TEACHING/ACADEMICS
Teaching methods used:
N/A

Requirements for graduation:

Students must have attended a minimum number of classes

Students must have earned a pre-determined GPA/letter grade average

TECHNOLOGY
Technology improvements in the last three academic years:
Implementation of a web-based student study room reservations systems. The new system supports various browsers and provides download capability of room reservations to smart phones. Booth deployed a web-based recruiter and student global talent system, GTS, to manage student career opportunities. The systems allows recruiters to post jobs on-line and students to apply and/or bid for jobs via a user-friendly web interface. Students and vendors are participating in a pilot to access Booth web applications via a smart phone. An on-line curriculum system replaced the paper-based guide. The system provides students real-time curriculum and schedule information as well as robust search capabilities. Booth alumni now have access to a web-based alumni administration system which is a community directory to update profiles and share information. Students also have a web-based administration and bidding system for classes.

Amount spent:
$  17,507,910

B-SCHOOL ALUMNI
Living MBA alumni:

Active MBA alumni clubs:

Countries in which MBA clubs exist:

Did school receive an individual gift in excess of $10 million in the past academic year?
Yes

Business school endowment
$  389,016,465

Does the main university offer career placement services for alumni?
Yes

Does the main university have an alumni networking Web site?
Yes

University alumni networking site:
http://alumniandfriends.uchicago ... areer_Resources.htm

Does the B-School have an alumni networking Web site?
Yes

Business school alumni networking site:
http://career.chicagobooth.edu/alumni/

Do current MBA students have access to an alumni database?
Yes

CAREER SERVICES
Graduates seeking full-time professional MBA employment: 92  %
Graduates not seeking employment: 8  %
Graduates for whom you have no information regarding employment: 0  %

Annual job-searching trips that the school coordinates or participates in:

Destination: New York City - investment banking
Month: December
Amount Paid By School: none
Destination: New York City - brand management
Destination: New York City - investment research
Destination: Baltimore - investment management
Destination: London - investment banking
Month: November

Primary source of job offer:

School-facilitated activities: 84  %
Graduate-facilitated activities: 17  %
No information provided by graduate: 0  %

Job Offers for 2009 graduates:

Received first job offer by graduation: 79  %
Received first job offer in three months following graduation: 8  %
Did not report having received a job offer: 13  %
Accepted first job offer by graduation: 73  %
Accepted first job offer in three months following graduation: 9  %
Did not report having accepted a job offer: 18  %

Top recruiting organizations most recent academic year:

McKinsey & Company   23
Bain & Company, Inc   16
Credit Suisse   15
Citigroup Inc.   12
Deutsche Bank AG   12
Barclays   10
JP Morgan Chase & Co.   10
Boston Consulting Group   9
Deloitte & Touche United States LLP   7
Merrill Lynch & Col, Inc.   7
Accenture   6
Bank of America Corporation   6
Booz & Company   6
Morgan Stanley   5
The Dow Chemical Company   5

Job-accepting graduates who received a signing bonus:
64  %

Base salary, signing bonuses and other compensation for most recent employed graduates:

Mean base salary: $  104,757
Median base salary: $  100,000
Mean signing bonus: $  27,380
Median signing bonus: $  20,000
Mean other guaranteed compensation: $  31,617
Median other guaranteed compensation: $  20,000

Graduating students who accepted jobs in the following functional areas:

Consulting: 23  %
Finance/Accounting: 48  %
General Management: 14  %
Human Resources: 0  %
Marketing/Sales: 11  %
Management Information Systems (MIS): 0  %
Operations/Logistics: 1  %
Other: 2  %

Graduating students who accepted jobs in the following industries:

Government: 1  %
Consulting: 23  %
Consumer Products: 9  %
Financial Services: 43  %
Manufacturing: 4  %
Media/Entertainment: 1  %
Non-Profit: 1  %
Petroleum/Energy: 5  %
Pharmaceutical/Biotechnology/Health Care: 3  %
Real Estate: 1  %
Technology: 6  %
Other: 3  %

Graduates who accepted full-time jobs in the following regions:

