返回列表 发帖

[求助]T-3-Q13

T-3-Q13.

The traditional treatment of strep infections has been a seven-day course of antibiotics, either penicillin or erythromycin. However, since many patients stop taking those drugs within three days, reinfection is common in cases where these drugs are prescribed. A new antibiotic requires only a three-day course of treatment. Therefore, reinfection will probably be less common in cases where the new antibiotic is prescribed than in cases where either penicillin or erythromycin is prescribed.

Which of the following, if true, most strengthens the argument?

1. Some of people who are allergic to penicillin are likely to be allergic to the new antibiotic.

2. A course of treatment with the new antibiotic costs about the same as a course of treatment with either penicillin or erythromycin.

3. The new antibiotic has been shown to be effective in eradicating bacterial infections other than strep.

4. Some physicians have already begun to prescribe the new antibiotic instead of penicillin or erythromycin for the treatment of some strep infections

5. Regardless of whether they take a traditional antibiotic or the new one, most patients feel fully recovered after taking the drug for three days.

收藏 分享

I choose D

Mr.Eric Teng Mail: ericf.teng@hotmail.com

I can't understand why E?

Please show me the way out.

Thank you !

UP

I cannot understand as well

My choice is D, which acts as a fact to support the conclusion.

这道题的意思是,病人在吃药(不管是以前的药还是新药)后的三天,都会觉得自己好了而不继续吃药,但以前的药需要连续吃7天才能完全好,不会复发,所以以前有很多人复发。但是,这个新药在吃了三天之后病已经完全好了,所以就算病人停止服用也不会复发了。Understand?

QUOTE:
以下是引用johnsonwxjs在2007-12-22 19:29:00的发言:
这道题的意思是,病人在吃药(不管是以前的药还是新药)后的三天,都会觉得自己好了而不继续吃药,但以前的药需要连续吃7天才能完全好,不会复发,所以以前有很多人复发。但是,这个新药在吃了三天之后病已经完全好了,所以就算病人停止服用也不会复发了。Understand?

"这个新药在吃了三天之后病已经完全好了,所以就算病人停止服用也不会复发了"?

But E says: Regardless of whether they take a traditional antibiotic or the new one

that is, the drugs in the question can be either new ons or old ones. How to break this?

题是说,病人吃新药也不会2天就停了,会吃完整个疗程(3天)。如果吃了两天就停了,复发机会就不会减低。

QUOTE:
以下是引用anchorets在2007-12-23 19:03:00的发言:

But E says: Regardless of whether they take a traditional antibiotic or the new one

that is, the drugs in the question can be either new ons or old ones. How to break this?

agree.

QUOTE:

agree.

E dosen't carify which drug bring out the effect. If it is the new one, E supports the essay. But if it is the old one, E is antinomic to the essay.

I regard D as the best option.

QUOTE:

关键是人们只吃3天药,对于病人来说不在乎是新药还是旧药。

所以对于新药来说已经是一个疗程了,复发的可能小于旧药。

越说越模糊好像,意会啦~~~

返回列表

站长推荐 关闭

美国top10 MBA VIP申请服务

自2003年开始提供 MBA 申请服务以来,保持着90% 以上的成功率,其中Top10 MBA服务成功率更是高达95%

查看