Other Internship Recruiters:
PNC 3 Investment Technology Group 2 L-3 Integrated Systems 2

Percentage of internships that were paid, previous academic year
87  %

Mean internship compensation per week:
$  787

Median internship compensation per week:
$  730

In my opinion, the program's greatest strength is in its requirement for classes that force students to flex their quantitative-analytical muscles. In speaking with my friends at other universities, and especially those in economics programs, they focus on the softer aspects of the business curricula and I have found those issues largely irrelevant on the job.

Carnegie Mellon may not be as well known, but this will change over the years. Each year you can see more and more recruiters coming to campus and more and more students landing top tier jobs in all major areas. Our quantitative skills and resources are second to very, very few. Our students are very practical, resourceful, competitive, and smart. I don't think there are many other schools I would recommend over Carnegie Mellon with respect to career goals, as I know more people from Carnegie Mellon with amazing full-time jobs than students at business schools that are consistently ranked higher.

The inability for students to study ""real"" or meaty business classes until fall or even spring of junior year is sad and does an injustice to every student. And when the first round of upper level classes is completed, there are barely any left to take. The amount of breadth requirements is simply too much. I was extremely disappointed with Tepper's class offerings, course path, advising, and caliber of professors at the introductory business classes. The reputation Tepper has is most likely due to the phenomenal students that start the program. Advisers changed every year and not one took an interest in me. They only made sure I filled all the requirements to graduate.

Great recruiting services -- even though we are a technical school and I have no technical background, I've been able to find jobs in finance as well as consulting. Also, there's a lot to get involved in in terms of business organizations and such, and they give a lot of responsibility to students so it's really easy to make a difference. Also, the undergraduate business school is small so it's easy to build a relationship with professors and other students, and even someone like the Executive Director of the Program. That to me is one of the greatest things about Tepper.

I feel they put a lot of emphasis in doing things outside of the classrooms. There is always an opportunity to join a business-related club, do a case competition, etc. I also feel that there are a plethora of resources when it comes to career services whether it be resume building skills to networking nights specifically held. If you want to work on your extracurricular activities or your job search, you definitely can at Tepper.

There was a high turnover in undergraduate business advisors in the past 3.5 years that I've been with the program which creates consistency issues.

The Marketing program is horrible and there has just been some effort made to build that program. Overall there are barely any marketing classes offered each semester and they're all very basic. Also due to the high quality of breadth courses that we have to take, we are not able to get into much marketing until second half of junior year/senior year. It would be nice to be able to take Marketing classes early on.

Tepper is very quantitative -- so much so that I find it neglects other important areas of business -- but I think it is unique in this aspect.

What makes Tepper students unique is that they are often heavily involved in campus extracurricular. Carnegie Mellon itself has a very entrepreneurial spirit, and a huge part of that is driven by the organizations and event that Tepper students plan and execute. For example, I helped start a fundraiser that is now the largest annual student run event in the history of Pittsburgh.

The school makes no effort to help marketing majors get jobs, finance majors have multiple companies fighting over them and giving them interviews

Very rigorous academia along with small class size (80 per graduating class). Great alums and networking and individual focus to prepare us for the real world. Basically the academic quality of Stern, Ross, and even Wharton but with a even small size and thus more room for growth and attention.

It's proximity to other excellent non-business programs that are top-notch, and the ability to collaborate with those other programs-- computer science, engineering, drama, etc

返回列表

站长推荐 关闭

美国top10 MBA VIP申请服务

自2003年开始提供 MBA 申请服务以来,保持着90% 以上的成功率,其中Top10 MBA服务成功率更是高达95%

查看