Philip Morris

Credit Suisse Group

Deutsche Bank AG

Other Internship Recruiters:
Liberty Mutual Fidelity TJX Jefferies Raytheon Macy's EMC

Percentage of internships that were paid, previous academic year
40  %

Average internship, in weeks:

All of the mentoring programs are fantastic and readily available- resume writing, interview preparation, intership and job search. Also the number of group projects has well prepared us for working efficiently in teams in the work place.

Because it is a liberal arts school, we are constantly urged to go outside the business school barriers and to explore other majors and minors in addition to the business major. I am proud to be in the business school at Boston College because it has become much more challenging to be accepted into the program. Also because our school is so focused on liberal arts, I find many students outside of the business school taking beginning business courses, which adds to the diversity of the students in class.

Boston College, as a Jesuit University, instills Jesuit values in its business program. There is a course specifically called 'Ethics' which is required of all freshman in the program, and all business courses have underlying themes of ethical business management.

Boston College's Carroll School of Management combines academic rigor, social values, and practical teaching to provide students with a unique experience. No TA ever teachers a business course, and the business program is continuously feeding students with job leads in addition to those provided through the university career center and professors themselves. Unlike other programs I am familiar with, BC teaches the importance of teamwork without fostering cut-throat competition. Professors are not there for research, but to help students develop into intelligent business leaders as well as mature and responsible adults.

For the quality of education, BC is way too expensive and not worth it. The professors I'm sure mean well, but there are way too many students and do not have enough time to care about any of them.

Great business core, although I'll be real and say that marketing is a waste of time, but I suppose you at least get exposure to it. The accounting professors have been amazing and all have experience as well as continuing research with leading firms.

We're not Harvard, nor do we want to be. BC offers a place to learn how business is done in real life, with the type of people you will interact with on a daily basis in the workforce. Its not all books and case studies, its good teachers and strong students. We also have ACC sports teams, and the greatest college city in the world. Not too bad.

While I do believe BC has room to improve, I think it is even more important to note the strides it has made thus far, and its long-term commitment to developing its program.

It is a very competitive program. My peers are all very smart. Professors know how capable each student is so everyone is taught to perform at a high level. Competition drives everyone to step it up a notch every week as classes go along. In my past internships I've been told how much I know and how well I perform against my peers.

'Our accounting program is challenging but outstanding at the same time. It offers very accomplished teachers who push you to learn. Accounting firms know that BC trains their accounting students vigorously, and this was reflected in the internship and job recruiting processes during my Junior and Senior years. I truly feel like I have received a to notch education in the field I am entering into.

Our business program is unique because of the abundance of networking opportunities. There is a huge alumni base in the Boston area and they are really eager to hire more BC students/alumni at many of the major businesses in the area.

Through searching for internships three summers in a row, I have found that graduates from CSOM are exceedingly willing to help current BC students in their search for a job. I do not believe I would have had the same success in my job search had it not been for the willingness of alumni to go out of their way to help me. I was able to network with individuals that I would not have been able to otherwise, and this was extremely fruitful for me.

ths

赞!
offer offer 砸死我~

返回列表

站长推荐 关闭

美国top10 MBA VIP申请服务

自2003年开始提供 MBA 申请服务以来,保持着90% 以上的成功率,其中Top10 MBA服务成功率更是高达95%

查看