Africa: 0  %
Asia: 10  %
Latin America and the Caribbean: 2  %
North America: 79  %
Oceana: 0  %
Western Europe: 9  %

Within North America, graduates who accepted full-time jobs in the following regions:

Northeast: 31  %
Mid-Atlantic: 7  %
South: 3  %
Southwest: 6  %
Midwest: 43  %
West: 8  %
Possessions and territories: 0  %
Canada: 1  %

Top recruiting organizations for internships, most recent academic year:

Barclays   21
Bain & Company, Inc.   16
McKinsey & Company, Inc.   15
Credit Suisse   13
Deutsche Bank AG   11
American Express Co.   10
Morgan Stanley   10
JP Morgan Chase & Co.   8
The Boston Consulting Group   8
A.T. Kearney, Inc.   7
Booz & Company   7
Citigroup Inc.   7
International Business Machines Corp   7
UBS   7
Goldman Sachs Group & Merrill Lynch & Co   6

Internships awarded that are paid:
89  %

Weekly internship compensation:

Mean: $ 1,554
        Median: $ 1,600

Average internship length in weeks:

SCHOOL COMMENTS
School Comments:
Additional elective courses are: Antitrust and Industrial Organization, Behavioral and Institutional Finance, and Tools for Business Analysis: Excel and Matiab Employment Questions not answered are questions not MBA CSC Standards compliant. Additional job-searching trips that the school coordinates are in the Bay Area, Los Angeles, Seattle, Minneapolis, Hong Kong, Boston, Washington D.C., Atlanta, India and New York City

Chicago offers the best faculty, vast course selection, curriculum flexibility, talented students, entrepeneurship support etc -- Consulting

I believe that all of the top schools offer an excellent academic and social experience, and that finding the right personal fit is important. For me, the combination of location and curriculum, coupled with the fact that I got out of school (knowledge and my 'perfect' job) exactly what I wanted going in, I would absolutely recommend the Chicago GSB to friends/colleagues.-- Venture Capital/Private Equity

Although the cost in time, tuition and lost earnings currently look negative. I truly believe that the opportunities that have and will be presented to me will make the cost of education a postive return in investment in the long run.--Finance

I would urge those who I feel would enjoy Chicago to enroll at the GSB. It's not a "fit all" school. It was an amazing experience! -- Marketing

The MBA program at GSB put me in a well diversified top student pool, guided and challenged by the world top level faculty. I had to take immense pressure to survive the intense curriculum and rigorous recruiting process as well as enjoy various interesting social events and activities. That was much more than what I expected from an MBA program before I went to the GSB. Except for the tough winter in Chicago and the rough neighborhood in Hyde Park, the GSB community is perfect to me.-- Venture Capital/Private Equity

The MBA program at the school exceeded my expectations on the following 3 dimensions: a. Exceptional faculty and cutting edge education b. Fantastic classmates who share similar and different passions at the same time and who are eager to help you succeed c. Terrific career service staff, who are willing to go the extra mile for the students -- Consulting

Best MBA program in the world. Best faculty. Most challenging classroom experience. Best peers. -- Investment Banking

I think the Chicago GSB is great in combining high level academics, very good career focus and a very active social student life. -- Consulting

Chicago GSB is not for everyone. It is a very intense experience and you have to be willing to work very hard. I have three weeks of school left and I still feel like I am overwhelmed with all of the school work and things that need to get done. It is a transformative experience but not one that comes easily. I like the fact that I now know how to think "Chicago style". -- Investment Banking

The program was perfect for me. However, I recognize that it may not be perfect for all people. I do think that it offers all the aspects that a top b-school should offer, however not everyone needs that. -- Finance

Excellent analytical program with a strength in every field from finance, economics, marketing, entrepreneurial, etc... -- Investment Banking

Chicago GSB provided me with the challenge, opportunities, quality peer set, and education that I was looking for when I decided to return to school. -- Finance

Chicago GSB has a very diverse program, much more than it is given credit for. The recruiting is top notch and the faculty can't be beat. Also, Chicago is a wonderful town to study in. --Venture Capital/Private Equity

