返回列表 发帖

大全-B-8

这题答案给的D, 不大明白:题干说现行的农业政策是对消费者的惩罚,因为它增加了食物的价格,以及纳税者每年10亿的税额;问支持的?

Current farm policy is institutionalized penalization of consumers. It increases food prices for middle- and low-income families and costs the taxpayer billions of dollars a year.

Which of the following statements, if true, would provide support for the author’s claims above?

I.                    Farm subsidies amount to roughly $20 billion a year in federal payouts and $12 billion more in higher food prices.

农业补贴每年大约需要政府20billion的支出,而食品价格增加12billion; 这个怎么支持的?

II.                 According to a study by the Department of Agriculture, each $1 of benefits provided to farmers for ethanol production costs consumers and taxpayers $4.

对于酒精产品每4美元的成本加税,可获利1美元, 这又是怎么支持的呢?

III.   The average full-time farmers have an average net worth of over $300,000.

(A) I only

(B) II only

(C) III only

(D) I and II onlyD

(E) I, II, and III

盼“明人”指点啊!
收藏 分享

Please see the highlighted:

I. Farm subsidies amount to roughly $20 billion a year in federal payouts (costs the taxpayer billions of dollars a year) and $12 billion more in higher food prices (increases food prices ).

II. According to a study by the Department of Agriculture, each $1 of benefits provided to farmers for ethanol production costs consumers and taxpayers $4 (institutionalized penalization of consumers ... costs the taxpayer billions of dollars a year).

谢谢回复,可还是笨啊!

再问:能再说说这两个支持中的数字的作用吗?只是给出个具体的数据作为事实支持,还是数字之间有比较关系,而进行支持的?那是怎样的比较关系呢?

Mainly "给出个具体的数据作为事实支持".

哦,谢谢,那我是把他想的复杂了,一看到数字就以为有内在的关系,拼命去想怎样的数字变化支持的,害人阿!

对2的加强作用还是不明白,能否麻烦robertchu兄再帮着解释一下?2应该怎么翻译哪?

是说农民伯伯每1块钱的利润,需要耗费纳税人4块钱?这是怎么个支持法哪?

谢谢。

是呀,II怎么就strengthen了呀?

调查显示 每补贴农民1块钱,就要消耗consumer/taxpayer 4块钱怎么就 strengthen "Current farm policy is institutionalized penalization of consumers"了呀。也许根本就没有去补贴农民呢,说不定current farm policy虽然提高了零售价,但是不但不补贴农民,反而要农民除了交税还得去无偿捐献呢。谁说increase food price就是benefit to农民了?按照中国以前的粮食政策,虽然提高了对consumer的价格,可能国家并不涨对农民的粮食收购价。

我认为II不对. 它没说高税收是由政府政策导致的.

Current farm policy is institutionalized penalization of consumers. It increases food prices for middle- and low-income families and costs the taxpayer billions of dollars a year.

Which of the following statements, if true, would provide support for the author’s claims above?

I.
Farm subsidies amount to roughly $20 billion a year in federal payouts and $12 billion more in higher food prices.

II.
According to a study by the Department of Agriculture, each $1 of benefits provided to farmers for ethanol production costs consumers and taxpayers $4.

III.
The average full-time farmers have an average net worth of over $300,000.

(A) I only

(B) II only

(C) III only

(D) I and II onlyD

(E) I, II, and III

The answer is D.
我认为II不对. 因为它虽说了消费者的高税收, 但没说高税收是由政府政策导致的.

我觉得2很好理解啊 农民赚一块 纳税人和消费者损失四块 分配不平均 有损耗 但是有一定要这样 就体现penalty了
但是1很模糊啊 单独数字就可以说补贴多和涨价了吗?

返回列表

站长推荐 关闭

美国top10 MBA VIP申请服务

自2003年开始提供 MBA 申请服务以来,保持着90% 以上的成功率,其中Top10 MBA服务成功率更是高达95%

查看