返回列表 发帖

Fresh Insead Interview Experience

Just finished my second interview 20 mins ago with a Supply Chain Manager at Nestle. Italian, 30+, tech background. He is pretty busy and the interview has to be scheduled at 8am in the morning.

Questions from him were not very 'standard', or he mixed the orders and the phrasing to make it feel that way. Right after settling down he mentioned he had no time to read my profiles, so I had to give a 5min self-intro. After that he started to question based upon my intro:

1. Why did you do decide to do your master program in tech?
  2. Why happened exactly when you quit your first job?
  3. Why do you think embedded system is going to be hot?
  4. Why MBA?
  5. You seems to know quite a few alumni from Insead. What did you hear from them about Insead? (I think I answered Why Insead question along the way)
  6. What else did you feel about them other than their enthusiasm?
  7. Why now?
  8. What's your plan after the MBA program?
  9. Tell me your opinion about how to manage a team. Give some details about your project management experience. 
  10. Your interest? What do you read usually? Which news headline captured your attention recently?
  11. If you didn't come to Singapore, where would you be today?
  12. Do you plan to go back to China?
  13. You mentioned about Lenovo. Thinking it as an example, why do you think their international branding effort is not successful?
  14. Why do you think Google has a better brand image than Microsoft? How did they manage to achieve it?  
  15. If you are going to make a news headline years later, what do you hope the title would be?

Overall speaking it's more serious than my first interview, probably because it was conducted in an office setting. The interviewer kept asking questions and taking a lot of notes. We spent quite some time on my team management experience, and my interaction with Alumni. He did not leave time for any questions from me. Instead, he emphasized that he needed to convey the very accurate information about me to the Admin com, so he spent around one minute to make sure all the questions had been answered.

Although no Q&A session for me, he did give me an advice and he spent quite sometime on it. He was asking about the new Insead campus (Singapore). When he found that I only visited there two years ago, he suggested me to go there and take a look. He felt that although I had contact with alumni, I should really go there to take a look since I am so near. (I'm getting a bit regret that I didn't do it ... ) At the end of the interview, he talked about it again and suggested me to take a look before the school starts.

In the end, he had a short summary about the interview, saying MBA is a major decision and he believed that I have taken enough consideration on it. He believed that the purpose of the interview was not to stop me from entering. (Indeed he didn't intentionally pose any difficult questions) So what he would do is to faithfully report my motivation and strength.

Similar to my first interview, we ended the conversation with "I hope to see you again in Insead." 

Time to start my work, will post my first interview experience during this weekend.  

收藏 分享
菩提本无树,明镜亦非台,本来无一物,何处惹尘埃

thanks for sharing!

返回列表

站长推荐 关闭

美国top10 MBA VIP申请服务

自2003年开始提供 MBA 申请服务以来,保持着90% 以上的成功率,其中Top10 MBA服务成功率更是高达95%

查看