Board logo

标题: PREP 2007 CR1 第24题 [打印本页]

作者: sabineceng    时间: 2013-5-3 08:30     标题: PREP 2007 CR1 第24题

Tiger beetles are suchfast runners that they can capture virtually any nonflying insect.  However, when running toward an insect, thebeetles intermittently stop, and then, a moment later, resume theirattack.  erhaps they cannot maintaintheir pace and must pause for a moment's rest; but an alternative hypothesis isthat while running tiger beetles are unable to process the resulting rapidlychanging visual information, and so quickly go blind and stop.

Which of thefollowing, if discovered in experiments using artificially moved prey insects,would support one of the two hypotheses and undermine the other?

(A) When a prey insectis moved directly toward a beetle that has been chasing it, the beetleimmediately turns and runs away without its usual intermittent stopping.

(B) In pursuing amoving insect, the beetles usually respond immediately to changes in theinsect's direction, and pause equally frequently whether the chase is up ordown an incline.

(C) The beetlesmaintain a fixed time interval between pauses, although when an insect that hadbeen stationary begins to flee, the beetle increases its speed after its nextpause.

(D) If, when a beetlepauses, it has not gained on the insect it is pursuing, the beetle generallyends its pursuit.

(E) When an obstacleis suddenly introduced just in front of running beetles, the beetles sometimesstop immediately, but they never respond by running around the barrier.

答案C

提问:

为什么不是E

(1)C中提到beetle会有停顿(和题干中一样),beetle追一个从静止突然逃跑的虫会加速。并没有和原来的情况有什么不一样。为什么对?

(2)E中,面对突然加入的障碍物,奔跑中的beetle:会立刻stop,说明视力好(反对); 不会绕开障碍物,说明步伐调不过来确实不行(支持)。这个选项应该对。

作者: dreamlollip    时间: 2013-5-3 19:05

I never fully understand this question. Too complicated. Maybe a double major in physics and biology can help you out.

If you fail to solve this question, move on. I doubt GMAC will have another similiar, perplexing question in its data bank.
作者: STshadow    时间: 2013-5-4 09:36

Me 2. 我也认为这题颇有争议,关键在于题中的定义本身就不够明确。
作者: sabineceng    时间: 2013-5-5 07:38

对二位尽心尽力的解答感激不尽
作者: fantasy1989    时间: 2013-5-6 06:20

E选项没有加强“体力不行”这个因素吧,只是消弱了“视力不行”,they never respond by running around the barrier并不代表体力不行

欢迎光临 国际顶尖MBA申请交流平台--TOPWAY MBA (http://forum.topway.org/) Powered by Discuz! 7.2