返回列表 发帖

gwd-6-26

Q26:

Tourists have long complained that hotel accommodations in Midville are too expensive.  Starting last year, the city council, hoping to attract more tourists, lowered the hotel tax rate to 5 percent of room charges.  By the end of last year, Midville had taken in no less money from hotel taxes than it did the year before, so an examination of the hotel records will show that more tourists stayed in city hotels last year than the year before.

Which of the following is an assumption on which the argument depends?

1. The tourists who stayed in Midville hotels last year were aware that the hotel tax rate had been lowered.

2. The average price of hotel accommodations in Midville was not significantly higher than in hotels in other cities either last year or the year before.

3. The average length of a tourist’s stay in Midville hotels was not longer last year than it had been the year before.

4. There were significantly more efforts to publicize Midville as a tourist destination last year than there had been the year before.

5. On average, tourists in Midville did not spend significantly more on meals last year than they did on hotels accommodations.

选的时候就在犹豫B和C哪个对,结果还是选B选错了

为什么不可以呢?要价格没有变高,才会人数增加呀,不然不就可能减少了?

收藏 分享

我觉得B不对是在于"not significantly higher than "说的很含糊, 是高还是高很多.高多少不知道. 反正是高了.

按文章来看应该是不高或低于去年的.

可以参见og里面一个计算住院率和占床率的问题

这道题主要是收入的上涨和在旅馆住宿的人数之间的关系

因为hotel的价格一般是按照每晚每房收取的,那么如果只有一个人把房间一直包了下来,那么虽然收入是不变的,但是住在宾馆的人数并没有增加

以上

我觉得这个题目的B也应该是assumption的一个,税收收入完全不变如果以下等式成立:房价低,高税率=低税但房价涨

I think the key is in other cities either last year or the year before,

so B is out of scope ( because we don't have to compare M with other cities

This is what I have thought,  and I am not sure.

返回列表

站长推荐 关闭

美国top10 MBA VIP申请服务

自2003年开始提供 MBA 申请服务以来,保持着90% 以上的成功率,其中Top10 MBA服务成功率更是高达95%

查看