返回列表 发帖

Ross商学院的Student Ambassadors介绍

对Ross商学院感兴趣的申请人,可以跟Ross商学院的Student Ambassadors联系,询问关于商学院的一起问题,很方便的校友资源。

Connect with a Student Ambassador to ask your questions about Ross or life in Ann Arbor. Read our Ambassador blogs or utilize the filters below to search for Ambassadors by career focus, prior industry, geographic region, undergraduate major, or student organization. You can search by using a single filter or multiple parameters.

Student Ambassadors are not able to offer advice about your application, your likelihood of admission, etc. If you have questions of this nature, please review our program's Frequently Asked Questions section or send them torossmba@umich.edu.

Ambassador email addresses may be obtained by clicking on the hyperlinked "Email Me" or by right-clicking and choosing the "Copy Email Address" or "Copy Shortcut" option.

这个帖子只摘了part of the student ambassadors,更多信息可以浏览官网链接:http://www.bus.umich.edu/admissions/mba/tours/ambassadors.htm

1.Pedro Partiti de Oliveira, Class of 2014
Email me

Career Focus: Consulting, Finance - Corporate

Geographic Region: Latin America
     Citizenship: Brazil
     Undergrad: Universidade de Sao Paulo - Electronics Engineering
     Prior Industry: Finance - Commercial Banking, Consulting
    Clubs/Student Organizations: Brazilian Business Student Association
"Having coming from a heavy analytic field in my undergraduate major, and working in a heavy number based industry as consumer banking, the need for a MBA focused on action was a must in my career, and the Ross' program is a major step in my goal towards a greater strategy role in my future job position after my MBA, especially considering my willing to transition to the other industries. But Ross is more than an amazing program, is a close knit community, in which I could feel myself extremely comfortable living with since my very first visit. Add that the feel of going to the Big House on a game day and you get a small glimpse of what can be a MBA at Ross.

2.Suneil Bhambri, Class of 2015
Email me

Career Focus: Marketing - General, General Management
     Geographic Region: United States: West Coast
     Citizenship: United States of America
     Undergrad: University of Utah - Marketing
     Prior Industry: Finance - Investment Banking
    Clubs/Student Organizations: Emerging Markets Club, Ross Technology Club, India Business Conference

"As soon as I visited Ross, I knew it was the perfect school and environment for me. The campus is full of energy and the Ross community is genuinely very collaborative and supportive. I am looking to switch from the Financial Services industry into the technology sector, thus I value the experience I will gain from action based learning opportunities Ross offers such as MAP. Additionally, I am passionate about the role business plays in emerging markets and have found several engaging conferences and club opportunities to further explore my interest. At Ross, the opportunities feel endless and already everything I have experienced has exceeded my high expectations of an MBA program. The culture of Ann Arbor and the tradition of Michigan sports are an amazing addition to all the other things Ross offers."

3.Chaoyen Lu, Class of 2015
Email me

Career Focus: Marketing - Consumer Goods, Marketing - General
     Geographic Region: Asia
     Citizenship: Taiwan
     Undergrad: National Chengchi University - English
     Prior Industry: Marketing - General
    Clubs/Student Organizations: Greater China Association, Emerging Markets Club, Ross Gourmet Club

"I am a liberal arts lover who jumped into the business world hoping to empower myself and eventually integrate private firms' efficiency and non-profit organizations' social good. "

4.Alison Hedquist, Class of 2015
Email me

Career Focus: Consulting, Strategic Planning
     Geographic Region: United States: East Coast, United States: Midwest
     Undergrad: Boston University - Economics, International Business
     Prior Industry: Consulting, Government
    Clubs/Student Organizations: Consulting Club, Michigan Business Women, Wine Club

"After working in consulting for 5 years after college, I knew I was ready to take the next step in my career by attending business school. During my first visit to Ross I could tell it was the perfect fit for me � the community was close knit, the people were friendly, energetic, and smart, and the outreach I received before, during and after submitting my application was unmatched by any other school. Now, two months into school I know I made one of the best decisions of my life by coming to Ross. From partying at the BUS, to socializing in the winter garden, to working on case competitions and group projects, I continue to be in awe of the amazing people at Ross and can wait to spend two more years here. GO BLUE!"

