返回列表 发帖

PERSONAL STATEMENT(机电专业,攻读硕士)

PERSONAL STATEMENT

A graduate from the Harbin Institute of Technologies, an institution of higher learning known for its selectivity, I have solidly grounded myself in a discipline that is still new in China, namely, mechatronics. With four years of strict training and conscientious studies behind, I am now versed in a broad range of subjects related to this discipline. But I would like to pursue more advanced studies in it. I now apply for acceptance into your Master' program for the sole reason that your program is one of the few that offer graduate studies in mechatronics.??tR}<??Pbbs.eduglobal.com???­??B?§?
I first became fascinated with making electronic devices in high school. Until then, I was content with making mechanical gadgets, from which I derived immense pleasure. As a child, I made my own toy gliders and vacuum cleaners. In making such things, I instinctively rasped the principles of aeromechanics. After I entered into junior high school, I began to make small electronic appliances by using electrical circuit boards. As I experimented for new inventions, I felt more and more constrained by the limited approaches. I yearned to make really user-friendly gadgets and devices that could be readily accepted on the market.??tR}<??Pbbs.eduglobal.com???­??B?§?
At the university, I chose mechatronics as my major for its interdisciplinary nature. Built on the combined strength of mechanics, electronics, computer science and automatic control, this genre of studies does away the single-mindedness inherent in the pursuit of studies in one area. With mechatronics, I began to create a much larger variety of products that could serve a lot of different purposes. The onset of mechatronics represents to me a major step forward in the manufacturing technology.??tR}<??Pbbs.eduglobal.com???­??B?§?
I thoroughly enjoyed the four years of my undergraduate studies at the Harbin Institute of Technology, a major cradle of China's engineering talents. I found most of the courses I took not only instructive but also entertaining. But I particularly liked the hands-on experience that the Institute always promoted and required. For virtually every course of my major, we engaged in assorted experiments and projects. The completion of each experiment or academic paper brought me immense satisfaction by giving me an unmistakable sense of achievement.

I feel that technology makes sense only when it serves some human purpose. A good product therefore has to be designed and tailored to conform to human habits, some of which may be based on misperceptions or misconceptions. Designers of consumer products have to be aware of and take into consideration those misperceptions or misconceptions so that the products they design have enduring attraction to consumers. All this is easier said than done, of course, as it requires the designers not only a sophisticated understanding of human nature but also superb engineering skills to realize his ideas. I am glad to say that I have both.??tR}<??Pbbs.eduglobal.com???­??B?§?
A large part of my strength comes from my expertise in computer science. Making good use of my spare time, I taught myself a whole range of computer courses, among which were: Networking and Communications, Operating Systems, Data Structure and Computation, Computer Systems and Their Principles, Software Engineering, Database, C Language, and Visual Basic. I was particularly fond of improving and upgrading mechanical devices by the combined use of computerized control technology and the programmable logical controller. My computer skills paid off when I embarked on my graduation project, for which I spent only days instead of the three months most of my classmates spent.??tR}<??Pbbs.eduglobal.com???­??B?§?
By studying mechatronics, I am involved in one of the five high-tech disciplines that the Chinese government is actively promoting. Thanks to the state sponsorship, my department grouped scientific research and technological achievements. Taking full advantage of this faculty's seasoned guidance, I trained myself vigorously and fruitfully. My command of English was considered the best in my class throughout my four undergraduate years, and my computer skills were so good that it would be an understatement to say that they were the best in my department. My overall GPA was among the top five per cent in my class of 103 students.??tR}<??Pbbs.eduglobal.com???­??B?§?
Taking my self to task in the real world, I worked on numerous part-time jobs while I was at the university. For these jobs, I usually utilized my computer skills and command of English. For example, I wrote computer programs for small companies and searched for information on the Internet for them. Besides making money, I also learned to market both my expertise and myself as a person.??tR}<??Pbbs.eduglobal.com???­??B?§?
Your program stands out as one of the precious few that offer graduate research in mechatronics. That alone testifies to your excellence in engineering. As I seek to place myself on the cutting-edge of the studies in mechatronics, I think your program is where I should be pursuing my advanced degrees. I am sure that, with the benefit of your advice, I can acquire broader perspectives and more profound insights. Your favorable consideration of my application will be greatly appreciated.??tR}<??Pbbs.eduglobal.com???­??B?§?

收藏 分享
Your Future, Our Mission. Topway--the world's best business school admission service.

返回列表

站长推荐 关闭

美国top10 MBA VIP申请服务

自2003年开始提供 MBA 申请服务以来,保持着90% 以上的成功率,其中Top10 MBA服务成功率更是高达95%

查看