返回列表 发帖

a cr

Odysseus answered well when the priests showed him a picture of those who had honored the gods and then escaped shipwreck,and asked him whether he did not now acknowledge the power of the gods-"Yes,"he said,"but where are those picutred who were drowned after their prayers?" And such is the way of superstitions;wherein humans,having a delight in such vanities,mark the events there they are fulfilled ,but where they fail,though this happens much oftener,neglect and
pass them by.
Which one of the following contains the error of reasoning described by the author in the passage?
A)I have discovered that Friday the 13th really is a day of misfortune,Just this past Friday,the 13th,I locked myself out of the house.
B)Although Napoleon and Alexander the Great were short,Abraham Lincoln and Charies de Gaulle were tall.So short people seek leadership in order to overcome feelings of inferiority.
C)Every semester for the past 15 years,an average of 10 percent of Ms. Elliot's history students have dropped her course before the exam.So,it seems likely that we can expert 10 percent to drop out this year.
D)No reliable observer has ever actually seen a yeti.The strongest evidence seems to be some suspicious tracks.So I think this search for a yeti is probably a wild-goose chase.
E)I can not trust my lucky shirt any longer,I wore it to the game today and our team lost.

why a is correct while e is not?
收藏 分享

人的虚荣心来自“老记得自己的成功的,而不记得自己不成功的”。
A。此人说,他I have discovered ,正好又被锁在门外。因此,证明他的发现是对的。也就是说,这人会对别人吹嘘“我说的没错吧?”。--特别象某些人的嘴脸!
E。只表达了失败,而没说成功。也就是说,没能满足这人的虚荣心。换句话说,若此选项改成:我一直认为这件衣服不能给我带来好运,今天参加比赛我穿了它,结果输了。那这个选项就对了。
Robert之家-----我的家园

返回列表

站长推荐 关闭

美国top10 MBA VIP申请服务

自2003年开始提供 MBA 申请服务以来,保持着90% 以上的成功率,其中Top10 MBA服务成功率更是高达95%

查看