Board logo

标题: 求大神们帮忙定位! [打印本页]

作者: hollyyao    时间: 2013-3-1 21:19     标题: 求大神们帮忙定位!

本人top50大学本科大四工程系。GPA3.7+, GMAT750+6,推荐信两封,一封是我实习美林投资银行的AVP,跟我朝夕相处6个月(大老板managing-director也答应写,但是怕写的不够具体,没敢搞),一封是我学校的教授,总共4个实习,一个在美林的6个月做middle office,一个是学校里的start-up帮朋友忙,不是co-founder,一个在政府投资部门做过一段时间,最后在国内的非常好的consulting里面做过,中介推荐我申请mba哈佛2+2,耶鲁SOM等给大学本科学生的MBA。不知道可能性有多大,master申请哥大和NYU的marketing,这两个专业能否保底~申请又需要注意些什么呢?
作者: hollyyao    时间: 2013-3-2 21:51

主要现在看到别人的经历,感觉自己还不太够,我开始申请比较晚,这边

为了申请考G,上学期没去找工作,心里担心怕opportunity cost太高
作者: xiangyu4255    时间: 2013-3-3 08:51

为什么本科一毕业就要去读MBA?
作者: hollyyao    时间: 2013-3-3 20:22

自己真心想去management consulting,但是目前资历不太够~
作者: nokidding    时间: 2013-3-4 06:59

MBA一般要求是3年+的经验。。。0-2年的除非你特别优秀特别出色。。。嗯。。。
另外。。。MC应届生也是招的。。。只是要碰运气。。。btw。。。不靠谱小道消息。。。如果是理工科被MBB啥的招的可能性会比一般的大些。。。
作者: faring56    时间: 2013-3-4 20:41

Wow!!! very nice GPA and super test scores!!! I am totally impressed! Okay, so you are at the stage where you have very little experience but a great basis. Now first of all realize that most regular MBA programs are designed for people with 3+ years of experience. So option 1 for you would be to work for two more years and THEN apply. And to be honest with you dude, it's really not a bad option. (even if you feel rushed). I mean you have an a amazing basis for your scores, and that will remain the same. With two more years experience, you will also (I feel personally) get a LOT more out of your education. So if you slow down a bit, I think this might be a great choice.

Your other option (as this consulting company pointed out) would be to do one of the specific MBA programs designed for people with little/no experience, fo which there are basically three worthwhile ones - HBS 2+2, Yale Silver Scholars, and Stanford Deferred... I think your profile is so good that you don't need safe schools. You should be aiming for the top or nothing. If you don't get into a top program, it's better for you to wait two years and apply to a regular MBA.

Which in all honesty, might be a better idea anyhow, cause you'll be older, more mature, more experienced, and you'll probably get a  lot more out of it.

Hope this helps!!!
作者: hollyyao    时间: 2013-3-5 07:05

Thanks a lot for your suggestions. Actually I have some master program in my list. My agent suggested me to try some really high rank schools, such as Harvard or Stanford. I am confused that if I am qualified to go there. For those schools, they do have option to defer my application. or have some programs designed specially for senior undergraduates. I need your advices.
作者: faring56    时间: 2013-3-6 06:58

You mean, you have Masters programs which are NOT MBAs??? Well, that is entirely up to you, but the single mod important thing is to make the right decision - meaning, don't just apply because you can get in, but apply where you want to because it can provide you with what you want. Now, I don;t know at this point yet, if you will get into Stanford, but I think your profile is good enough that you should try - You should definitely not be accepting anything less than admission to a top program.
作者: hollyyao    时间: 2013-3-6 21:23

Thanks a lot for all the suggestions. Yes, I do know my career

goal is to do PE/VC in China. I understand I need experience either

from IBD or consulting. That's why I want a Master/MBA degree. I am

trained in engineering, I need systematic business training. Hence,

I chose some master programs. Of course, HBS, Stanford, Yale will

be my top choices. Here, I think I need some help for my resume and

essay.

欢迎光临 国际顶尖MBA申请交流平台--TOPWAY MBA (http://forum.topway.org/) Powered by Discuz! 7.2