返回列表 发帖

补充材料第8篇 warm-blooded与microwave radiation

第2题
Behavior is one of two general responses available to endothermic (warm-blooded) species for the regulation of body temperature, the other being innate (reflexive) mechanisms of heat production and heat loss. Human beings rely primarily on the first to provide a hospitable thermal microclimate for themselves, in which the transfer of heat between the body and the environment is accomplished with minimal involvement of innate mechanisms of heat production and loss.
    The author makes which of the following points about innate mechanisms for heat production?
I.    They are governed by thermoreceptors inside the body of the organism rather than at the surface.
II.    They are a less effective means of compensating for gross changes in temperature than behavioral strategies.
III.    They are not affected by microwave radiation.
(A) I only
(B) I and II only
(C) I and III only
(D) II and III only
(E) I, II, and III
答案B, 我觉得II不对。文中“Human beings rely primarily on the first to provide a hospitable thermal microclimate for themselves,”只是说了human beings是有这种effective的差异,但并不是所有的warm-blooded的生物都是这样呀。
3.    Which of the following would be the most logical topic for the author to take up in the paragraph following the final paragraph of the selection?
(A) A suggestion for new research to be done on the effects of microwaves on animals and human beings
(B) An analysis of the differences between microwave radiation
(C) A proposal that the use of microwave radiation be prohibited because it is dangerous
(D) A survey of the literature on the effects of microwave radiation on human beings
(E) A discussion of the strategies used by various species to control hyperthermia
答案为A。当时不选A是因为文中一直讲human,而A突然出来了一个animals。所以虽然B有点偏离主题,还是选了.

Until recently it was assumed that organisms respond to microwave radiation in the same way that they respond to temperature changes caused by other forms of radiation. After all, the argument runs, microwaves are radiation and heat body tissues. This theory ignores the fact that the stimulus to a behavioral response is normally a temperature change that occurs at the surface of the organism.
5.    The author implies that the proponents of the theory that microwave radiation acts on organisms in the same way as other forms of radiation based their conclusions primarily on
(A) laboratory research
(B) unfounded assumption
(C) control group surveys
(D) deductive reasoning
(E) causal investigation
答案为B,但我觉得“After all, the argument runs, microwaves are radiation and heat body tissues.“不是unfounded assumption,而是”事实“。其论证错误在于“ignore he fact that the stimulus to a behavioral response is normally a temperature change that occurs at the surface of the organism.”所以应该选D.
收藏 分享

这篇文章我也是问题多多,都做了2,3遍了还是错得一塌糊涂!关键是很多地方都找不到文中相应的地方。不过幸好,第五题我还做对了。文中这么说的:“Until recently it was assumed that ...This theory ignores the fact that     ”又是假设又没有事实根据,所以自然是B了。D说的deductive reasoning应该是说“经过演绎推理得出的理由”,应该是正面的评价吧?

我想问其他几个问题:

第一题:

[center]The author is primarily concerned with
(A) showing that behavior is a more effective way of controlling bodily temperature than innate mechanisms
(B) criticizing researchers who will not discard their theories about the effects of microwave radiation on organisms
(C) demonstrating that effects of microwave radiation are different from those of other forms of radiation
(D) analyzing the mechanism by which an organism maintains its bodily temperature in a changing thermal environment
(E) discussing the importance of thermoreceptors in the control of the internal temperature of an organism[/center]

我想知道,文章的主题句是否是第一句?如果是,那么里面根本没有提到微波,这里怎么会选C而不是D?如果不是第一句,那么应该是哪句?我怎么看不出来?因为这个问题,导致第3,7题都做错了!   
№4:

The author’s strategy in lines 39-42 is tofficeffice" /><?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com[img][/img]

(A) introduce a hypothetical example to dramatize a point

(B) propose an experiment to test a scientific hypothesis

(C) cite a case study to illustrate a general contention

(D) produce a counterexample to disprove an opponent’s theoryA

(E) speculate about the probable consequences of a scientific phenomenon

我不知道答案A所说的hypothetical example 是指的什么?这个文章里面哪有假设的例子了?

总的来说,这篇文章给我的感觉是内容不难,但是结构特别模糊,主题不鲜明,读起来很容易搞糊。但愿考试不要碰到这样的题目!God Bless Me!

看了lz的这么详细的解释,没有不服的了!虽然题目我是明白了,但是文章里面的所谓新旧机制我还是不明白.都怪这个DAMN的作者,写个文章不会明明白白的写,非要拐弯抹角,新观点不直截了当的提出来而要读者自己去揣摩. 好像故意逗人玩!

新东方的讲座里面说,阅读的时候不需要自己去做推理,最多就是取取非而已.象这样的题目,在考试的时候13~15行每分钟,每道题目阅读完加定位加思考判定总共一分钟的情况下,谁还能如此细致明晰地分析出作者的真实意图?不知道lz是如何办到的?可否传授一下?多谢指教!

a question abt this. why I is correct?

2.     The author makes which of the following points about innate mechanisms for heat production?

I.      They are governed by thermoreceptors inside the body of the organism rather than at the surface.
II.     They are a less effective means of compensating for gross changes in temperature than behavioral strategies.
III.   They are not affected by microwave radiation.

(A) I only

(B) I and II only

(C) I and III only

(D) II and III only(B)

(E) I, II, and III

hi pumpkin,

and this, why is it "concerned"? i chosed D. i think the tone of the whole passage is pretty neutral...

