Board logo

标题: 求助!!!Walrmat, Mindray, ICG Procurian 哪一个offer对申请MBA有帮助 [打印本页]

作者: songxueer    时间: 2013-3-31 09:35     标题: 求助!!!Walrmat, Mindray, ICG Procurian 哪一个offer对申请MBA有帮助

打算今年秋天开始申请MBA,目前正在做GMAT准备。近期有一些头疼的问题,关于职业的。 想跟大家求教一下:
先简单描述一下个人状况:
国内某211/985/TOP50(惭愧阿)大学小硕毕业,之前在一家美国公司从事sourcing4.5年。
现在在walmart global sourcing作process&procedure consultant工作,已有三月。现在的这个consultant
比较偏重于CSR方面,与我第一份工作的sourcing经验相关性不高。
这两天手上拿到两个offer,简单介绍和分析如下:
Mindray (迈瑞)- sourcing
S:与第一份工作完全正相关;公司给的职级较高;公司在行业内发展很迅速,已经晋升为国内第一的医疗器械制造公司并在国外积极扩张,与Tencent情况相似;平台也还不错;本人个方面素质还凑合,面试时感觉很受老板喜欢,在mindray也应该会有不错的前景;
W:民企阿,在国际上名气还是不够响亮。

ICG Procurian:
一家美国小公司,专注于sourcing的consultant company. 为一些客户提供专业的souricng咨询和服务。具体的我也不是很了解,刚刚开始接触。

我本人目前的规划是:读了MBA之后在咨询公司从事SC方面的service.

请大家帮忙,这三个公司和工作,哪一个放在简历上对申请MBA比较有帮助? 如果我现在从walmart离职,选择哪一个公司会对MBA申请更好?又或者大家建议根本不需要换就继续留在walmart?

谢谢大家阿!!!如果我发错了地方,麻烦斑竹帮我转一下哈,谢谢啦!
作者: howie0420    时间: 2013-4-1 06:47

It's a good question you ask, and I understand that you want to make sure you choose the best possible choice for your MBA applications further on. But my advice to you: ignore the MBA when you make your job choice? Instead think about 1. What job is better for you and your life 2. what job is better for your career 3. pay, compensation, etc. Why do I say this? Because right now you seem to have three good options. I can't tell you what is right for your life, only YOU can do that, but I can tell you that one or the other won't make the big difference. What will make the difference is what you do, how much you succeed, how hard you work. I find in my many years of helping folks apply that almost any sort of career path can be explained in an essay with good writing, so my advice to you: choose your job based on the JOB, not on the MBA.
Hope this helps!!!!!
作者: songxueer    时间: 2013-4-1 21:30

Thanks so much to your advice!  Your words scintillated me.

I am wondering are you a Chinese or an alien? Looks like you can

read Chinese very well.
作者: faring56    时间: 2013-4-2 06:53

lz 我和你背景很像 我也是在一个大型美企做SC的analyst . 我觉得在这三个选项里面 如果薪水高低差的非常多,选薪水最高的。如果差的不错 选 bigname。
作者: songxueer    时间: 2013-4-2 19:09

你说的有道理。我之前觉得bigname会对申请学校有比较大的帮助。
作者: momiji0626    时间: 2013-4-7 11:42

同意楼上 walmart更有利于你的申请

当然big name有利也有弊,如何做好大机器上的一颗螺丝钉,也是很关键的
作者: wyw1018    时间: 2013-4-7 20:34

Well, there is lots of stuff you can do. Basically what you

want to do is show the school any improvement from the time you

applied. This could be anything. If you got a promotion, or more

leads, or more responsibilities, or are doing more volunteer

work. Of course, the best thing would be if you could come back

at them with a higher TOEFL and/or GMAT. That might convince them

to take you on!

欢迎光临 国际顶尖MBA申请交流平台--TOPWAY MBA (http://forum.topway.org/) Powered by Discuz! 7.2