Board logo

标题: 托福口语Task1、Task2、Task3实例赏析 [打印本页]

作者: serein    时间: 2010-6-23 10:24     标题: 托福口语Task1、Task2、Task3实例赏析

今天我所列举的这几道实例的托友就属于上面的第二种情况,看过他的初步测试题后,我惊奇地发现这位仁兄的口语部分Task4- Task6都掌握得不错,反而是属于personal reference的Task1- Task3中的错误相对较多!而且在语音、语调、流利程度方面也存在些问题,我在想这难道就是所谓的“遇强则强遇弱则弱”,哈哈,再次感慨世界真奇妙!那么大家就一起来分析借鉴一下吧!
  实例1
  Choose a place you go to often that is important to you and explain why it is important. Please include specific details in your explanation.
  Sample answer
  The place I often go to that is important to me is school. I spend most of my time in school. I study in school and I love with other classmates. This is most favorite important that school brings to me. I not only study knowledge at school, but also learn how to be a good person. I live with other friends, live in group and how to treat others. This is useful in my lifetime.
作者: serein    时间: 2010-6-23 10:24

解析
  1、W: I love with other classmates.
  R: I love to be with other classmates.
  2、W: This is most favorite important that school brings to me.
  R: That is the joy of living which school brings to me.
  说明:这位托友要表达的是这是学校所带给我的生活乐趣,他通过把一系列的形容词堆砌在一块来表达,这种方法是错误的!
  3、W: I live with other friends, live in group and how to treat others.
  R: I can develop/ cultivate the team spirit and improve the capacity of interpersonal communication through communicating with my classmates.
  说明:这位托友要表达的是通过与同学、朋友相处让其学会了怎么和别人相处而且培养了自己的团队精神,但是他的表述还是显得词不达意!
作者: serein    时间: 2010-6-23 10:24

实例2
Some college students choose to take courses in a variety of subject areas in order to get a broad education. Others choose to focus on a single subject area in order to have a deeper understanding of that area. Which approach to course selection do you think is better for students and why?   Sample answer
  A varies of subject courses is better for college students. Because it may make the college students to be an independent and complete person, but not a professor in one subject. Those knowledge might be for useful use in lifetime.
  解析
  (1)W: A varies of subject courses is better for college students.
  R: To study a variety of subject courses is better for college students.
  说明:托友要表达的意思是掌握多学科的知识对大学生有益!故第一句的表达是错误的,这种初级的语法错误是极其不可取得!
  (2) W: Because it may make the college students to be independent complete person, but not a professor in one subject.
  R: It makes students to acquire/ grasp a great deal of knowledge on different subjects, not just well informed about one subject.
  (3)W: Those knowledge might be for useful use in lifetime.
  R: Extensive knowledge does good to them throughout their lives.
  说明:如上面2和3解析,这位托友完全是采用中国式英语的表达,或者是把自己所想的对应翻译成英文,并不是用英文思维来构思表达。
作者: serein    时间: 2010-6-23 10:25

实例3
  Bus Service Elimination Planned
  The University has decided to discontinue its free bus service for students. The reason given for this decision is that few students ride the buses and the buses are expensive to operate. Currently, the buses run from the center of campus past university buildings and through some of the neighborhoods surrounding the campus. The money saved by eliminating the bus service will be used to expand the overcrowded student parking lots.
  The man expresses his opinion of the university’s plan to eliminate the bus service. State his opinion and explain the reasons he gives for holding that opinion.
  Sample answer
  The man disagrees with the school’s plan of eliminating the bus service. Firstly, the school bus is the only road through the neighborhood of the school. He thinks the school should change the road to attempt the students’s requirements. Secondly, he doesn’t like the school’s plan of increasing the parking space. That will encourage more students to drive. That will make more noise and accidents, which is not good for students’ study.
作者: serein    时间: 2010-6-23 10:25

解析
  (1)W: He thinks the school should change the road to attempt the students’s requirements.
  R: He thinks the school should change the route to satisfy/ meet/ comply with the students’s requirements.
  (2)停车场:parking lots, parking lot, stopping place.所以上述的表达方式有误。
  (3)这位托友在上面的陈述中eliminate和encourage的发音不准确,eliminate他不知道该怎么读,所以就很含糊地读过去了,遇到这种情况就要求托友反应灵活,迅速地在大脑中搜索有关的同义词,譬如,end, cease, discontinue and so on,总有一个发音标准的吧。而encourage这位托友则读成/in’kaus/,这就会让考官误解你表达得是别的意思。关于发音的问题,并没有什么捷径,其实大家可以利用身边的一切机会来纠正自己的发音,因为IBT考试它的听力是贯穿始终的,或者可以选择听一些名人的演讲,譬如小布什的演讲,浅显易懂!或者可以观看一些外国大片,与娱乐与学习中,一箭双雕!
  总结
  IBT口语独立问答题评分标准:每道题的满分为4分,而就上面的实例来说,属于“语法和词汇的使用能力较差,影响观点的表达和语言连贯性,而且停顿比较多,出现语音、语调错误,影响语义表达,造成一定的理解困难”的2分范畴,如果考官严格一些很可能是1分,那么虽然后面的三道题回答得Perfect!还是会很影响口语的整体得分!所以千万不要低估了这些小的错误。
  以上是我对这三道实例的简要分析,希望大家千万不要气馁,只要在“I like losing face!”“Never, never give up!”这两种信念的护航下,你一定会扬帆起航,所向披靡!

欢迎光临 国际顶尖MBA申请交流平台--TOPWAY MBA (http://forum.topway.org/) Powered by Discuz! 7.2