返回列表 发帖
既然选择了远方,就只顾风雨兼程。
Robert之家-----我的家园

Continue--- 2

continue:

First , let cits "some experience" from our JJ:
1. "英语一直是我最烂的,中学大学经历无数次不及格。我这样的烂人都能上700,那么每个人都可以上700" ..., "因此不要觉得ETS很难对付,要有信心。另外最重要就是要坚持,当你脑袋麻木的时候,千万告诉自己一定要坚持住。"
2."心理:如果你能在感觉好和不好时都能保持冷静,你就会笑在最后" ..., "质比量重要,专注比时间重要"...."GMAT其实一点不难,但和自己的弱点作斗争很难。"

There are a bunch of such summary sharing their invaluable views for our reference! But what did we really learn?  --- What we have done is forgo " 经验or 警言" , the most priceless  part!! How stupid we are! We admire other's luck and hope ourselves luck but How luck we are !!!

Maybe, you say: I am preparing for myself, so hard to study. We better do that!
However, there are lots of people working hard but reward a little, why???

Why? good question. I hope more people give me your answers.
My answer: are options for you.
1. You are not familiar with what ETS tests us in each part?
2. You are not familiar with the general types of question? in addtion, the answer way?
3. You didn't control you pace very well.
4. You gave up early under some conditions, lacking any strategy .
5. You fell again in those ets labyrinth , the preseted traps,giving up or unable to save youselves.
6. You just remain a little enegry, wasted much enegry in preparation or model test or mood of nerves.
7. You have no courage to fight with your weakness. During the GMAT test, when you give a wrong answer for a question, ETS always give you another change , or you may understand that Ets will hit your error" your weakness, your unknown part" again. How do you do?

To be continued!

Well, find a good JJ " Believe in God, surpass yourself" . I am not a  Christian , but I do agree the auhtor's view on preparation. See you guys then.

唉,说起来真不好意思,我是那种考试心里素质特差的人,说起来可笑,我对考试最担心的并不是做不出题目来,通过这段时间艰苦的复习,我觉得自己虽不一定能考的很好,但只要发挥正常,一个马马虎虎的分数应该是可以的。但正常对我来说,何其难也,这次失败的考试就是很长时间都进入不了状态,就是出现那种脑子反应不过来的问题,这是我从小的老毛病了,逢大考就如此,高考时就因为紧张,将作文体裁写错(决非马虎,我审了几遍题),痛失进入重点大学的机会。唉,想想这些就觉得痛苦,愁死了!

[B Am I ready for GMAT test?&

Am I ready for GMAT test?  ? ?
If not, why do I take the test on that day? want to take change? No, never take change. Be control of yourself.

If yes, what do I need to worry? have a good night, and take for fun!

Why do I need to ask myself such question?

Yes, you have to. Simple reason ! You need confidence!!!*****Confidence, an essential and a crucial key for your success ! You want to reach your goal, you need that,at least a piece of confidence!!

How do I know I am ready?

Checklist: 1. Verbal part--- RC, SC, LC  2. Math 3. AWA

Nonsense! ? NO, wait a minute!  think about it! break it down for yourself. How much do I expect from verbal , from math, or from AWA? Especially for Verbal part: for example, I can get 80%-95% on SC, 75-95% on LC,and 50-80% on RC . Ok, fine, I almost ready for test. At least I can get 650, and better around 700, and much better around 740, luck score.  How do you feel now? En...... I am not sure. Ok, go ahead!

To Be continued!!  

Ask "BAN ZU" for fix the column!!! Can we? Welcome your opinion!!

[此贴子已经被作者于2002-11-13 0:55:00编辑过]

[此贴子已经被作者于2002-11-13 22:37:14编辑过]

收藏 分享

谢谢,一起努力,不管今后的道路会怎样走,在ROBERT之家的日子,将永远成为我人生中的财富!

thanks

Yeah, Redi, me too. My best friend always say that "挺聪明的人, 可有时短路" . I want to learn to control myself.

Redi, I saw many articles you wrote,very impressive and high quality, reflecting your method to fight ETS is right. You Will Reach You Goal! Believe yourself!

I am here ,tongxun is here,and We are here waitting for your news!

Thank you very much for sharing your story.

[此贴子已经被作者于2002-11-13 22:50:38编辑过]

[此贴子已经被作者于2002-11-14 5:56:07编辑过]

Sentence Correction Questions--- Review 1

Correct Expression. (A correct sentence is grammatically and structurally sound. It conforms to all the rules of standard written English-e.g., noun-verb agreement, pronoun consistency, pronoun case, and verb tense sequence. Further, a correct sentence will not have dangling, misplaced, or improperly formed modifiers, unidiomatic or inconsistent expressions, or faults in parallel construction.)

Effective Expression. (An effective sentence expresses an idea or relationship clearly and concisely as well as grammatically. This does not mean that the choice with the fewest and simplest words is necessarily the best answer. It means that there are not superfluous words or needlessly complicated expressions in the best choice. In addition, an effective sentence uses proper diction-the standard dictionary meanings of words and the appropriateness of words in context. In evaluating the diction of a sentence, you must be able to recognize whether the words are well chosen, accurate, and suitable for the context.)

Did you pay an attention to above points??? Be clear !

To sum Up: -- Want to do well in SC, we must:

1. Correct expression : ---- grammatically and structurally sound
including:

a. noun-verb agreement,
b. pronoun consistency,
c. pronoun case,
d. verb tense sequence
e. no dangling, misplaced,
f. no improperly formed modifiers,
g. uno nidiomatic or inconsistent expressions,
h. no faults in parallel construction

2. Effective Expression.--- no superfluous words or needlessly complicated expressions

a. uses proper diction-the standard dictionary meanings of words and the appropriateness of words in context.

b. to recognize whether the words are well chosen, accurate, and suitable for the context.

So, how should I do in SC???

My view:
1. read sentence first, at least you get subject, verb, and objective.

2. check underline parts

3. be sure using correct expression list, such as subj-verb  agreement , dangling.or pron cosistence etc.

4. Maybe we need compare each options especially for the whole underlined sentence

5. Generally , the test points are about 2-4 .

OK, that is for today! welcome your opinion, thanks!

[此贴子已经被作者于2002-11-14 23:29:16编辑过]

返回列表

站长推荐 关闭

美国top10 MBA VIP申请服务

自2003年开始提供 MBA 申请服务以来,保持着90% 以上的成功率,其中Top10 MBA服务成功率更是高达95%

查看