Board logo

标题: 【求助】新PREP2-107 [打印本页]

作者: zhanghappy    时间: 2012-1-30 12:02     标题: 【求助】新PREP2-107

Twenty years ago, Balzania put in place regulations requiring operators of surface mines to pay for the reclamation of mined-out land.Since then, reclamation technology has not improved.Yet, the average reclamation cost for a surface coal mine being reclaimed today is only four dollars per ton of coal that the mine produced, less than half what it cost to reclaim surface mines in the years immediately after the regulations took effect.

Which of the following, if true, most helps to account for the drop in reclamation costs described?

A. Even after Balzania began requiring surface mine operators to pay reclamation costs, coal mines in Balzania continued to be less expensive to operate than coal mines in almost any other country.

B. In the twenty years since the regulations took effect, the use of coal as a fuel has declined from the level it was at in the previous twenty years.

C. Mine operators have generally ceased surface mining in the mountainous areas of Balzania because reclamation costs per ton of coal produced are particularly high for mines in such areas.

D. Even after Balzania began requiring surface mine operators to pay reclamation costs, surface mines continued to produce coal at a lower total cost than underground mines.

E. As compared to twenty years ago, a greater percentage of the coal mined in Balzania today comes from surface mines.

题目是什么意思?可有NN翻译一下。

作者: Benite    时间: 2012-1-31 13:26

107.      (GWD-TN-12,T-4-Q2)

Twenty years ago, Balzania put in place regulations requiring operators of surface mines to pay for the reclamation of mined-out land.  Since then, reclamation technology has not improved.  Yet, the average reclamation cost for a surface coal mine being reclaimed today is only four dollars per ton of coal that the mine produced, less than half what it cost to reclaim surface mines in the years immediately after the regulations took effect.
20年前,B出台一个法规,要求采集表面煤矿的支付Reclamation of mined-out land。
自从那个时候,R的技术就没有改进。
但是,平均R的成本现在只要4刀每吨煤矿产生的C,少于一半当时政策刚开始实行的时候。
Which of the following, if true, most helps to account for the drop in reclamation costs described?
A. Even after Balzania began requiring surface mine operators to pay reclamation costs, coal mines in Balzania continued to be less expensive to operate than coal mines in almost any other country.与其他国家无关
B. In the twenty years since the regulations took effect, the use of coal as a fuel has declined from the level it was at in the previous twenty years. C作为燃料的使用下降无关。
C. Mine operators have generally ceased surface mining in the mountainous areas of Balzania because reclamation costs per ton of coal produced are particularly high for mines in such areas.不再在贵的地方采集了,成本就下降了咯。
D. Even after Balzania began requiring surface mine operators to pay reclamation costs, surface mines continued to produce coal at a lower total cost than underground mines.无关比较
E. As compared to twenty years ago, a greater percentage of the coal mined in Balzania today comes from surface mines.

这个是我之前做这道题目之后做的总结

虽然也不是很懂题目的意思...

等NN来~
作者: joliegu    时间: 2012-2-1 07:17

C

不在山上开采了,因为开垦的成本比较高
作者: tulip37    时间: 2012-2-1 20:51

NN,攒点人品,提供点想法

A.Even after Balzania began requiring surface mine operators to pay reclamation costs, coal mines in Balzania continued to be less expensive to operate than coal mines in almost any other country. (其他国家,无关比较)

B.In the twenty years since the regulations took effect, the use of coal as a fuel has declined from the level it was at in the previous twenty years. (作为fuel减少不代表作为其他用途没有增加,除非没有更好的答案再选它)

C.Mine operators have generally ceased surface mining in the mountainous areas of Balzania because reclamation costs per ton of coal produced are particularly high for mines in such areas. (不在贵的地方开垦,成本自然没提高;比B好的原因是它没有限制条件,选它)

D.Even after Balzania began requiring surface mine operators to pay reclamation costs, surface mines continued to produce coal at a lower total cost than underground mines. (其他mines,无关比较)

E.As compared to twenty years ago, a greater percentage of the coal mined in Balzania today comes from surface mines. (没说到costs,无关)

作者: interlove11    时间: 2012-2-3 21:18

我第一次做也是选C,我心里当时的逻辑是因为high reclamation cost使得很多mine operators停产了,会严重影响本区域的经济,所以为了吸引他们回来,政府将Lower the reclamation cos
作者: yuchendawn    时间: 2012-2-5 07:59

不知道对不对,觉得本题的关键应该在于average costs
c 选项说reclamation costs per ton在mountainous areas很贵所以停止了在这得开采 举个例子:假如说在别的地方开采的reclamation costs是每吨2块 mountainous是5块 那么平均一共是3.5,如果停止mountainous地区的开采平均的reclamation cost只有2块,那么停止mountainous地区的开采,必然降低reclamation average costs。
至于b选项即使总量的下降,但是reclamation costs的总量也可能同时下降,那么平均的reclamation costs就可能不变

欢迎光临 国际顶尖MBA申请交流平台--TOPWAY MBA (http://forum.topway.org/) Powered by Discuz! 7.2