返回列表 发帖

托福独立写作

Its not often a good thing to move to a new city because of the loss of friends 2009.10.31

for successful development of a country,the government should foucs its budget more on young children education than on college education
. 2

the best way to increase the quality of education is to increase teachers salaries

Do you agree that the government should support the scientific research even theres no practical use? 2010.1.30

Agree or disagree? If child want to do well in school, parents should limit the hours of watching TV programs or movies 2010.3.20. 5

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Movies and televisions should always show audience good people are being rewarded and bad people are being punished.2009.10.17. 6

It is only worth watching movies that can teach us something about real life, agree or disagree

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement: People can solve important problems by themselves or with the help from their family members so there's no need for the government to help them. 2010.3.20

If you need to discuss upsetting or controversial problems with others, you will use e-mail or text messaging, OR use the telephone or voice-messaging.. 8

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement:All high-school students should take basic economic courses.
. 9

People holding different views cannot achieve success as a team. 2010.2.13. 12

Which is better, challenging plans about one's future or practical plans about one's future? 2010.3.6

收藏 分享
Your Future, Our Mission. Topway--the world's best business school admission service.

It’s not often a good thing to move to a new city because of the loss of friends 2009.10.31

In my opinion,although I may take the risk of losing some old friends for moving to a new city,I will also have more opportunities to make more new friends.

My job required a lot of
travels between Beijing and other major cities of China.I may wake up in my rented apartment in Beijing in the morning but go to bed in a hotel in Shanghai later in the evening.Not surprisingly ,people assumed that I can not have many friends since I had neither time to socialize nor a stable social circle.They are wrong,however.While I keep in touch with most of my old friends,I meet a lot of new friends —friends that are stable.My social circle is not shrinking due to the loss of friends,but expanding because of my chance to meet a lot of new people. In fact,my
colleagues in different cities,people I met during an airflight,and even people who live in the same hotel with me can all be my potential friend.How do I manage to accomplish this seemingly impossible task?

First,modern technology faciliates me to keep in close touch with my old friends even though we live in separate cities.For example,I can either make a phone call to my friend or chat with them on the internet.Moreover,we can browse each others facebook pages to share the latest news in our life.On the other hand,I enjoy making friends with people I meet in my life.Because I am willing to share my views with other people and discuss social issues about which are generally concerned by the public.Once, when I was on a flight journey,a beautiful lady sat next to me.I initiated a conversation about the air ticket fee raise.We found the same language and complained about the air company.The journey was really fun.Moreover,we are now good friends and she visits my facebook page everyday.

Overall,moving to new places is not as formidable as many would assume.I am quite experienced in this:first,don’t forget your old friends,contact them frequently and show your real care for them.Also,if you can open your heart and treat others frankly,you will make a lot of new friends.

Your Future, Our Mission. Topway--the world's best business school admission service.

for successful development of a country,the government should foucs its budget more on young children education than on college education

Obviously ,children education,or primary school education,serves completely different purpose from college education.Whereas children education fosters young generations’ interest in science and arts,promotes their learning skills and helps them develop consistent value systems,college education dedicates to cultivate experts and elites of the future.Therefore,for successful development of a country,the government should spend more of its budget on college education.

In fact,children education can be divided into two parts—t he school education and parental guide.While children attend lessons in school,they receive even more education from their parents who accompany them all the time after school.With few sophisticated labotary equipments but more rudimentary/basic facility such as projectors and viedo players,primary schools need no big investment,thus requiring comparatively less government funding.Not to mention parental guide,this family activity demands no government funding at all.

On the contrary,college education is expensive.Hiring teaching staff especially prominent professors,introducing sophisticated laboratory equipments,providing students with high-tech amenities such as library and lecture hall,all these critical factors that contributes to the quality of college education cost vast amounts of money.Although college fees are soaring,they still can’t cover all these expenses without government support.In fact,The government has addressed this issue and generously increased its college education investment.Imagine the days when 20 students had to share 5 computers in a computer science class,they would envy us who now each owns a laptop in class.And this progress must largely attributes to the government’s resolution to foster competitive generations for the country’s future.

