返回列表 发帖
CAREER SERVICES
Percent of 2009 graduates who provided employment information:
97  %

Seeking full-time employment in business: 77  %
Not seeking full-time employment in business: 23  %

Number of companies recruiting undergraduate students on campus in previous academic year:

Companies posting full-time job offers on school job boards, previous academic year:

Career services provided for business majors:
In person and virtual career advising, job/internship postings, on-campus interviews, MBA coaches, alumni mentors, alumni database mining, "Career Leader" assessment, career treks to major cities, company visits, employer panels, career workshops, mock interviews, career fairs, business research, resume reviews, “Ace the Case” and modeling workshops, case based seminar series, Training the Street seminar, recruiter-in-residence program, employer meet & greets, employer resume critiques, industry network events, career prep series, employer shadowing programs

Job offer results, 2009 graduates:

Received first job offer by graduation: 67  %
Received first job offer in three months following graduation: 17  %
Received first job offer more than 3 months after graduation: 11  %
Did not report having received a job offer: 5  %
Accepted first job offer by graduation: 66  %
Accepted first job offer in three months following graduation: 18  %
Accepted first job offer more than 3 months after graduation: 11  %
Did not report having accepted a job offer: 5  %

Top hiring firms:

PricewaterhouseCoopers

Deloitte Touche Tomatsu

JPMorgan Chase & Co.

Wells Fargo

Ernst & Young

Bank of America Corp.

Citigroup Inc.

Goldman Sachs Group

Other Hiring Firms:

CIT Group
Emory University
Teach for America
A.T. Kearney
Aon Consulting
BDO Seidman
BlackRock

Graduate compensation:

Mean base salary: $  52
Median base salary: $  53
Mean signing bonus: $  6
Median signing bonus: $  5
Mean other guaranteed compensation: $  0
Median other guaranteed compensation: $  0

Grads accepted jobs in following functional areas:

Consulting: 11  %
Finance/Accounting: 50  %
General Management: 10  %
Human Resources: 2  %
Management Information Systems: 2  %
Marketing/Sales: 16  %
Operations/Production: 4  %
Logistics/Transportation: 0  %
Other: 5  %

Grads accepted jobs in following industries:

Accounting: 12  %
Consumer Products/Retail: 8  %
Consulting Services: 12  %
Financial Services: 36  %
Government/Education: 5  %
Pharma/Biotech/Health: 3  %
Manufacturing: 0  %
Media/Entertainment: 7  %
Petroleum/Energy: 1  %
Real Estate: 3  %
Sports/Leisure: 3  %
Technology/Science: 6  %
Non-Profit: 1  %
Transportation: 1  %
Utilities: 1  %
Other: 1  %

Percentage of job acceptances, US and Canada:

US: 100  %

Grads accepted jobs in the following US regions:

Northeast: 36  %
Mid-Atlantic: 5  %
Midwest: 3  %
South: 48  %
Southwest: 5  %
West: 3  %
US Possessions/Territories: 0  %

INTERNSHIPS
Number of companies recruiting interns on-campus, 2008-09 academic year:

Companies posting internships on job boards, previous academic year:

Top internship recruiters, 2008-09:

PricewaterhouseCoopers

Deloitte Touche Tomatsu

Morgan Stanley

Target Corp.

Barclays Bank PLC

KPMG LLP

Coca Cola Co.

UBS

Goldman Sachs Group

JPMorgan Chase & Co.

Mercer Consulting

Ernst & Young

Other Internship Recruiters:
(r)evolution 2 Aon Consulting 2 Macy's 2

Percentage of internships that were paid, previous academic year
80  %

Mean internship compensation per week:
$  674

Median internship compensation per week:
$  640

Average internship, in weeks:

Unlike classes I have sat in on at other Universities, Goizueta's classes are the perfect number of students, stress participation and group discussion, and give students the opportunity to ask questions, both pertinent to the topics in the textbook, as well as any questions the stray outside the realm of the syllabus. Teachers are extremely approachable, the Career Management Center is devoted to their students success both academically and professionally, and the facilities offer a small, community feel that aids in students becoming comfortable with themselves and each other in the classroom.

Too much emphasis on finance/banking (i.e. working on Wall St.). Grading curve is extremely harsh (especially for core requirements). Outstanding facilities and faculty.

The small size, the strong University, the amazing facilities, the job connections in (booming) Atlanta and the whole East Coast

The quality of the teaching, students and facilities at Goizueta are second to none. What really makes the school stand out though is the way it incorporates ethics and sustainability into its curriculum. Goizueta professors stress doing business the right way, and this has greatly impacted my outlook on life and business in general.

Student quality is mixed, have had some brilliant peers but many who were less than impressive.

The class size and Emory's location and atmosphere makes for a unique learning environment. It is school in the south with kids from the north. This provides a juxtaposition that cannot be offered elsewhere. Concerned professors and very hard working students make for a competitive learning environment.

Excellent on most business areas. Severely lacking in quantitative preparation. Finance program barely touches on financial modeling, theoretical pricing and other important quant-based analysis.

Most premier business programs are incredibly intense and competitive, to an unhealthy extent. I have so many friends at other programs like Wharton and Stern who are in incredible competition, sometimes to a nasty level, with other students. At Goizueta, I find our program to be unique because we are a premier program with top-notch teachers and academic rigor, but we also are friendly with our classmates. We have a laid-back enough atmosphere where the program is enjoyable, while also challenging. For a top 10 program, this is a unique balance.

The professors take an active interest in your success. They want to make sure you are well equipped to handle any situation you encounter after graduation. The business school makes sure students are well-spoken and well-written. There are required presentation courses so students know how to effectively represent themselves and their subject matter.

Strong alumni support and network. The alumni truly care about the students and Goizueta.

Career center and school in general struggle with relationships with global finance players (big banks) and placement outside the South East.

My only issue with the program is that in light of the financial crisis, there have been notable cuts in budget, leading to some good classes and professors being cancelled or moved. Specifically, the ethics course I took last year (with a phenomenal professor Bradley Killaly) was cancelled this year, and the well recognized professor for my Leading and Managing Change class took a position at another school, leaving my class with an adjunct prof

The emphasis on groupwork helps to build relationships between classmates inside and outside of school. In addition, the school's strong relationships with companies such as Coca-Cola has helped us gain access to executives that have taught us many valuable lessons through their personal experience.

The red tape of the administration is a real bother sometimes. The advising I received was mediocre at best, and if the student isn't on top of things it's very easy to make enrollment mistakes. All in all, I'm not impressed with the administration here.

There's no slacking off. You can either be at the front of the curve or pushing other people up it. We all work extremely hard to compete with each other and also have opportunities to work together on teams. Overall, it is very, very competitive

返回列表

站长推荐 关闭

美国top10 MBA VIP申请服务

自2003年开始提供 MBA 申请服务以来,保持着90% 以上的成功率,其中Top10 MBA服务成功率更是高达95%

查看