Board logo

标题: og11-100!!! [打印本页]

作者: clairesslc    时间: 2011-3-10 07:20     标题: og11-100!!!

100. One way to judge the performance of a company is to compare it with other companies. This technique, commonly called “benchmarking,” permits the manager of a company to discover better industrial practices and can provide a justification for the adoption of good practices.

Any of the following, if true, is a valid reason for benchmarking the performance of a company against companies with which is not in competition rather than against competitors EXCEPT:

A. Comparisons with competitors are most likely to focus on practices that the manager making the comparisons already employs.

B. Getting “inside” information about the unique practices of competitors is particularly difficult.

C. Since companies that compete with each other are likely to have comparable levels of efficiency, only benchmarking against noncompetitors is likely to reveal practices that they find outside their own industry.

D. Managers are generally more receptive to new ideas that they find outside their own industry.

E. Much of the success of good companies is due to their adoption of practice that take advantage of the special circumstances of their product or markets.

OG的解释

Argument Construction
Situation
“Benchmarking” is a technique for judging the performance of a company by comparing it with other companies. The goal is to find and adopt better industrial practices.

Reasoning
Which one condition does NOT recommend benchmarking against noncompetors? Which one condition IS a well-founded reason to benchmark against competitiors? First, sort through the given information and the answer choices for eht question to gain an understanding of the potential advantages of disadvantages of comparing a company to its competitors or to noncompetitors. What are the reasons in favor of benchmarking against noncompetitiors information about noncompeting companies is easier to obtain; it can offer new insights; and it may be easier to put onto practice. Why them might a manager choose to benchmark against competitors? Competing companies do share special circumstances involving products and markets. If companies are often successful because of practices related ot these special circumstances within their industry, then benchmarking against competitors will reveal these practice and so be more fruitful than benchmarking against noncompetitors.

A. Since benchmarking against competitors would yield few new practices, it would be better to b benchmark against noncompetitors.

B. If information about competitors is hard to obtain, benchmarking against noncompetiors is preferable.

C. Since benchmarking against noncompetitors would yield practices useful in beating competitors, benchmarking against noncompetitors is preferable

D. If managers are more likely to adopt new practices learned from benchmarking against noncompetitors, then this techniques is preferable
E. Correct. This sttement properly identifies the rationalbe that supports a company's benchmarking against its competitors
Although I have read the discussion , I don't know this quetion yet .Please tell me what the question means and how to resolve the question? THank you a lot!
作者: endless1990    时间: 2011-3-11 06:45

this question was discussed a few days ago, please check for it.
作者: clairesslc    时间: 2011-3-11 22:20

Although I have read the discussion , I don't know this quetion yet .Please tell me what the question means and how to resolve the question? THank you a lot!
作者: crystalbain    时间: 2011-3-12 07:12

要找一个合理的原因,benchmarking the performance of a company 评价公司的表现,通过和非竞争性的公司进行比较而不是和竞争性的公司比较
即【通过和非竞争性公司的比较来评价公司的表现找一个合理的理由】+except
选项:只要说和非竞争性公司的比较是合理的,是好的,是正确的,就放过
选唱反调的
作者: clairesslc    时间: 2011-3-12 21:02

有点明白了,看来我的逻辑真的是很差呀!真的很感谢!!
作者: season5924    时间: 2011-3-13 08:36

我觉得这题其实有一条思路可以很快解决问题:在benchmarking the performance of a company的时候是内部影响因素还是外部影响因素。从第一句话就可以看出来了,One way to judge the performance of a company is to compare it with other companies,第二句话只是由此阐述了其结果。问题则是要衡量这个方法本身怎么样,所以就紧扣有没有跟other companies扯上关系就好了。

很明显,ABCD讲的都是公司之外的影响因素,只有E是从其自身产品和市场的角度出发来论述的。

欢迎光临 国际顶尖MBA申请交流平台--TOPWAY MBA (http://forum.topway.org/) Powered by Discuz! 7.2