Overall,future competition between countrys is becoming more and more fierce,and focus on technology and inovation.Children education is important,yet college education is crucial to a country’s success.

the best way to increase the quality of education is to increase teacher’s salaries

What are the deciding/major contributing factors in a well-rounded education?This has been a contentious issue.Among the various answers,however,the stength of teaching squad is beyond debate.Then the answer to how to increase the quality of our education becomes obvious:Better teaching staff,better education.Unfortunately,another question arises with this apparent answer:how to increase the ability of the schools’ teaching staff?As far as I am concerned,Enhancing their salary levels is a good,yet far from the best,measure. this measure also suffers risks that it may turn out to be counterproductive.

Teachers are playing an increasingly important role in school education today.They are not only involved in trational class teaching and aftercalss research,but also serves as role models of students,especially teenagers.Their teaching capability and ethical standards are crucial to students academic progress and mental development.Frankly speaking, many teachers deserve a better income which will satisfy their personal needs as well as stimuate them to further improve their job performance.

However,I see no correlation between income level (as long as it is adequate) and teaching abilities.On the contrary,the motive to pursue a high income will sometimes distract teachers form their work and obligations.For example,If a college professor,in pursuit for money and fame(higher fame means higher salary) ,attends too many public affairs to tout his newly published book or frequently appears in TV programs,he will ignore his responsibility for tutoring students and no longer focus on research project.And the college’s education quality will thus be damaged.

Besides a salary increase,there are a number of ways to enhance a school’s education quality: introducing competition and performance evaluation system in teaching staff,offering training programs,or orgnizing teachers forums which faciliates discussion and communication among teachers.After all,increasing the teacher’s salary is not the first option since it will also increase the university’s cost.

Overall,Qualified teaching staff can enhance the quality of education.To improve the strength of the teaching staff,the school board has a variety of choices,among which a pay raise is not the priority.

Do you agree that the government should support the scientific research even there’s no practical use? 2010.1.30

Scientific researchs are valuable only if they can finally turn into practical use and solve practical problems.

Before deciding their limited annual budget on science research projects,it is important for the government to make clear their priorities first—on projects that yield practical fruits or on researchs that turn into anything but practical use.
We live in an era when technology brings us,along with unprecedented convinience and comfort,numerous
troubles some of which are even threatening human survival.We are quite familiar with these issues through the meida:Global warming due to green house gas emission,deforestation and animal distinction because of habitat expansion,and frequent breakout of pandemic disease owing to antibiotics abuse,not to mention the surging world population which will demand our agriculture to yield twice as much food anually as it does now to sustain by 2050.yet what we know few about are the solutions to them.

Time is urgent while budget is always tight.The answer to these issues lie in techology innovation.Whereas those scientific researchs that focus on unrealistic problems are no cure for environmental issues,science projects that concentrate on practical use will help human save the earth. For example,research on next generation car engines which use electricity as power will greatly reduce greenhouse gas emmisionrogram that develops new medicines will kill lethal bacterias and save people’s life;Studies on new seed will largely enhance crop survival rate and field production.All these science projects will improve our life quality and require immense governemnt investment.

Overall,unrealistic science study can not directly improve our life.In other words,it is not only a waste of time,but also a huge waste of money.Government need to spend their limited science budget wisely—dedicate most of them to projects that will directly address our current issues.

Agree or disagree? If child want to do well in school, parents should limit the hours of watching TV programs or movies 2010.3.20

Students’ academic performance has always been the major concern of all parents.Besides investing increasingly more money and effort in children’s education,parents may also consider limit their access to TV programs or movies,which contain too many violence and adult content and will negatively affect both childrens mental development and school performance.

