spending time in the business building was enjoyable in and out of class. The business facility is top notch and has extensive resources available to undergraduates. I have made many life-long friends from business classes, which is very important to me.

I received seven full-time job offers in total. I attribute a great amount of my success to Penn State's outstanding alumni network. In addition, I feel Penn State has developed me in all facets of life, from my business acumen to my character. I strongly believe this is what gave me an edge over many Ivy League candidates. Anyone who feels the Smeal College of Business offers a second tier business program needs to look beyond academics and reputation and consider the full experience offered here that is arguably unmatched throughout the country.

I think my school's program is unique because the Penn State name and reputation is very well known and loved. Penn State graduates are loyal. They are always cheering for other fellow graduates. It doesn't matter where I go, I always find a fellow Penn Stater. Having this love and loyalty to Penn State in common with many others leads to great conversations and possible connections.

I think the biggest difference between our business program and others is the fact that we offer such an extensive classroom experience with a great mix of real world material. Each business class I have been in is not just about memorizing classroom concepts and ideas, but it involves working in groups to present projects on real world applications. The size of our school and networking opportunities also make us a unique and successful program. It's almost like you cannot travel from Maine to California without running into someone from Penn State.

I think the size and scope of the Investment Association compliments the finance program very well. The professors are very good, and they usually have significant experience in the private sector, which they share with their students.

In my opinion, a few things make Penn State's Smeal College of Business unique. The first thing is its commitment to ethical behavior. Smeal College of Business has an honor code, which calls for ethical behavior both inside and outside of the classroom. Every professor stresses the importance of academic integrity as well as having a strong sense of integrity once we enter the business world. I believe that Smeal's dedication to this initiative makes it a unique program. The other unique aspect of Smeal is the Penn State Alumni connection. Past graduates have established long-lasting relationships with the business program, which is great for current students to experience. Through these partnerships, internships, and full-time jobs are offered to students. This is how I found the company with which I will be working upon graduation. I think the alumni network really makes Smeal unique.

It's a large program, yet the dean is still very much accessible if you would like to speak with him. Because of our size and quality, we bring many recruiters and they are constantly looking to hire Smeal students for their companies. Also, because the university is so large, there are many opportunities to freely explore other areas of academia. I personally took advantage of this by taking many philosophy classes in addition to my business requirements.

It's hard to really place a finger on what I felt was Smeal's most unique offering. I do know that I learned how to be incredibly business savvy without sacrificing my ethics. I also developed my teamwork skills in the business school's courses more than I have in any of my other courses

It's been everything that I expected. I really wanted to attend an Ivy League college but unfortunately did not have the money to do so. I believe that the education and experience that I received from Smeal is definitely comparable and provides students with amazing value.

To succeed at Smeal, Penn State's business school, you must reach out to professors, advisors, and join extracurricular activities. With over 40,000 undergraduates, the school can not help everyone. Meeting with professors and advisors helps your face get known in the school. By joining clubs (I am in a professional business fraternity, Alpha Kappa Psi) you will be exposed to upperclassmen who have the best advice - anything from which professors to take to professional advice before an interview. Penn State is also in the process of restructuring its class schedule. Unfortunately, this did not affect me, but it will be great for incoming freshmen. Students complained about the schedule in which we take classes, and the faculty responded (even if it did take them some time).

The major problem I have with my business school was the lack of attention and opportunities some students get because they don't want to work on Wall Street. It seems like that is all the faculty wants their students to do when, in reality, I would say most students do not want that kind of job.

My school's business program emphasizes job placement and career development more than I could have ever imagined when applying. Since day one in the Smeal College of Business, I knew that I had the full support of my university and its vast alumni network to ensure that I found a top quality job in the industry of my choice. I was successful in finding a job in my chosen industry, consulting, and I was successful because my employer believed in the Penn State brand.

返回列表

站长推荐 关闭

美国top10 MBA VIP申请服务

自2003年开始提供 MBA 申请服务以来,保持着90% 以上的成功率,其中Top10 MBA服务成功率更是高达95%

查看