返回列表 发帖

杨鹏长难句第10句

Such variations in size, shape, chemistry, conduction speed, excitation threshold , and the like as had been demonstrated in nerve cells remained negligible in significance for any possible correlation with the manifold dimensions  of mental experience.

关于这个as,杨鹏的解释是such thing as something......既然是something,可是as后面是had been demonstrated in nerve cells啊,看过Topway的某个贴说是,省略了as后面的先行词?和从句引导词(that that),照这个说法就是: as that (that had been demonstrated in nerve cells),第二个that是从句的引导词,指代第一个that,并且因为是定语从句中的主语,所以被省略,这个我懂了,但是。。。。。第一个that是什么?为什么能够这样省略? 有高手能解释一下么?
收藏 分享

这句子哪有that? 别随便补,你加that反而不正确了。
这就是个很常见的结构"such ... as ...",as后面本来就可以这么写,比如"as is known to all".这里只是把such as的用法和"as is known to all"这样的用法揉一起了,nothing new.
你可以识别这个pattern然后造自己的句子,比如:
Such issues regarding s-v agreement, parallelism, modifiers, and others as have been discussed in the OG are tested on the GMAT.

理解整个句子的意思:unpack the sentence

1. so here is the situation: the mental experience is manifold by N times.
2. we (or scientists, whoever) are trying to find: what factors are correlated with N?

3. we looked at a bunch of possible factors: variations in size, shape, ....
These all had been demonstrated in nerve cells.

4. we find that all these factors are NOT correlated with N.   
(well, I need to make it simple and stupid because i'm doing reading comprehension. if i were doing research then I should say scientific jargon such as "the correlation is not statistically significant, and thus the variations in bla bla are negligible")

多谢,果然这样比较说得通,对了,我有去看你的GMAT日记哦,我们一起加油!!!

二楼正解。我觉得杨鹏的解释是有问题的

返回列表

站长推荐 关闭

美国top10 MBA VIP申请服务

自2003年开始提供 MBA 申请服务以来,保持着90% 以上的成功率,其中Top10 MBA服务成功率更是高达95%

查看