收藏 分享

Melanie Preston, Class of 2015
Email me

Career Focus: Marketing - Consumer Goods
Geographic Region: United States: East Coast
Undergrad: Haverford College - Urban Studies
Prior Industry: Marketing - General
Clubs/Student Organizations: Marketing Club, Design + Business Club, Michigan Business Women
"I went to a small liberal arts college (and loved it!) and was hoping to find the same emphasis on community and collaboration within a larger university setting in an MBA program. At Ross, I get the best of both worlds -- a tight-knit community of intelligent, diverse peers and access to unparalleled resources. In addition to acquiring fundamental marketing skills, I knew I wanted to use my time at business school to challenge myself as a leader. The number of leadership opportunities, training and support available to MBA1s is incredible. This year I will be leading the Marketing Club's NY Trek and am serving as a Director of D+B's Labs and Salons. Despite how wonderful Ross is, it wasn't easy for me as a born and breed East Coaster to venture to the Midwest. It was the humility and amiability of Ross students that played a significant role in my decision to attend and this continues to be one of things that tops my list of things I love about the program. If you can, come visit! "

Rocky Zhang, Class of 2015
Email me

Career Focus: Consulting, Entertainment/Media
Geographic Region: Canada, Asia
Citizenship: Canada
Undergrad: Shandong University - Computer Science
Prior Industry: High-Tech, Entertainment/Media
Clubs/Student Organizations: Ross Sports Business Association, Consulting Club, Ross Technology Club

"I was born and raised in China but have lived the last 12 years in Vancouver, Canada. So you can find a good mixture of Eastern and Western cultures in me. Prior to Ross I worked as a software engineer in a wide range of industries including gaming, finance, and entertainment. Ross gives me a unique opportunity to interact and grow with over 400 highly diverse, smart, and ambitious classmates, something I know will be a life-time treasure. I have played soccer for over 20 years and am in the Sports Business Association. I'm involved with the Consulting and Technology Clubs. I am more than happy to discuss anything about Ross."

Yi Yang, Class of 2015
Email me

Career Focus:
General Management
Geographic Region: United States: East Coast
Undergrad: Boston University - Finance, Marketing
Prior Industry: Finance - Investment Management
Clubs/Student Organizations: Michigan Business Women, RossMOB

"In my previous life, I was a marketing associate at a hedge fund. I chose Ross because its emphasis on action based learning. The MAP program, student run venture funds, consulting projects, and research work with professors are just a few examples of how you can get involved. Learning opportunities here are boundless. More importantly, I chose Ross because of the people. Ross is a diverse, collaborative and supportive community. Students come from diverse backgrounds, from line cook to community organizers, my classmates' unique perspectives help broaden my worldview. MTrek, section activities and recreational allow me to bond with others who have similar interests. It's been an amazing ride, and this is only the beginning. I love my experience here at Ross and hope you can join us on this journey."

Tong Huang, Class of 2014
Email me

Career Focus: High-Tech, Consulting
Geographic Region: United States: South
Undergrad: Georgia Institute of Technology - Computer Science
Prior Industry: Entrepreneurship, High-Tech
Clubs/Student Organizations: Ross Technology Club, Consulting Club, Southern Club

"Prior to Ross, I spent seven years working in IT management and leading startup companies. I decided that I wanted to gain new experiences and work with global companies to solve complex problems. I was drawn to Ross for its culture and community. And I have not been disappointed! The friends I抳e made here are what I cherish the most about my experience. Rossers are supportive, fun, very sharp, and humble. I came to business school to figure out what I wanted to do with the rest of my career. Ross has given me the key learnings, recruiting opportunities, and network to reach my goal. My favorite memories from year one has been tailgating at The Bus, my MAP experience in the UK, and unwinding at the end of every week at the RSA Happy Hour!"

Rachel Guo, Class of 2015
Email me

Career Focus: General Management, Consulting
Geographic Region: Asia, United States: Midwest
Citizenship: China
Undergrad: Shanghai Jiaotong University - Materials Science
Prior Industry: Chemicals, Marketing - General
Clubs/Student Organizations: General Management Club, Consulting Club, Greater China Association

"I did not decide to go to business school for study before July 2012 but my decision of coming to Ross turned out to be the best in my life. Prior to Ross, I was in chemical industry for years, taking responsibility from sales management to product market management, and to new business development. I looked for a school that has the total package: A world-class education, a collaborative student body, and hands on experience I can acquire would challenge me to be a future leader whose impact would not be confined to the immediate organization. Besides academic study, Ross also provides an endless number of activities to get involved, including professional clubs, case competitions, social clubs and community events. I am putting my valiant efforts and looking forward to a fulfilling two years in Ann Arbor and b. I am currently involved with General Management Club, Consulting Club and Greater China Association."