This is the right program for some, but not all. Best for those looking solely for academic competition. Interactions with school/students before joining clouded poor fit with program in my case. I wanted a more collegial and collaborative environment, condusive to networking. Instruction quality is over-rated. --Consulting

Great reputation, great professors, great flexibility in designing the course. -- Finance

I don't think my school is very helpful in terms of recruiting for non-traditional careers like VC/PE. --Venture Capital/Private Equity

Returns to investment will be lifelong and significantly higher than expectations. -- Marketing

Great environment for learning and socializing. -- Investment Banking

Chicago offers the best faculty, vast course selection, curriculum flexibility, talented students, entrepeneurship support etc -- Consulting

I believe that all of the top schools offer an excellent academic and social experience, and that finding the right personal fit is important. For me, the combination of location and curriculum, coupled with the fact that I got out of school (knowledge and my 'perfect' job) exactly what I wanted going in, I would absolutely recommend the Chicago GSB to friends/colleagues.-- Venture Capital/Private Equity

Although the cost in time, tuition and lost earnings currently look negative. I truly believe that the opportunities that have and will be presented to me will make the cost of education a postive return in investment in the long run.--Finance

I would urge those who I feel would enjoy Chicago to enroll at the GSB. It's not a "fit all" school. It was an amazing experience! -- Marketing

The MBA program at GSB put me in a well diversified top student pool, guided and challenged by the world top level faculty. I had to take immense pressure to survive the intense curriculum and rigorous recruiting process as well as enjoy various interesting social events and activities. That was much more than what I expected from an MBA program before I went to the GSB. Except for the tough winter in Chicago and the rough neighborhood in Hyde Park, the GSB community is perfect to me.-- Venture Capital/Private Equity

The MBA program at the school exceeded my expectations on the following 3 dimensions: a. Exceptional faculty and cutting edge education b. Fantastic classmates who share similar and different passions at the same time and who are eager to help you succeed c. Terrific career service staff, who are willing to go the extra mile for the students -- Consulting

Best MBA program in the world. Best faculty. Most challenging classroom experience. Best peers. -- Investment Banking

I think the Chicago GSB is great in combining high level academics, very good career focus and a very active social student life. -- Consulting

Chicago GSB is not for everyone. It is a very intense experience and you have to be willing to work very hard. I have three weeks of school left and I still feel like I am overwhelmed with all of the school work and things that need to get done. It is a transformative experience but not one that comes easily. I like the fact that I now know how to think "Chicago style". -- Investment Banking

The program was perfect for me. However, I recognize that it may not be perfect for all people. I do think that it offers all the aspects that a top b-school should offer, however not everyone needs that. -- Finance

Excellent analytical program with a strength in every field from finance, economics, marketing, entrepreneurial, etc... -- Investment Banking

Chicago GSB provided me with the challenge, opportunities, quality peer set, and education that I was looking for when I decided to return to school. -- Finance

Chicago GSB has a very diverse program, much more than it is given credit for. The recruiting is top notch and the faculty can't be beat. Also, Chicago is a wonderful town to study in. --Venture Capital/Private Equity

This is the right program for some, but not all. Best for those looking solely for academic competition. Interactions with school/students before joining clouded poor fit with program in my case. I wanted a more collegial and collaborative environment, condusive to networking. Instruction quality is over-rated. --Consulting

Great reputation, great professors, great flexibility in designing the course. -- Finance

I don't think my school is very helpful in terms of recruiting for non-traditional careers like VC/PE. --Venture Capital/Private Equity

Returns to investment will be lifelong and significantly higher than expectations. -- Marketing

Great environment for learning and socializing. -- Investment Banking

谢谢分享!!!

感谢分享

Married: 16  %
结了婚的只有16%...看来等上了学再在学校找对象也来得急
呵呵

Married: 16  %
结了婚的只有16%...看来等上了学再在学校找对象也来得急
呵呵
=Sarahz= 发表于 2010-6-5 05:52

MBA们很多都是晚婚主意者
Your future. Our mission.