Board logo

标题: ask 大全-B-1 and 大全-B-17 [打印本页]

作者: sunzehua700    时间: 2011-6-3 07:06     标题: ask 大全-B-1 and 大全-B-17

17.   Ronald: According to my analysis of the national economy, housing prices should not increase during the next six months unless interest rates drop significantly.

Mark: I disagree. One year ago, when interest rates last fell significantly, housing prices did not increase at all.

It can be inferred from the conversation above that Mark has interpreted Ronald’s statement to mean that

(A) housing prices will rise only if interest rates fall

(B) if interest rates fall, housing prices must rise

(C) interest rates and housing prices tend to rise and fall together

(D) interest rates are the only significant economic factor affecting housing prices(B)

(E) interest rates are likely to fall significantly in the next six months

Ronald: housing rate ↑ →  interest rate ↓

Answer B : interest rate ↓ → housing rate ↑ 逆命題??

How can I get answer B ?

1.     Below is an excerpt from a letter that was sent by the chairman of a corporation to the stockholders.

A number of charges have been raised against me, some serious, some trivial. Individuals seeking to control the corporation for their own purposes have demanded my resignation. Remember that no court of law in any state has found me guilty of any criminal offense whatsoever. In the American tradition, as you know, an individual is considered innocent until proven guilty. Furthermore, as the corporation’s unbroken six-year record of growth will show, my conduct of my official duties as chairman has only helped enhance the success of the corporation, and so benefited every stockholder.

Which of the following can be properly inferred from the excerpt?

(A) The chairman believes that all those who have demanded his resignation are motivated by desire to control the corporation for their own purposes.

(B) Any misdeeds that the chairman may have committed were motivated by his desire to enhance the success of the corporation.

(C) The chairman is innocent of any criminal offense.

(D) The corporation has expanded steadily over the past six years.(D)

(E) Any legal proceedings against the chairman have resulted in his acquittal.

But the question just said that the record showed that the company grew, it didn’t say that it grew steadily??

I meant that isn’t “steadily” a new idea??  but can't we choose an new idea in this kind of question??
作者: sunflower88    时间: 2011-6-3 21:47

Ronald: housing rate ↑ →  interest rate ↓

Answer B : interest rate ↓ → housing rate ↑ 逆命題??

How can I get answer B ?

MM请看这句"housing prices should not increase during the next six months unless interest rates drop significantly."。这句话的意思应该是interest rate ↓ →  housing pirce ↑

B的意思不过是R的原话哦~~~~
作者: allygmat7    时间: 2011-6-4 07:17

I meant that isn’t “steadily” a new idea??  but can't we choose an new idea in this kind of question??

It's not a new idea..pls see the quotation "Furthermore, as the corporation’s unbroken six-year record of growth will show"..I think "unbroken" means "steadily" here...right???
作者: abixiaoxinyue    时间: 2011-6-6 09:11

1. Mark presumes D, and thought Ronald was saying B. I don't think they have anything to do with converse argument.

2. confused by ABD.
作者: yayajiaojef    时间: 2011-6-7 06:40

我一开始也选错了,选了C,但是再仔细一看,发觉读问题时理解错了,应该是“MARK觉着RONALD是怎么认为的?”,而我却理解成了MARK是怎么样认为的,所以选错了~~呵呵。。根据问题,很容易得到RONALD认为:I下降 --> P上升 即B“if interest rates fall, housing prices must rise”。

A错在MARK攻击的是R说的housing prices should not increase,而非攻击unless interest rates drop significantly,因此interest rates drop significantly是前提,正好符合B中“if interest rates fall”。CDE完全不对啦

欢迎光临 国际顶尖MBA申请交流平台--TOPWAY MBA (http://forum.topway.org/) Powered by Discuz! 7.2