返回列表 发帖

费费23,不明白啊

23. On a certain day, nine scheduled flights on Swift Airlines were canceled. Ordinarily, a cancellation is due to mechanical problems with the airplane scheduled for a certain flight. However, since it is unlikely that Swift would have the mechanical problems with more than one or two scheduled flights on a single day, some of the nine cancellations were probably due to something else.

The argument depends on which one of the following assumptions?

A.        More than one or two airplanes were scheduled for the nine canceled flights.

B.        Swift Airlines has fewer mechanical problems than do other airlines of the same size.

C.        Each of the canceled flights would have been longer than the average flight on Swift Airlines.

D.       Swift Airlines had never before canceled more than one or two scheduled flights on a single day.

E.        All of the airplanes scheduled for the canceled flights are based at the same airport.

这题选A,为什么啊?请赐教啊~

收藏 分享

my two cents:

From the passage"Ordinarily, a cancellation is due to mechanical problems

with the airplane scheduled for a certain flight. However, since it is

unlikely that Swift would have the mechanical problems with more than one or

two scheduled flights on a single day"

a cancellation -> mechanical problems with an airplan for a flight, To answer

"why there are 9 cancellation", the author assumed there should be more than

one or two scheduled flights have mechanical problems.

Does it help?

你的意思是说因为航班有问题只可能是飞行的那一台飞机除了问题,所以九个航班都出了问题,不可能是因为九个航班都计划被那一台有问题的飞机飞,所以多于一台飞机有问题,是这个意思么?

另外题目中这句话有什么作用啊,想告诉我什么呢However, since it is unlikely that Swift would have the mechanical problems with more than one or two scheduled flights on a single day。

谢谢!

nine scheduled flights of Swift Airlines cancelled in one day.

Ordinarily, a cancellation is due to mechanical problems with the airplane scheduled for a certain flight.

However it is unlikely that there are more than one or two scheduled flights have mechanical problem in the same day for Swift Aireline. (due to there are 9 cancellation in the same day)

threfore there might be other causes .

I think from that sentence, I can tell author assumed that there are more than one or two flight scheduled for the 9 cancellation flight. I am not sure whether it is clear. Sorry, not a NN..

Actually, I am not a N person. This is just how I think,

把scheduled flights和airplanes分开对待

一个airplane可能准备了好几个scheduled flights

题目意思:现在9个flights取消了,而不可能同时一台或两台以上的airplanes出现问题,所以必然存在其他问题~~

前提是:准备这9个flights的airplanes肯定超过一台或两台~~~

完毕,欢迎指正

谢谢楼主,我想作者这句话“However, since it is unlikely that Swift would have the mechanical problems with more than one or two scheduled flights on a single day”有点误导,是不是应该理解为 在同一天,swift不可能有超过1个或者2个飞机(是航班,其实也是暗指飞机,因为1-2个航班就是指代1或者2个飞机,不可能是3个 哈哈)有机械故障。

如果真的9个航班都是因为1-2架飞机出现机械故障导致的,那么作者的“some of the nine cancellations were probably due to something else” 就不成立了。

这么想好像差不多想清楚了

返回列表

站长推荐 关闭

美国top10 MBA VIP申请服务

自2003年开始提供 MBA 申请服务以来,保持着90% 以上的成功率,其中Top10 MBA服务成功率更是高达95%

查看