Watching TV and movies not only occupies students’ time for school assignments,but also gives rise to many social problems.Warning us about the soaring youth crime rate,a recent study by Chinese government reveals a correlation between media violence,especially in TVs and movies,and juvenile crime rate during the past decade.To attract more audiences to increase profit margin,entertainment corporations are incorporating vast adult-oriented elements and illustrating the dark side of the society in their programs.Even some adults complain that many movies and TV programs are insulting.What if our children have unlimited access to these programs after school without parent guide?Obviously,they will be distracted form their school assignments and their mental development will deviate from the correct path.Even worse,they will learn to express their hostile feelings in an aggressive way --a way that induces vandalism and crime.

However,I don’t mean that good academic record and after school entertainment are contradictory.On the contrary,whereas spending too time studying can be counterproductive,allocating adequate time on entertainment such as watching TV and movies can be a relaxation of body and mind,which will in turn benefit children’s school performance.Moreover,some TV programs are speically designed for children and serve educational purpose.Such programs as Discovery Channel which will evoke their interest in science study or cartoons that help children establish consistent value systems will be a good complement to formal school education.

Overall,to help children perform well in school,parents should limit their access to TVs and movies and encourage their children to watch beneficial programs.

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Movies and televisions should always show audience good people are being rewarded and bad people are being punished.2009.10.17

Moives and televisions are major sources of entertainment for most of the people,especially teenagers who bear a strong curiousity about the world outside school and family.While providing them joys and relaxations,these two forms of entertainment carry,at least partly,the responsiblility to educate the younger generation and inform them decent moral principals. Therefore,movies and television programs have the duty to show social justice—the good being rewarded and the bad being punished.

In the first place,popular movie stars are the role models who are admired and imitated by millions of teenager fans.Their behaviors in the movies are regarded by them as guide to their real life act.Parents will be relieved if these movie stars act as a well-behaved people who is rewarded by social justice and the public.What if,however, some law-breaking characters in the movie are not punished or even adversly justified by the author?Obviously,The negative impact on young audiences will be disaterous.In fact, an alarming trend has surged recently when the entertainment industry is enjoying immense economic success--a recent study by Chinese government revealed a correlation between youth crime rates and increasing media violence in the past 10 years.As a result,The chinese government begins to implement stricter censorship on movies.

Also,popular medias play a key role in promoting the ethical standard of the society and influencing the value system of the public.Saturated with excessive violent and ponorgraphic content,some of the
mainstream movies and television programs distort the concepetion of right and wrong,scorn the abidience of laws and advocate for violent solutions to problems
.A strain of critical opinion attribute the moral breakdown of the society to the
misleading entertainment industry.I can’t agree more with them,if the good and bad are treated unfairly in the virtual images,the moral levels of our society will inevitably degrade/corrupt/collapse.

Overall,to protect the mental well-being of younger generations and promote ethical standards of the society,Movies and televisions are obliged to present a theme that is consistent with our value systems—the good being rewarded and the bad being punished.

It is only worth watching movies that can teach us something about real life, agree or disagree

I don’t agree with this statement.In my opinion,all wovies can be,more or less,instructive and beneficial to us.

Movies have become an important means of entertainment for modern people.Whether they are science fiction movies ,historical movies or movies that illustrate modern life,most of them are based on
the prevailing social perspective and are consistent with our current value systems.When going to the theatre to spend a pleasant weekend,we don’t have to be too selective to watch movies which are meant to “teach” us.In fact,all movies can be,more or less,instructive and we are fully justified to choose whatever we like in the movie theatre.

Different movies reflect various aspects of our real life.What we will learn from the movie all depends on how we comprehend these intructive information incorporated within the movies.Some people prefer to watch science fiction movies which not only fulfills their imagination for the future but also evokes their interest in real life science study;some people enjoy historical themes because they find many similarities between historical figure and contemporary people.They find most of the movie characters’ maneuvers still practical in real life;Others,including me,choose to watch movies that illustrate modern life.I discover many novelties from the movies:from basic physics principles in “The big bang theory”to the breathtaking landscape of the mountains in “Vertical limit”.These movies are all “good lessons” encourage us to learn and explore more about our lifes.