6.     The tone of the passage can best be described as

(A) genial and conversational

(B) alarmed and disparaging

(C) facetious and cynical

(D) scholarly and noncommittal (noncommittal: adj.不明朗的, 不承担义务的)(E)

(E) scholarly and concerned

a question abt this. why I is correct?

2.     The author makes which of the following points about innate mechanisms for heat production?

I.      They are governed by thermoreceptors inside the body of the organism rather than at the surface.

II.     They are a less effective means of compensating for gross changes in temperature than behavioral strategies.

III.   They are not affected by microwave radiation.

(A) I only

(B) I and II only

(C) I and III only

(D) II and III onlyB

关于I为什么对,我今天想了半天,可能是这样,是结合了文章中好几个地方推出来的,其实OG里解释经常是这样的。请继续讨论。

第一:Behavior is one of two general responses available to endothermic (endothermic: adj.吸热(),[]温血的) (warm-blooded) species for the regulation of body temperature, the other being innate (reflexive) mechanisms of heat production and heat loss. Human beings rely primarily on the first to provide a hospitable thermal microclimate (microclimate: n.[]小气候(指森林、城市、洞穴等局部地区的气候)) for themselves, in which the transfer of heat between the body and the environment is accomplished with minimal involvement of innate mechanisms of heat production and loss. 从这里我们得出BehaviorInnate不同。

第二:This theory ignores the fact that the stimulus to a behavioral response is normally a temperature change that occurs at the surface of the organism. The thermoreceptors that prompt behavioral changes are located within the first millimeter of the skin’s surface, but the energy of a microwave field (microwave field: 超高频场, 微波场) may be selectively deposited in deep tissues, effecti

从这里我们得出Behaviorthermoreceptors 再皮肤表面,结合一的结论,就是Innate are governed by thermoreceptors ….. rather than at the surface. 至于They are governed by thermoreceptors inside the body of the organism 是那里说的哪? 我觉得第一段并不是是引出一个现象,而是介绍一个生理关于热循环的机理。

Behavior is one of two general responses available to endothermic (endothermic: adj.吸热(),[]温血的) (warm-blooded) species for the regulation of body temperature, the other being innate (reflexive) mechanisms of heat production and heat loss. Human beings rely primarily on the first to provide a hospitable thermal microclimate (microclimate: n.[]小气候(指森林、城市、洞穴等局部地区的气候)) for themselves, in which the transfer of heat between the body and the environment is accomplished with minimal involvement of innate mechanisms of heat production and loss. Thermoregulatory (thermoregulatory: adj.体温调节的,保持(一定)体温的) behavior anticipates hyperthermia, and the organism adjusts its behavior to avoid becoming hyperthermic: it removes layers of clothing, it goes for a cool swim, etc. The organism can also respond to changes in the temperature of the body core, as is the case during exercise; but such responses result from the direct stimulation of thermoreceptors distributed widely within the central nervous system (central nervous system: n. 中枢神经系统), and the ability of these mechanisms to help the organism adjust to gross changes in its environment is limited.

提出作用机理: ----
用两个方法来调节体温: ------但是作用是有限的—the ability is limited in gross environment
1.behavior---------------àprimarily in microclimate
2.innate mechanisms--àminimal involvement

(=è隐含一个问题: 为什么innate 比behavior少用哪? 因为Thermoregulatory (thermoregulatory: adj.体温调节的,保持(一定)体温的) behavior anticipates hyperthermia…etc(behavior是怎么干的), The organism can also respond to changes …..(这个organism的响应是什么哪?就是innate mechanisms, 但是是limited.)

在来说说这篇文章的结构:

第一段:人体和动物的热力学作用机理,为后面的分析做技术准备。

第二段:用归缪法说明微波不同于其他波。

第三段:老的强度作用机理不对的,其实1 mW/cm2 can be thermogenic

把这三段看做一个逻辑题:是做什么用的哪?

作者(这小子真是个孙子,有几个地方思维跳跃很大!,不过全文的论证方式还是比较清楚的。)是在反驳一个说微波和其他热辐射没有什么差别,即使有由于强度小也没有关系的论点,而这个作者要反驳的论点的基础就是Until recently it was assumed…Until a few years ago….

能想到这里时,几个问题就特别清楚了。

. 1.   The author is primarily concerned with

(A) showing that behavior is a more effective way of controlling bodily temperature than innate mechanisms

(B) criticizing researchers who will not discard their theories about the effects of microwave radiation on organisms

(C) demonstrating that effects of microwave radiation are different from those of other forms of radiation

(D) analyzing the mechanism by which an organism maintains its bodily temperature in a changing thermal environmentC

(E) discussing the importance of thermoreceptors in the control of the internal temperature of an organism

为什么concern ? 因为effects of microwave radiation are different from those of other forms of radiation 是作者整个驳论的基础,如果这个不成立,第3段就没有论证意义。

3.     Which of the following would be the most logical topic for the author to take up (take up: 继续) in the paragraph following the final paragraph of the selection?

(A) A suggestion for new research to be done on the effects of microwaves on animals and human beings

(B) An analysis of the differences between microwave radiation

(C) A proposal that the use of microwave radiation be prohibited because it is dangerous

(D) A survey of the literature on the effects of microwave radiation on human beingsA

(E) A discussion of the strategies used by various species to control hyperthermia

看来我的阅读总结计划应该改成每天6篇,不设下限.....

返回列表

站长推荐 关闭

美国top10 MBA VIP申请服务

自2003年开始提供 MBA 申请服务以来,保持着90% 以上的成功率,其中Top10 MBA服务成功率更是高达95%

查看