返回列表 发帖

GMAT650申请成功的经验——给大家打打气!

I have to admit that I am not good at tests. I worked very hard for GMAT for months but only got 650 on Oct.2001. My TOEFL score is also not high 600+. Only I know how hard I worked for the TOEFL. With the two scores at hand, I really doubted my future in the MBA application at that time. I did not take tests again because that would cost me another year and I was also not confident that I could do better in the tests. So I decided to use these low scores to apply for bschools. The fact proved that my decision is correct.

First step is to write my essays. When I began to write essays, I realized that GMAT is not as important as I thought before. After I read a lot of websites of bschools, such ideas were confirmed by admission policies in every bschool.

The admission office will consider the following parts: 1, academic background: GPA, GMAT, TOEFL, 2,work background: resume, recommendation letters, 3, your essays( most important parts), 4 your potentials for future leader position, 5, community involvement. 6, the result of interview. Admission officers may evaluate your application by a quantity scale such as XX%. I am not sure the scale in details.

My background is an engineer in a gou qi for 7 years, including three years in management. So it is also not very strong. By now you can figure out what contribute to my admission. Only essays. I worked very hard on essays for nearly three months. Researching every bschool's website is very important. From there you can clearly see what kind of people they need and find whether you are suitable for it or not. According to the research, you can quickly make out your right ideas for your essays. Generally, leadership and teamwork ability are necessary for successful MBA applicants. But how to express these characters in your essays with fixed topics is your homework. The helps from MBAs and native English people will be a great asset to your essay writing. But remember, they can not give ideas for your essays, what they can do is just making your language reasonable and logical. Ideas are your homework. Nobody else can create right ideas for you. Write your first choice school’s essay lately, not begin at it. You’d better to begin with some schools you do not care too much.

Application preparation is a system project. Essays are the biggest part. However, Transcript, Certificate of Degree, Recommendation letter from your references, application form, and etc. also take your time. So arrange everything as early as you can.

Interviews become more and more important in the MBA applications. Most bschools begin to require their applicants to attend an interview. Fluent oral English will be an asset. However, that does not mean you have no chance if you can not speak good English. Practice makes perfect. You can read articles loudly in front of a mirror. Prepare it early than you thought. Right after or before you send out your applications, you'd better to request interviews for some schools. You can choose some schools you do not really want to go to practice first and get experiences from them.

All of above is just what I got in the application process. Wish it can help you a little bit. Good Luck!
收藏 分享

返回列表

站长推荐 关闭

美国top10 MBA VIP申请服务

自2003年开始提供 MBA 申请服务以来,保持着90% 以上的成功率,其中Top10 MBA服务成功率更是高达95%

查看