However,I must admit that certain movies are designed for educational aims.They are generallymore educative than other movies.For example,many cartoons cater for the needs of children and perform educational functions.Therefore,such children-oriented movies are highly recommended because they are more instructive and are easier to understand.

Overall,watching movie is a means of entertainment/recreation,not a school assignment.our selections of movies depends on our interests.In fact,all movies can be instructive as long as we know how to appreciate them.

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement: People can solve important problems by themselves or with the help from their family members so there's no need for the government to help them. 2010.3.20

Government has covered my health insurance,subsidized my primary education and even financed part of my apartment.High inflation,soaring unemployment rate and increasingly more frequent natrual disasters have been a nightmare of all of us.In face of such disasters as hurricane and the WenChuan earthquake,our own effort and generous help from family members pale in comparison to government support.Another still fresh memory is about the catasthrophic Wen Chuan earthquake,which destorys millions of people’s homeland.In the first place,the government reacted quickly and orgnized rescue forces to save the victims.Then,by combining red cross donation from all over the world and government budget,the government invested billions of dollars to help the refugees rebuild their city,a city that is completely new and sprouts up in only two years time.Without immense government support,such miracle has no chance to happen.

However,government support is not a remedy for all headaches.Whereas government cover those big issues,friends and family members will generously lend us a helping a hand with minor problems.If you travel to a new city but find all the hotels full,don’t worry,you may ask your firend in that city for accomodation.If you catch a serious flu, no problem,your family will take good care of you. After all,most of the difficulties in our daily life can be solved without bothering
the government.

Overall,we are coping with various problems everyday and dream for a all-round remedy for them.On the one hand,your friends and family will always back you up as long as they are capable of dealing with the troubles.On the other hand,the government will provide its citizens with great support against greater issues whose solutions are beyond our reach.As far as I am concerned,by embracing both sources of help,people can readily overcome all the obstacles on their way to success.

If you need to discuss upsetting or controversial problems with others, you will use e-mail or text messaging, OR use the telephone or voice-messaging.

Discussing controversial problems with my friends have always been one of my worst headaches.Struggling between a wide variety of solutions,I eventually discover E-mail the best remedy for this problem.

First,whereas I am easily affected by emotions of other people and therefore lose focus in the conversation,I could keep calm and thoroughly express my opinions in an e-mail.By revising the phrasing/word choice of the message,I can refine the details and suggest possible solutions to the problem after careful deliberation.Moreover,e-mail can help people as introvert as me avoid many embarrasment that they might encounter during phone conversations.For example,I forget to return 100 dollars you borrowed from my friend but I was too embarassed to make a apologize call.E-mail saved my life.After receiving my sincere apologize in a carefully written e-mail,my frind forgave me and we even became better friends now.

Also,e-mails in written language,as compared to phone conversations,are more formal and polite.

They are especially helpful in dealing with serious problems because they emphasizes the seriousness of the issue as well as give my friends a sense of being respected,which will definitely benefit the problem solving process.

However,e-mail is not a panacea for all the problems.It suffers disadvantages when the problem needs instant solution.We can’t expect our e-mails are instantly received and responded in time.Instead,making a phone call to discuss an emergency seems a better choice.

Overall,I am an introvert and I prefer to write an e-mail to discuss a controversial issue with my friends as long as it is not urgent.When dealing with urgent issues,however,I will unhesitately make a phone call.

返回列表

站长推荐 关闭

美国top10 MBA VIP申请服务

自2003年开始提供 MBA 申请服务以来,保持着90% 以上的成功率,其中Top10 MBA服务成功率更是高达95%

查看