Arnold Worldwide Hill Holiday Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Percentage of internships that were paid, previous academic year
61  %

Mean internship compensation per week:
$  606

Median internship compensation per week:
$  480

Average internship, in weeks:

I would recommend SMG to anyone looking for a challenging business school to attend. The students are so motivated, the professors are passionate about what they teach, and we never have TA's teaching classes. Also you can easily intern at reputable companies during the school year because of the close proximity to downtown Boston.

Access to and quality of the professors. Even if a professor's lecture skills aren't fantastic, I have always been able to make a connection with my professors via e-mail, after class discussions, or office hours. I have never felt that a professor does not care about his/her students or that he/she is too busy for me. In addition, the very fact that all courses, even at the 100 level, are completely taught by professors is a huge benefit. All grading, lectures, labs, etc. are taught by your professor. The professors' availability has also resulted in great long-term contacts and professional advice. Before I go to any career services or academic advising, I turn to a group of professors that I have become close to over the years and use them as mentors.

Being in Boston is a huge advantage; location is extremely important. Being in Boston, allowed me to create a strong network with finance professionals because I am close enough to actually meet with them face-to-face. Additionally, I received an internship at a top-tier venture capital fund for a large part because Boston is a hub of private equity and venture capital funds. I feel that if I weren't in Boston, I would've missed out on a lot of these opportunities.

I think BU gets hurt by the tension between the faculty and students. BU students feel like the faculty are against them in some programs or classes because it's so competitive. They then rank the faculty low because of this. Penn State, Bentley, and Northeastern kids are ranking their faculty high because they're all graduation with high marks; however, their high marks in no way indicate that they are smarter than BU students. BU students may not graduate feeling like they love every faculty member or that they enjoyed their time at BU, but the education they got was top-notch. But then again, maybe the student-life aspect is important; it depends on what you look for in a school.

The administrative services are terrible.

Mostly good, very challenging at times, but once students know what they like to do and feel their future lies in a certain major(s), people usually start to perform better. Grades are very hard to get in this school and BU makes students sweat tremendously for good scores. Grade deflation although not mentioned is definitely present.

The only weakness Boston University has is the General Studies program which seems to be a loophole for some students to bypass two hard years of study in a weaker program. Otherwise, I am often surprised to see Boston University (and the school of management) with a lower ranking than it deserves. I truly believe that SMG supplies a top tier education with top tier educators in a friendly work environment that is conducive to learning and to my future job.

Its heavy emphasis on team based learning in every class in the School of Management. The curriculum is tailored to each class but it is still very cohesive with the school's goals for learning. Too much teamwork. Some teams are beneficial, but SMG takes it past the point of being helpful.

The most unique aspect of SMG is the cross functional core curriculum that school of management students take their Junior year. You take 4 classes that all interrelate and you develop a product and business plan with your team throughout the semester that integrates the 4 functions of marketing, OM, Finance, and Information Systems.

Our CORE program- where students spend the entire semester working in a group of around 8 students to develop a product and compose a business plan to present to venture capitalists. Its a hypothetical situation of course, but it provides real world experience with numbers and learning about how many start up companies function.

Not enough concentrations available Also upper level classes aren't as interesting as other business schools.

At many times, curriculum is too heavily based on practicality- ie method instead of theory. Getting graduating students careers is obviously important for BU as they stress it continuously. Some teachers are not fit to be heads of the classroom as they have absolutely no experience with or insight on the subjects they teach. But many are the exact opposite.
,br> Our career services has developed significantly over the last two years. Despite the current economic situation, most of my friends are still getting offers and interviews. Many of my friends in finance and accounting have already accepted offers. Recruiters from countless fortune 500 firms are recognizing the true value of Boston University students and are definitely hiring more aggressively on our campus.

返回列表

站长推荐 关闭

美国top10 MBA VIP申请服务

自2003年开始提供 MBA 申请服务以来,保持着90% 以上的成功率,其中Top10 MBA服务成功率更是高达95%

查看