South: 4  %
Southwest: 5  %
West: 12  %
US Possessions/Territories: 0  %

INTERNSHIPS

Top internship recruiters, 2008-09:

Other Internship Recruiters:
N/A

Some of the teachers that we have in our program can't be matched. They genuinely care about their students on a personal and academic level. It's comforting as a student to know that they can approach their teachers if they have any problems.

The school is run like a business. I often feel they only really care about our education in that it boosts their place in ratings like these. There is a lot of incentive to take "easy-A" classes and it is really up to the student whether they want to get a fully rounded education (which most students with an eye on the Manhattan high life don't care about.)

The program has made vast improvements over the past ten years. The faculty is dedicated and experienced. The future of the school in their eyes is being the best undergraduate business schools in the country, and this belief is seen in the way they operate

Extreme grade inflation. Too many jocks. Material gets watered down and pace is too slow and still students do poorly. Despite the fact that I've exhausted most of the courses I find interesting in the major, I don't feel that I've learned anything new the past few semesters. Clubs are too exclusive, need a resume and sometimes interviews to join. People seem to be in primarily to have things to put on their resumes.

Cornell offers a wide variety of business classes, in areas from agribusiness to finance. Within each specialization, there is a great breadth of classes and learning opportunities. This enables you to take a class in virtually any subject you want.

The alumni interaction with students in our program and throughout the whole Cornell community is great. I worked for an alumni of the Johnson Graduate Business School last summer at an Investment Bank. Subsequently, I was able to get a great job offer from a top investment bank working for a private equity fund with a number of other Cornell graduates, among others. All of our alumni seem to have a very strong connection to the school and love to help its students succeed.

The business program itself is very small (~200 students at graduation), but Cornell is very large. You have the benefits of a small program, while at the same time get to experience the vast array of extracurriculars available and the social life of a large school.

This is an amazing program. The only caveat that I have encountered is that you need to be motivated to really take advantage of what's there. The professors will be very helpful if you go to office hours, but you need to do that on your own volition, the career services can help you with job searching, but again, you need to take the time to sit down and work with them. Simply going to class will still make you prepared, but not the full extent that Cornell CAN make you prepared.

What motivates me is innovation. The idea of figuring out how to do something different, or trying something new excites me. Cornell's AEM program has done that since the day I arrived. Whether it's offering new classes, updating/changing class curricula, or sponsoring/offering relevant programing your experience in the program is constantly evolving for the better. As a senior, it makes me wish I was a freshman so that I could take advantage of all the new opportunities to come.

Cornell's undergraduate business program is unique because of it's small size and the high caliber of the students. It seems as if all the business students know each other and it promotes a feeling of unity. In addition, the students are some of the hardest working people I have ever met. Thus, this promotes an environment of beneficial competitiveness and draws out the best of everyone.

The ability to take classes in Cornell's six other colleges is a major advantage that should not be overlooked. Since I have an interest in sales, I was able to take advantage of social psychology courses in the College of Arts and Sciences and hospitality courses in the School of Hotel Administration. Being able to mix with students of other majors has also improved my overall perspective on some business issues.

It is very small and I think it creates an intimate learning environment. I also think that the teaching staff is incredible. The learning environment is awesome.

CLASS PROFILE
Full-time students in newest entering class (2009-2010) that are:

Female: 30  %
International: 48  %

Students from following regions:

Africa : 1  %
Asia: 41  %
Eastern Europe and Central Asia: 2  %
Latin America and the Caribbean: 1  %
Middle East: 2  %
North America: 52  %
Oceania : 0  %
Western Europe: 1  %

Percentage of U.S. students in newest entering class that are:

African American: 13  %
Asian American: 9  %
Hispanic or Latino American: 6  %
Multiethnic/Multiracial : 0  %
Native American: 0  %
White (Non-Hispanic): 61  %
Chose not to report: 11  %

Percentage of U.S. students in newest entering class who are from the following regions:

Northeast: 70  %
Mid-Atlantic: 8  %
Southwest: 2  %
Midwest : 5  %
West: 13  %
Possessions and territories: 0  %

Mean months of work experience of newest entering class:

Median months of work experience of newest entering class:

Middle 80% range of work experience of newest entering class in months:

To:  87

Mean age of entering class:

FINANCIAL AID
  Full-time MBAs apply for financial aid through:
Central financial aid office at the university

Full-time MBAs receiving financial aid in the current academic year:
85  %

On what basis are scholarships awarded?

Academic merit

Some other criteria

How does an applicant apply for scholarship consideration?
As part of the admissions application

Mean scholarship awarded to full-time MBAs in the previous academic year:
$  11,958

Percentage of first-year students receiving financial aid who receive at least the same amount in their second year of study:
100  %

Does the school offer a guaranteed loan to all MBAs regardeless of nationality?
No

返回列表

站长推荐 关闭

美国top10 MBA VIP申请服务

自2003年开始提供 MBA 申请服务以来,保持着90% 以上的成功率,其中Top10 MBA服务成功率更是高达95%

查看