Alan Chang, Class of 2015
Email me

Career Focus: High-Tech, Marketing - General
Geographic Region: United States: West Coast
Undergrad: University of California, Berkeley - Electrical Engineering, Computer Science
Prior Industry: High-Tech
Clubs/Student Organizations: Ross Technology Club, Marketing Club, MTREK

"Prior to starting my journey at Ross, I was a software engineer in the semiconductor industry. Coming from an engineering background, I had never taken any business classes before so I wanted a strong core curriculum to build my business fundamentals. In addition, I was looking for a program with a strong high-tech focus and presence. During the application process, I decided to make the trip out to Ann Arbor to visit Ross. What immediately stood out to me was how welcoming and down-to-earth the students were. The nice college-town feel of Ann Arbor coupled with top-notch Ross facilities were an added bonus. Even though I had never lived outside the Bay Area, I knew this was a place I could call home for the next couple years. Fast-forward to now, everything I heard and thought about Ross has been true. Within the highly collaborative culture at Ross, I am surrounded by talented yet humble classmates who are always willing to go the extra distance to help each other out. I experienced action-based learning firsthand where my classmates and I somehow managed to put together a back-to-school fair in Detroit in a mere few days. On a different note, attending football games at the Big House with over 100,000 fans in attendance has been among my best memories thus far. Considering all of these factors, I am so glad to be here and am definitely looking forward to the many adventures that lie ahead. Go Blue!"

Glen Gu, Class of 2015
Email me

Career Focus: High-Tech, Consulting
Citizenship: Singapore, China
Undergrad: Nanyang Technological University, Singapore - Electrical Engineering
Prior Industry: Finance - Investment Banking, High-Tech
Clubs/Student Organizations: Greater China Association, Ross Technology Club, Consulting Club

"I grew up in China but had lived in Singapore for over 10 years. This experience made me appreciate diversity and teamwork, which are the most important reasons for me to come to Ross. The people here are extremely diverse and collaborative. You can learn from your peers and seniors every time you talk to them. The other reason I came to Ross is its strength in high-tech industry. Technology is my passion and where I want to continue my career after MBA. Had my first computer at the age of 12, I grew into an enthusiast in web technology, especially in e-commerce industry over the years. After graduated with a bachelor of engineering degree, I worked as a technology business analyst in a top-tier investment bank for 5 years and delivered multiple industry-leading applications. I believe Ross is the right place for me to gain the business and management knowledge in order to advance career in high-tech industry. "

Jianfeng Liu, Class of 2015
Email me

Career Focus: Finance - Investment Banking
Undergrad: University of Newcastle, UK - Economics
Prior Industry: Finance - Corporate
Clubs/Student Organizations: Finance Club, Poker Club, China Blue Charity Club

"Before Coming to Ross, I was a Senior Investment Manager working for one of the largest water utility companies in China. I was carrying out acquisitions for our in house M&A department. An MBA from a world class university is the prefect platform to launch my investment banking. As I studied in UK and have a BA in Economics and MSc in Finance, I was looking for an university that provides a wide range of business focuses, such as strategy and marketing, while at the same time has a strong presence on Wall Street. Before I was committed to Ross, I reached out and talked to many current students and Ross Alumni. They were all very friendly and helpful. They made my decision very easy. If you don't believe me, go ahead and try it. "

Yuan Chen, Class of 2015
Email me

Career Focus: Consulting, General Management
Undergrad: Shanghai Inst Foreign Trade - Marketing
Prior Industry: Marketing - Consumer Goods
Clubs/Student Organizations: Consulting Club, Ross Technology Club, Greater China Association

"I watched "Family album USA" when I was a kid. What I can still recall today is that the two senior generations in the family graduated from University of Michigan, grandpa from engineering school and father from medical school. They introduced U-M to the third generation son, who later also decided to attend the school. I was impressed by the scene that the three generations sang the school song, and shouted "Go Blue" together, enthusiastically. This was the first time I knew U-M. Couple of years ago when getting a MBA came into my mind, I found a school selection criteria of a Ross alumni during my school research, "I want to attend a great B-school but I dont want to join a program in which people there treat others with indifference." I was really touched by this. Ross must be a school where people do care others. Before applying, I attended all Ross events in Shanghai. I have been in love with the general management approach, the action-based learning, and the diversified student body. Ross is the program I'm looking for. More importantly, I have been really impressed by the nice and humble manner while smart and sharp mind of Ross people. This is the community I'm looking for. Go Ross! Go Blue! It's my choice!"

返回列表

站长推荐 关闭

美国top10 MBA VIP申请服务

自2003年开始提供 MBA 申请服务以来,保持着90% 以上的成功率,其中Top10 MBA服务成功率更是高达95%

查看