Teaching Methods:

Case Study: 30  %
Distance Learning: 0  %
Experiential Learning: 10  %
Lectures: 30  %
Simulations: 5  %
Team Projects: 25  %
Other: 0  %

Estimated number of hours per week students spend working in class and outside the classroom:

Teachers in the part-time program:

Tenured teachers in the part-time program:

Faculty with at least five years of full-time corporate experience:
54  %

Average core class size:

Average elective class size:

Electives available:

Recently added electives:
M&L 89480 Consumer Experience
BA 856 Global Management of Intellectual Property
AMIS 89433- Business Process Management
FIN 844- Entrepreneurial Finance
MHR 89462- Micro Enterprises and Economic Development
MHR 89463 – Projects in Sustainable Business Practices

Last curriculum revision:

Recent curriculum changes:
N/A

Additional concentrations offered:
Finance
Marketing
Strategy
Supply Chain Logistics & Opearations

Does the B-school offer an accelerated part-time MBA program?
No

TECHNOLOGY
Technology improvements in the last three academic years:
Implemented student web portal w/ course planning capabilities; upgraded enterprise messaging w/spam filtering solution; redesigned computer labs w/ group areas; implemented network admission control; added redundant SAN; enhanced classrooms w/ annotation monitor, touch panel room controls & improved projection equipment; implemented lecture capture system; expanded video conference plant to high definition w/ people and content & expanded IP recording; implemented web conferencing system.

Amount spent:
$  7,543,391

B-SCHOOL ALUMNI
Living MBA alumni:

Active MBA alumni clubs:

Countries in which MBA clubs exist:

Living MBA alumni who gave in past year:
6  %

Mean gift from MBA alumni:
$  553

Median gift from MBA alumni:
$  75

Did school receive an individual gift in excess of $10 million in the past academic year?
No

Business school endowment
$  95,385,021

Does the main university offer career placement services for alumni?
Yes

Does the main university have an alumni networking Web site?
Yes

University alumni networking site:
http://www.osu.edu/alumni

Does the B-School have an alumni networking Web site?
Yes

Business school alumni networking site:
http://www.fisheralumni.org/olc/membersonly/osf/network

Do current MBA students have access to an alumni database?
Yes

CAREER SERVICES
  Do part-time MBAs have access to career development office?
Yes

If yes, at what point in the degree process are part-time MBA students able to use the service?
At any time

Are part-time MBAs permitted to interview for full-time jobs?
Yes

Are part-time students included in resume drops?
Yes

Organizations that send the most participants to the part-time MBA program:

Attending Fisher has been the best decision that I have ever made. While the program was challenging at times, it was worth the work.

The program has everything imaginable to offer a person who is interested and motivated in working towards an MBA. It isn't cheap, quick, or easy, but you can make the program into whatever you're looking for.

Fisher has a mix of full-time faculty members and adjuncts. They all did an outstanding job of bringing real-world experiences into the classroom, either by their own knowledge or through guest speakers and seminars. All of the instructors were truly involved with their students and made themselves available at most times. One area that could be improved would be incorporating more professional development skills into the coursework.

The quality of the program was exceptional and its reputation will definitely help me achieve my career goals and allow me to excel in the industry at a much faster pace.

I felt that the education involved both theory as well as practical approaches. Outside speakers made the material really come to life.

OSU provided me with several opportunities not present in corporate America. The networking opportunities and access to world class professors makes the program extremely worthwhile to gain an overall understanding of business.

The part-time students should be given the same services the full-timers received. We basically had no support or events to connect us to the business community.

I felt the part-time MBA Program at Fisher will be a valuable asset to me now and in the future. I felt that overall, the instructors were excellent, the program was flexible, and the students in the program were very talented. Fisher's program offered many more opportunities than any other program in the area, and I think it was well worth the time and money.

There should be more elective courses, but all in all it was a great program.

The instruction was top notch and the breadth of classes offered makes it easy to structure your electives around your career objective.

A high quality program that provides access to resources of the entire Ohio State University. Access to career management, huge alumni network, name recognition of the program outside of Ohio.

Top executives from well-known companies were regular guest speakers at campus events, and the school offered trips to meet Warren Buffet.

Because I am working during the day, I have no ability to take part in extra-curricular programs or activities. I have noticed that full-time students do participate and have formed relationships with the professors. Because of my schedule, I go to school, take the classes, and go home. I will graduate and I would guess only two or three teachers will actually remember my name. I don't necessarily fault the program, there are activities available. I just don't have the time to take part in them. Nonetheless, that is a major difference I have noticed between the full-time and the part-time programs. This also shows up in interactions with other part-time students. Since we get out of class at 10 p.m. and have to go to work the next day, it is rare to socialize at bars and such. The sense of friendship/closeness with other students is less than compared to the full-time students.

返回列表

站长推荐 关闭

美国top10 MBA VIP申请服务

自2003年开始提供 MBA 申请服务以来,保持着90% 以上的成功率,其中Top10 MBA服务成功率更是高达95%

查看