Board logo

标题: 大全-A-5 [打印本页]

作者: kenisjacque    时间: 2007-7-14 08:03     标题: 大全-A-5

Johnson is on firm ground when he asserts that the early editors of Dickinson’s poetry often distorted her intentions. Yet Johnson’s own, more faithful, text is still guilty of its own forms of distortion. To standardize Dickinson’s often indecipherable handwritten punctuation by the use of the dash is to render permanent a casual mode of poetic phrasing that Dickinson surely never expected to see in print. It implies that Dickinson chose the dash as her typical mark of punctuation when, in fact, she apparently never made any definitive choice at all.

Which of the following best summarizes the author’s main point?

(A) Although Johnson is right in criticizing Dickinson’s early editors for their distortion of her work, his own text is guilty of equally serious distortions.

(B) Johnson’s use of the dash in his text of Dickinson’s poetry misleads readers about the poet’s intentions.

(C) Because Dickinson never expected her poetry to be published, virtually any attempt at editing it must run counter to her intentions.

(D) Although Johnson’s attempt to produce a more faithful text of Dickinson’s poetry is well-meaning, his study of the material lacks sufficient thoroughness.

(E) Dickinson’s editors, including Johnson, have failed to deal adequately with the problem of deciphering Dickinson’s handwritten manuscripts.

The key is B. I can understand why B is right, but I cannot figure out why E is wrong.

Who can help me out?

Thanks.

作者: philikittists    时间: 2007-7-15 08:10

Johnson认为早期诗歌编辑都严重扭曲了D的作品,Johnson本人为了更忠实D的原意,自己开始编辑,在排版时,Johnson使用了破折号的语法形式使D的作品原有的诗韵的意境固定化,从而从另一角度扭曲D的原意。

作者的意思---定位Dickinson surely never expected to see in print.

作者: philikittists    时间: 2007-7-15 19:29

A  作者没说Johnson对别人的评价是正确的

C 没说D从来不想发表

D  没说Johnson的材料不充足

E  没说Johnson和其他编辑都没充足地处对待翻译问题,至少Johnson还是更加忠实于原文了,说明还是充足处理翻译问题了

说点自己的想法,我觉得这题考细节的方式不像是真实考试中的细节题,这里的细节繁琐到炉火纯青的地步了,真是很绕,lz连问这两题,唉

作者: sweetcorns    时间: 2007-7-16 06:22

J认为早期的Editor在编辑的时候曲解了D的意思,文中作者认为J在编辑时也同样曲解了D的意思。就是用dash那件事情。

E中破解D的手稿这件事情是J所为,但是原文中没有提到早期的Editor也干了此事。所以E中的Dickinson’s editors, including Johnson就不对了吧。

作者: nomadwander    时间: 2007-7-17 06:35

B

Jonhson同志觉的以前的某些编辑了dickson诗歌的人曲解了Dickson同志的意思。

但其实Johnson自己的东西里也在曲解,里面关于dash的使用其实是dickson同志不会使用的,那么这些出现在Jonhson同志关于Dickson诗歌的作品里的dash肯定会影响读者的判断。

E错

文章说:Johnson同志认为别人错了,但事实是Johnson同志自己的文章错了,John认为别人错,不代表别人就一定错。文章只谈论了Johnson同志自己的文章,无法推及所有的人都错了这个大范围。

作者: kenisjacque    时间: 2007-7-17 14:00

thanks ,i  got  it @@@

欢迎光临 国际顶尖MBA申请交流平台--TOPWAY MBA (http://forum.topway.org/) Powered by Discuz! 7.2