Board logo

标题: 1 or 2 - a BF Question [打印本页]

作者: qiufeng1990    时间: 2002-9-18 05:55     标题: 1 or 2 - a BF Question

91、boldface roles: (Employees over 40 years old seldom have achievements),, however, Therefore, ?.is due to (emoloyees over 40 years old have been in the same field for too long time). Two questions choices: 1. The first sentence is a pattern, the second supports the arguer’s conclusion. 2. The first is a generalization, and second supports the arguer’s conclusion

WAHT"S DIFERENCE BETWEEN PATTERN AND GENERALIZATION
作者: twinhead    时间: 2002-9-19 01:12

应该是2吧
Employees over 40 years old seldom have achievements叙述了一个一般化的概括,后者对其支持。
pattern我个人理解是趋于个性的模式,而非广义的概括。
比如细分40岁在外企的employee如何如何就成了一种狭义的模式。
作者: schwa995    时间: 2002-9-19 15:03

I think the correct ans is 1.
What the differetiation of the pattern and the generalization depends on how the paragragh is sturcted.
Here the later setence serves the casue to the event described in the first sentence. Therefore, the relationship between the two are not  GENERALIZTION- SUPPORT and then the alternative 2 can be ruled out.
作者: tongxun    时间: 2002-9-19 16:47

I concur the correct answer is 2.
This BF question is incomplete one. After "however" in the question, the author must provide some evidence to support his conclusion which was discribed after the word "therefore".   " due to" should be used to provide additional reasons to support the conclusion that the author insisted.
According to the differece between "pattern" and " generalization, I think that the mean of the first sentence is to illustrate a generalization.

欢迎光临 国际顶尖MBA申请交流平台--TOPWAY MBA (http://forum.topway.org/) Powered by Discuz! 7.2