返回列表 发帖
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement:All high-school students should take basic economic courses.

Are you familiar with these economic terms and concepts:inflation rates,stock exchange,or national deficit?If not,blame your high-school for not offering a basic economic course.In fact,these concepts and terms are no longer far away from us.They are flooding the meida and influence every aspect of our daily life.Therefore,it is important for high-school to offer introductory course about economics,which will absolutely broaden students’ view and benefit their life.

First,basic economic courses can present students some common senses and concepts in economics.What is inflation?What are the negative impacts of inflation in our ordinary life?And then by identifying contributing factors that causes the inflation,the courses can give students a relatively full version of inflation.Students will no longer wonder why 10 dollars make them a “wealthy” boy in the childhood but can hardly buy anything now.

Moreover,basic economic courses can introduce some ways to manage wealth.Although students do not have many financial assets,it is never too early to konw the importance of investing their money wisely.For example,teachers can explain what is a stock market.Why some stocks of some companies such as the Apple and Google keep rising and why some never stop falling.Students are not required to learn the skills in stock exchange,but they can have a basic idea of what factors contribute to the potential of a good company.The concept of asset management will benefit their life in the long run.

Also,economics courses are a good complement to other courses in high-school.A well-rounded education cultivates students’ interests in various subjects and help them find the field which the really want to dedicate to in the future.Therefore,a wide range of courses will contribute to a well-rounded education.

Overall,economics have permeated through every corner of our life.Students should take economic course in high-school because it will broaden their perspect and benefit their life.

Your Future, Our Mission. Topway--the world's best business school admission service.

Technology/environment

Has technology alinated us rather than brough us together?this has been an contentious issue for a long tiem.I am not an advocate of neo-luddism myself.Yet I am concerned that Our society is becoming increasingly technological at the cost of our psychological health and interperonal relationships.

Obviously,we are all enjoying the unprecedented convinience that modern techonology bring us.Need a chat?you don’t need to go to a bar and meet somebody,open your computer,log onto a chatroom!Bored with your work?don’t bother to call out friends who may be busy doing their own stuff to play poker games,a online game will perfectly satisfy your need.But are virtual “friends” in the chatroom real friends with whom you can seriously express your spiritual feelings?Can computer games really provide you the joy that you experience when you play with your school buddies?I don’t think so.however,When I was turned down again by one of my college classmates who said he was engaged in an online game and could spare no time hanging out with me,I realized that technology are alienating us form our friends,collegues,and even our parents.

Can you remember the last time you sit in the garden in one pleasant afternoon,chatting with your old father,helping your mom with some household chores?For many people,it must have been a long time ago. When you try to write “visit my parents tomorrow” in your busy schedule,you may hesitate,and think a phone call instead might be just enough.Modern technology featured by instant communication deters us from the original way of express our feelings and show our carings for others.

Admitedly,technology have made our work ever more efficient and knit the world together in a web of information and phone lines.It makes your friends and parents just a click-of-button away.Those days when peope have to suffer a long time to transmit their message have gone,forever.In spite of that,technology does give rise to new problems,namely,the “spiritual crisis”.Digital Codes are efficient, error free,and also—soulless.As they replace tradional hand written mails and personal visits,they eradicate the emotion and spirit content lay in human communication,thus making us more lonely,spiritually,than ever before.What is more alerting is that young generations,grow up with ipads,blackberries and other high-end electronics,are losing the basic communications skills,which will inevitably hamper their personal development in both schools and workplace.

While enjoying the unprecedented convinience techology bring me,I am aware that I need to look for a bit more balance between technology and life.After all,talking to a virtual friend with keyboards is never as joyful as hanging out with someone whom you can see laugh and cry,talk and smile.

Your Future, Our Mission. Topway--the world's best business school admission service.

success/old/young

work/career

Working for money or work for interest?this has long been a disputable issue.It won’t be an easy task for us to choose between two jobs—one offers a tempting salary,and another provides you with a great job satisfaction.As for me ,I vote for the later---work for interest to gain great job-satisfaction.

Interest makes your job performance better with passion / without interest

Greater job performance leads to more income:elite sports stars such as : Former Brazilian football star Ronaldo,who unprecedentedly won the “FIFA world footballer of the year” award for consecutive 3 years
they begin their career as

While you are working in the field you are greatly interested in, you can not only enjoy great job satisfaction, fullfill your potential,and realize your dreams ,but also are promised with a tempting financial compensation.

People holding different views cannot achieve success as a team. 2010.2.13

I don’t agree with the statement.Although People holding distinctive views may sometimes raise conflict and inharmony in a team,the team can still succeed as long as people in the group,especially leaders,know how to appreciate distinctive views and reconcile them.

According to many prominent business man, diversity is a contributing factor to a successful team.They promote brainstorming in their advisor team to gain insight into an issue.On the contratry,if all people in the team share unanimous ideas,the team’s prospect will be in doubt.The reason is obvious.

