返回列表 发帖

【转】我们到底为什么要去念MBA,毕业后到底想做什么,找什么样的工作?

【讨论】我们到底为什么要去念MBA,毕业后到底想做什么,找什么样的工作? Business Administration,管理专业啊,怎么看来看去大家最后好像大都是去给金融行业、投行之类的做小兵了?难道管的都只是资金,或者小团队?

难道就没有人跳出这个圈子,去别的行业的大公司去带队打仗(商战)或者跟人合伙创业?

我在美国工作7年了,对自己的工作领域不太喜欢。个人能力尚可,打算今后自己创业。无奈先前工作的公司、城市均比较闭塞,所以想打开局面、开阔视野、建立人脉。

目前打算申请美国比较好的MBA学校,目的是为了
1. 镀金,我目前只是国内211的本科毕业生,提高一下身价
2. 在社会、商业等环境中进入更上层的环境
3. Build connections 为我今后的创业道路找一些潜在的可以打开的门路
4. 在人脉的基础上Look for investment (我有一个很大的项目想做,但是没有资金)。

对于MBA毕业后去做金融,我一点兴趣都没有。

我这样的情况,是否应该去念MBA?

可能我真正接触MBA的时间不长,所以理解还不透彻,希望大家向我开炮。

引用一位斯坦福MBA校友的观点回复

Hi ,

This is Max from Stanford GSB. I saw your post on our list. I think you have asked a very good question.

A little bit on the background of GSB students:
Out of 370 MBA 2012, about 100 came from consulting. The second largest group is finance, (and then PE and VC). Very strangely, people who held "real jobs" are in the minority.

For people who graduate from the GSB, the same ratios probably hold. There are some internal movements, but the overall percentage is largely true.

I think the biggest reason for this is salary. According to our historical data, people who enter into the finance industry can earn up to $300,000USD salary excluding bonus (whether this is a good job in terms of health, time, work/life balance... this is a personal decision).

At the GSB, a lot of people go into entrepreneurship. In the class of 2011, 16% (IIRC) are doing startups. Here in Silicon Valley, there is a never-ending stream of start-ups. I am working on one too. There is talent, investment money, and exit opportunities here; the silicon valley is unique in the world in that regard.

Some of my classmates are planning to go into non-profits, work in the tech industry, or into other industries. The problem with a lot of these choices is that the investment return is not very good. After all, an MBA is expensive; if your salary post MBA is not very high, your return period would be longer.

We are often told to follow our passion, and to eventually change the world. I think that is a good advice for anyone, whether going to do an MBA or not. If you think you could more effectively change the world (or follow your passion) by doing an MBA, I think it is a very good reason to do it.
收藏 分享

Stanford校友的回复很sincere,我也要好好考虑我的申请了。

受益匪浅

这个的确要好好想想了,随大流报了GMAT,但似乎觉得MBA离自己渐行渐远了

返回列表

站长推荐 关闭

美国top10 MBA VIP申请服务

自2003年开始提供 MBA 申请服务以来,保持着90% 以上的成功率,其中Top10 MBA服务成功率更是高达95%

查看