返回列表 发帖

[分享]美国大学本科申请技巧与策略

If you are applying for a college in the US here are a few tips that might help you.

Tips

1. It’s never to soon to think about your college education. When you are a JR in high school (11th) grade, this is the time were you need to determine what type of school you want to apply too. Example if you want to become a lawyer or business man/woman then I would suggest maybe checking into schools like Harvard, Yale, Penn State Dickerson school, and Temple. Other schools that are great for education might be University of Miami, University of Southern California, and Alabama. Depends on what type of education you want.

2. Make sure that you inquire soon to the schools that you want to apply too. Most schools have some sort of requirements that are to be met before you can attend their school.

3. US colleges like you to take the SAT test and get a score of at least 1200 or better. Some also want you to take the ACT test as well. So make sure you check first to see what types of testing you will need. This will give you a head start on finding out when to take those tests.

4. When you are in 10-12 grades in High School try to take courses that will prepare you for the type of education you are looking forward to doing in college. Most schools like it too if you have at least 2 years of any foreign language, and history and English are major courses to take.

5. See if the school requires you to write an essay as part of your application process. If so then practice writing essays and having them graded by your teachers

6. Extra Activities are always a good thing to do. If you join like football soccer, baseball, basketball, any type of sports for 3 years of high school then this is a plus. Try to be in clubs at school to like in the US we have clubs like FBLA, and Student Council, and National Honor Society and things like this. Also Band, music and art are all great to be in as well.

7. If you do any type of volunteer service this will help too. If you belong to a religious organization like Youth group then make sure to add that on the application too.

8. Always find out when the dead line is for file ling your applications. You don’t want to miss out on your college education just because you missed the application deadline.

9. Some times you can get your FEE wavered I know here in the USA if you get reduced or free lunches at school then you don’t have to pay any fee to the colleges for applying to them. This is always a plus. So it is a good idea to make sure you check on any type of special qualifications for help.

10. Be ready to apply for Scholarships, and grants. These will help pay for your college tuition. If you don’t have much money every year then most the time you will qualify for lots of grants and Scholarships.

11. Make sure that you have all your VISA requirements done and ready so that you can get an Education VISA.

12. Try to pick a school that you will feel comfortable with, depending upon the size of each class. Some have lots of students and some have fewer. This can make a big difference cause the more students per class the less one on one teaching you will receive.

13. One other thing that might influence were you might want to go to college at in the USA is the weather. Yes believe it or not the USA has all different types of weather. From Earthquake regains to Snow regains and even Tornado regains. So if you don’t like snow, ice and cold weather then I would suggest you try a school out west or down south, (the Eastern part of the USA and Northern part is always the coldest. This is were I Live) If you are afraid of Earthquakes then don’t go to college in California. Tornadoes are more likely in the Mid-West, and Lower Eastern and Southern states like North Carolina, and Florida. This is just a suggestion but it might help you out.

14. Search the web for schools in the USA and read more of the information about the college and what it is like to go there.

15. Always make sure that you fill out all the information that is required and asked for before you send in your college application. Also don’t worry if you are turned down by one school, always make sure that you apply to more then just one College. This will give you a wide variety of choices and you wont be as disappointed if you don’t get the one you wanted.

There you have it

Those were my top 15 tips to applying for a college in the United States. I hope that it was helpful, and I hope that you can come here to be educated if that is what you really want to do. So if you make it here, I wish you the best of luck in school and a new career awaits you afterwards. I always felt that a good college education was the right thing to do. I wanted to be a lawyer, but never went to school for it. Instead I got married at a young age and now have 3 children. I could still get my college education, but maybe not as a lawyer right now.

Attention

Most of the tips that I wrote above are for those students who are still in high school or for those who just graduated from high school. If you are already an adult and been out of school for some years and now you want to enter into your college education you will not have to take an SAT test or any test for that matter. You will just have to apply for a college and that is all. So in some ways that is better (ha, ha)

Pros
: Some great schools, and good education

Cons
: too many to choose from =p
收藏 分享

好文章,赞一个![em17]

good tips to share![em01]

thanks !

many   thanks  ~!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks  a   lot  !!!!!

thanks !!!!!!

thanks !