返回列表 发帖

Wharton: It was like Chinatown meets Little India therezz

一个NB哄哄的申请者on campus interview有感
Everyone seemed to be in a hurry to go off somewhere and it was clear that the simple questions we had - with smiles on our faces and an easy manner - were a bother. I hated that. Particularly because I am familiar with Yale, Princeton and Stanford (where I and my family went to school) where 99.999999% of people are super helpful and kind, particularly at Yale, which is one of those let's-all-hold-hands-and-sing-kumbaya sort of place. I didn't get that vibe AT ALL at Penn.

。。。。。

What else? Oh, the reason I registered to be a poster in the first place. That article about how difficult it is for Chinese and Indian International students to get in.

The Indians and Chinese students. OMG.

At the risk of writing something potentially politically incorrect, the only word to describe the sheer number of Indian/Chinese students I saw is frightening. It was rather stunning. I don't know how many of the Wharton students are actually Chinese or Indian, but I am guessing no fewer than 60% of the International students are Chinese or Indian. It was like Chinatown meets Little India there.

What else? 100% of the other kids I spoke with as I awaited the interview were either consultants or bankers.  Really, really odd stuff...

What I found out, of course, is that an interview is as much a chance for the school to get to know you better as it is for you to get to know the school. For me, I immediately struck Wharton off my list of schools (I have the luxury of already being accepted at a number of other schools - I dettferred enrollment from last year). This just ain't gonna work.

Terrible, terrible experience.

P.S: Apologies in advance to anyone I offended if my post is perceived as being politically incorrect or offensive or unkind or (insert bad word here). I value honesty.
收藏 分享
Your Future, Our Mission. Topway--the world's best business school admission service.

返回列表

站长推荐 关闭

美国top10 MBA VIP申请服务

自2003年开始提供 MBA 申请服务以来,保持着90% 以上的成功率,其中Top10 MBA服务成功率更是高达95%

查看