返回列表 发帖

质疑关于该题答案!T-4-Q14 GWD-13-38

Frobisher, a sixteenth-century English explorer, had soil samples from Canada’s Kodlunarn Island examined for gold content.  Because high gold content was reported, Elizabeth I funded two mining expeditions.  Neither expedition found any gold there.  Modern analysis of the island’s soil indicates a very low gold content.  Thus the methods used to determine the gold content of Frobisher’s samples must have been inaccurate.

Which of the following is an assumption on which the argument depends?

• The gold content of the soil on Kodlunarn Island is much lower today than it was in the sixteenth century.
  • The two mining expeditions funded by Elizabeth I did not mine the same part of Kodlunarn Island.
  • The methods used to assess gold content of the soil samples provided by Frobisher were different from those generally used in the sixteenth century.
  • Frobisher did not have soil samples from any other Canadian island examined for gold content.
  • Gold was not added to the soil samples collected by Frobisher before the samples were examined.

标准答案是D 我选的是A 百度后人家是这么说的;

"F检查了某地的土壤样本,发现含金,于是就去挖金,但是无功而返。
现代人又重新检查了这个样本,发现根本不含金。
于是得到,F的检查方法肯定是错的。
但是我们需要先假设,F那个时候,没有人故意把金加入这些样本。”

但是原文中L Modern analysis of the island’s soil indicates a very low gold content. 并没有说用的是原来F用的样本啊。
我选A主要是这么考虑的:金子作为一种货币大家都努力努力的开采,那么土地中的量也会减少的。现在的含量比以前的高——推出以前的方法肯定是错误的、

收藏 分享

楼主,我认为答案是对的,以下是我的观点。
结论是“F的检查方法肯定错误”。
A项:你认为“金子作为一种货币大家都努力努力的开采,那么土地中的量也会减少的。现在的含量比以前的高”,可是经过那么多年开采后,土壤中的金含量不是应该比以前低了么。也就是说,虽然现在测出的金含量低,不一定是”原来的测量不对,土里原本就没金“,可能是因为这么多年挖了之后,导致现在土里的金含量降低,所以A项恰恰反驳了原文的结论啊。。

要让结论成立,我们至少要说“F报告出来含金量很高的土壤和之后去挖、现在测的土壤是同一块地方的”,所以说该假设F手中没有其他土壤是对的啊。。所以D项正确。。

返回列表

站长推荐 关闭

美国top10 MBA VIP申请服务

自2003年开始提供 MBA 申请服务以来,保持着90% 以上的成功率,其中Top10 MBA服务成功率更是高达95%

查看