返回列表 发帖

一个790大牛的考G感受!(51;48;99%)

Wow, what a rush. The whole way through the test, I knew I was getting 'hard bin' questions, but I didn't feel supremely confident on every answer. There were at least 3-4 verbal questions where I only had a mild preference for one of the remaining two answers over the other. When I saw the '790' on the screen, I felt a jolt of adrenaline and overwhelming relief.

When I walked out of the cubicle farm testing room, the proctor printed out my scores and applied the test center imprint. She did a double-take when she saw the numbers. "Wow," she said, her professionalism melting a little. "Have fun at Harvard." I could only grin like an idiot. I do happen to be applying to HBS.

Details: Quantitative 51, Verbal 48. 99th percentile on both sections as well as overall.

I did notice a strange new question form that wasn't in the OG or my Kaplan/Princeton Review books. It consists of a short paragraph with two bolded phrases, and then five answer choices that try to describe what role the two phrases play in the paragraph. For example, an answer choice might say 'The first bold phrase explains why the situation has occurred, and the second phrase provides evidence for what the stated solution will fail.' I had about four of these questions on the verbal section, and assume that it was experimental.

Otherwise, the verbal section wasn't too bad. Sentence correction was the area I focused on, and I used the strategy of writing down why each answer was wrong on my scratch paper. For example, I might have written:
A (crossed out) 'misplaced modifer'
B (circled, correct answer)
C (crossed out) 'bad idiom'
D (crossed out) 'misplaced modifier'
E (crossed out) 'A/O' (= 'apples and oranges comparison')

I practiced identifying the problem with each answer on the OG sentence correction problems, and it worked pretty well. I found that Kaplan's 'GMAT 800' book had a good framework for breaking down the most common errors. RC and CR was pretty trivial.

On the math section, the problems were significantly harder than on the OG, but that's probably because I was in the high bin the whole time. Permutations/combinations came up on three questions, and there was some probability in two others. Otherwise, the rest of it was high school algebra.

Go ahead and post any questions. I'm still riding the high, having finished the test only two hours ago, and can't really put a long, coherent post together.
收藏 分享

以下是引用BOYKING在2005-4-2 15:00:00的发言:

比我的平均莫考成绩高不了整100分!

真正到了考试时候,提高100分也不是不可能的,也许下一个790就是你呢! 

不知道全国一年能出几个790? 呵呵

以下是引用thinkers在2005-4-5 1:02:00的发言:

不知道全国一年能出几个790? 呵呵

肯定不包括我[em06]

a big NN!

牛!

a chinese?

真牛!