First,different views and evoke interactions of different minds and raise helpful discussions. These discussions not only address current issues,but also lead to even better solutions to the problem. For example,the marketing team of a computer company have different opinions about the color design of their laptops.Some argues that the color should be changed to be brighter to attract student customers.Others,based on past experience, insist that the color should be black to emphasize its cutting-edge technology.After several discussions, they reach a reasonable solution:conduct a market research to find out who are the major customers of their product,the students or business man? Contrary to past experience,the survey shows that student coustomers outnumbered work-place users.Thanks to diverse opinions in the team,the company make the right

decision and adopt a more fashionable design.The laptops eventually prove to be a huge success.

On the other hand,consensus in opinions may eliminate useless discussions.What if,however,the overwhealming opinion in the team is wrong?Let’s look at the computer company’s example again:imagine that all people in the marketing team agree to use previous designs which are business-oriented.Obviously,their product will not be welcomed by major consumers---the students and the marketing strategy will turn out to be a big failure.This tragedy can be avoided if the team encourages diversity,respects different opinions, and takes advantage of distinctive views.

Overall,people holding different views in a team can definitely succeed as a team.In fact,distinctive ideas in a team secures its success rather than hindering its development.

Which is better, challenging plans about one's future or practical plans about one's future? 2010.3.6

When I am making plans for the future,I will set high goals to challenge myself because only in this way can I fulfill my potential and enjoy the sweet self-satisfaction after success.

A Challenging plan is an effective impetus in people’s work and study.Unlike practical goals which can be achieved without much effor,a challenging plan sets higher goals and thus stipulates greater dedication and commitment.Although sometimes appearing to be quite ambitious,these goals are not far beyond reach.If we maximize our effort and stimulate our potential,we can achieve the seemingly “impossible” goal.For example,when I played in the football team,I suffered a lot from insufficient stamina,which could only sustain me half of the game time.In summer vacation, I adopted mountain climbing to increase my endurance.My aim is to conquer a mountain of a height about 1000 meters above sea in 1 hour.My teammates regarded it as a crazy idea.They were right at the beginning.In fact, the first time I used 3 hours to complete the mission.However, I did not surrender.The next week I shortened the time to 2.5 hours,and then 2 hours.After a month’s practice,I eventually managed to accomplish the challenge within one hour.This not a very intriguing story,but what is important is the thing I learned from it:If I believe in myself and commit myself to my aims,I can overcome the obstacles and succeed.

Another reason I prefer to set a challenging goal is that it can bring me great self-satisfaction once I have managed to achieve it.Whereas realistic goals always bring about expected results which hardly impress us,a challenging plan yield sweet fruits out of expectation and boost our self-confidence.Here is the end of my mountain climing story:when I finished my stamina trainning and went back to the football team.Everyone was amazed about my improvement.Not surprisingly,My excellent performance in the final won me a lot of credit,and most important,I was satisfied about myself and found all the effort I had paid worthy.This experience was a valuable memory and source of my confidence.

My story is just an ordinary one among numerous success stories.However,I want to demonstrate that a challenging goal is beneficial to our success as long as we stick to it,fulfill our potentials and dedicate real efforts to it.

People should have hobbies and do physical activities that are very different from their own work.2010.4.10

Although some people assume that people must have work-related hobbies to gain better job performance ,I recommend people to try some hobbies and activities that are quite different from their own work.In fact, such hobbies can not only relieve their mental or physical stress,but also benefit their career in the long run.

To fully enjoy their free tiem,people have many hobbies to choose.Obviously,healthy hobbies contribute a lot to the well-being of people’s
personal lifes.Mountain climbing provide aerobic training which can stimulate one’s blood circulation;Reading historical novels can enrich one’s knowledge and raise his cultural awareness;Visiting a museum can promote one’s aesthetic standards and Listening to classical music can bring great relaxation and pleasure.Besides bring entertainments and recreations,these hobbies are also highly rewarding in enhancing your job performance.For example,Playing an musical instrument can improve the collabortion between people’s left brain and right brain,thus increase their mathematical ability.Mountain climbing can strenghten your endurance,which will aid you when you have to work overtime.

Does a football player have to paly basketball after trainning to increase his jump and stamina?Does a painter have to go to the art exhibitions in his spare time to gain extra inspirations?The answer is definitely no.Dedicating to much time and effort into work related hobbies can only be counterproductive.For example,a computer programmer works on a computer for over 10hours everyday.If he continues to browse the internet and searche for files when he returns home,his eyes and shoulder will definitely go on protest.He needs a rest and something for a change.Listening to some music may give him better inspirations.

Just as a programmer that deals with C++ codes everyday will not even turn on his computer when he reaches home,people do not have to take work-related hobbies to enhance their competence for the job.In fact,there are so many hobbies that can contribute to the well-being of your personal life as well as benefit your career.

返回列表

站长推荐 关闭

美国top10 MBA VIP申请服务

自2003年开始提供 MBA 申请服务以来,保持着90% 以上的成功率,其中Top10 MBA服务成功率更是高达95%

查看