Board logo

标题: [讨论]how detail the essay should be [打印本页]

作者: newbeely    时间: 2005-10-19 14:12     标题: [讨论]how detail the essay should be

yesterday, I met two mba students--chinese, and asked them to share me some tips of their essay. they told me, you must tell them a or some story with your essay. you need to retell the story as detail as you can.

but when I write my essay, sometime I cannot figure out how detail it should be. to me, I think partly it depends on the words limit. who can give me some comments?

btw, how detail the adm com expect?

作者: crossmoon    时间: 2005-10-19 16:04

please first write as much imformation and details as possible;

then reduce the words which are unneccessay, to meet the word limit.

作者: zieily    时间: 2005-10-20 09:35

i agree with you that it depends on the word limit. For example, if you need to describe a situation about how you work with a team. Then maybe a little bit background of the team, the difficulty you faced, what actions u took, why you took them(I believe this is key), whether the actions were helpful, what improvement u made, etc. Try to use less general descriptions.

作者: wuliao98    时间: 2005-10-20 16:59

我在写一些essay时候,基本上和你说的这些points差不多,每个point一句话。

作者: newbeely    时间: 2005-10-21 10:00

I catch your point.

so that means, some programs don't expect more details, if they ask me to write an essay within 500 words, including why mba, why this one, your goal and development, your contribution. right.

作者: Errirtly    时间: 2005-10-21 10:11

yeah, probably you cannot write everything in details.

欢迎光临 国际顶尖MBA申请交流平台--TOPWAY MBA (http://forum.topway.org/) Powered by Discuz! 7.2