返回列表 发帖

Essay05

The Darden School seeks a diverse and unique entering class of future managers. How will your distinctiveness enrich our learning environment and enhance your prospects for success as a manager?

If accepted, I will be joining the Darden School as a developing nation's citizen who has played something of a leadership role with one of the world's premier corporations. As such, I will bring with me the experience of a business manager who has successfully marketed hi-tech products in a country that values its traditions and ancient culture.

Having spearheaded MIB's marketing drive in China, I am acquainted with the most advanced marketing techniques, which in turn deepened my understanding of the business environment and customer needs in this vast emerging market. As the country embraces the concept of market economics, its economy is increasingly integrated into the international economic system, generating an urgent need for business managers who know how to bridge the enormous gaps between the traditional culture, the developing nations' need for economic protection, and the international business competition. In the era of reforms and opening-up, crop upon crop of Chinese young people have "plunged into the sea" to do business. While making a career for themselves, they have learned to abide the rules of international business and how to survive and beat the ever intensifying international competition. As a member of the country's embryonic business elite, I have, in the capacity of MIB China's Channel manager, met head on with the challenges of operating an international business in China, which houses both the world's oldest surviving civilization and its fastest growing major economy. In the process, I have learned much about the importance of modern management and marketing as well as the strength of my culture and my people.

I will come over to Darden equipped not only with positive attitudes towards diversity and confidence in cross-cultural exchange but also detailed knowledge and profound insights on how to apply established international business practices to a fast changing market. I look forward to sharing my experience with the professors and students at Darden, just as I look forward to learning from their experiences and opinions. All this will be accomplished, I am sure, in the case studies and group projects on which Darden apparently places firm emphasis. Given my experience, I will probably be much more able to appreciate the different backgrounds and experiences that people bring together.

I have been tested by the most competitive PC market in the world, a market that I now know inside and out. I know the strategies of PC makers in this market. With a bachelor's degree in computer science and five years of experience of marketing PCs, I have been exposed to virtually every aspect of the PC industry, such the R&D, pricing, marketing and promotion, but particularly channel managing. I am especially well versed in coordinating and managing second-tier dealers. MIB's agents under my supervision include companies from all over the world, American, Indian, Japanese as well as local Chinese, with sizes ranging from fifty to thousands of employees. I have been able to understand the needs of each and every dealer, and to align the interests of diverse parties with that of MIB's. With that, I have contributed significantly to increasing MIB China's revenue by thirty times in four years. This has elevated MIB to the top PC maker's seat in China in terms of market share. I have thrived on the challenges of motivating and organizing diverse interests for a common goal. I am convinced that such experiences can enrich Darden's diversity and enhance its distinctiveness.

ZZ:tol24.com
收藏 分享
请大家在提问之前先行浏览精华区,里面包括大量的申请技巧,学校介绍,专业排名,文书范例。 入口如下:http://www.topway.org/bbs/list.asp?boardid=76 精华区只供浏览和回复,如果需要发布新主题提问,请在addmission区提问,谢谢合作。

返回列表

站长推荐 关闭

美国top10 MBA VIP申请服务

自2003年开始提供 MBA 申请服务以来,保持着90% 以上的成功率,其中Top10 MBA服务成功率更是高达95%

查看