Board logo

标题: 大全-B-8 [打印本页]

作者: Claudinethj    时间: 2011-6-22 07:00     标题: 大全-B-8

这题答案给的D, 不大明白:题干说现行的农业政策是对消费者的惩罚,因为它增加了食物的价格,以及纳税者每年10亿的税额;问支持的?

Current farm policy is institutionalized penalization of consumers. It increases food prices for middle- and low-income families and costs the taxpayer billions of dollars a year.

Which of the following statements, if true, would provide support for the author’s claims above?

I.                    Farm subsidies amount to roughly $20 billion a year in federal payouts and $12 billion more in higher food prices.

农业补贴每年大约需要政府20billion的支出,而食品价格增加12billion; 这个怎么支持的?

II.                 According to a study by the Department of Agriculture, each $1 of benefits provided to farmers for ethanol production costs consumers and taxpayers $4.

对于酒精产品每4美元的成本加税,可获利1美元, 这又是怎么支持的呢?

III.   The average full-time farmers have an average net worth of over $300,000.

(A) I only

(B) II only

(C) III only

(D) I and II onlyD

(E) I, II, and III

盼“明人”指点啊!
作者: rebecw    时间: 2011-6-22 20:32

Please see the highlighted:

I. Farm subsidies amount to roughly $20 billion a year in federal payouts (costs the taxpayer billions of dollars a year) and $12 billion more in higher food prices (increases food prices ).

II. According to a study by the Department of Agriculture, each $1 of benefits provided to farmers for ethanol production costs consumers and taxpayers $4 (institutionalized penalization of consumers ... costs the taxpayer billions of dollars a year).
作者: Claudinethj    时间: 2011-6-23 06:36

谢谢回复,可还是笨啊!

再问:能再说说这两个支持中的数字的作用吗?只是给出个具体的数据作为事实支持,还是数字之间有比较关系,而进行支持的?那是怎样的比较关系呢?
作者: xianmengyao    时间: 2011-6-24 06:44

Mainly "给出个具体的数据作为事实支持".
作者: Claudinethj    时间: 2011-6-25 07:01

哦,谢谢,那我是把他想的复杂了,一看到数字就以为有内在的关系,拼命去想怎样的数字变化支持的,害人阿!
作者: kobemvp    时间: 2011-6-26 06:36

对2的加强作用还是不明白,能否麻烦robertchu兄再帮着解释一下?2应该怎么翻译哪?

是说农民伯伯每1块钱的利润,需要耗费纳税人4块钱?这是怎么个支持法哪?

谢谢。
作者: handapink    时间: 2011-6-27 06:36

是呀,II怎么就strengthen了呀?

调查显示 每补贴农民1块钱,就要消耗consumer/taxpayer 4块钱怎么就 strengthen "Current farm policy is institutionalized penalization of consumers"了呀。也许根本就没有去补贴农民呢,说不定current farm policy虽然提高了零售价,但是不但不补贴农民,反而要农民除了交税还得去无偿捐献呢。谁说increase food price就是benefit to农民了?按照中国以前的粮食政策,虽然提高了对consumer的价格,可能国家并不涨对农民的粮食收购价。
作者: zjhzkingsam    时间: 2011-6-27 21:12

我认为II不对. 它没说高税收是由政府政策导致的.

Current farm policy is institutionalized penalization of consumers. It increases food prices for middle- and low-income families and costs the taxpayer billions of dollars a year.

Which of the following statements, if true, would provide support for the author’s claims above?

I.
Farm subsidies amount to roughly $20 billion a year in federal payouts and $12 billion more in higher food prices.

II.
According to a study by the Department of Agriculture, each $1 of benefits provided to farmers for ethanol production costs consumers and taxpayers $4.

III.
The average full-time farmers have an average net worth of over $300,000.

(A) I only

(B) II only

(C) III only

(D) I and II onlyD

(E) I, II, and III

The answer is D.
我认为II不对. 因为它虽说了消费者的高税收, 但没说高税收是由政府政策导致的.
作者: teddyabc    时间: 2011-6-28 06:38

我觉得2很好理解啊 农民赚一块 纳税人和消费者损失四块 分配不平均 有损耗 但是有一定要这样 就体现penalty了
但是1很模糊啊 单独数字就可以说补贴多和涨价了吗?

欢迎光临 国际顶尖MBA申请交流平台--TOPWAY MBA (http://forum.topway.org/) Powered by Discuz! 7.2