返回列表 发帖

求问OG13 SC40题干中时态用法

只是对题目未划线部分有些疑问,选项就不贴了哈!

40.The Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) had long been expected to announce a reduction in output to bolster sagging oil prices, but officials of the organization just recently announced that the group will pare daily production by 1.5 million barrels by the beginning of next year only if non-OPEC nations, including Norway, Mexico, and Russia, trim output by a total of 500,000 barrels a day.
(划线部分已经被我替换成正确答案了~)

不明白的是,既然前面已经用了announced过去时,为什么它引导的宾语从句里还可以用will pare,而不是would pare?感觉这里并不是在描述一个general rule什么的……

不知道我是不是太死心眼了……OG没划线的地方还在那挑毛病……TT
收藏 分享

I said yesterday that I will go there on Friday.我已经说了,但是可惜 目前不是星期五

谢谢啦~~我再琢磨琢磨!

不过看曼哈顿上写,像间接引语之类的,宾语从句时态要向前移,比如用would的话,是express the future from the past's point of view,我认为即使这个future在转述的时候还没有到来,引语部分仍然应该用“过去将来时”而不是simple future,比如PREP07 SC1中的第49题,The automobile company announced that the average price of next year's cars and trucks would decrease four-tenths of one percent, or about $72, from that of comparably equipped models this year.(已经替换成正确答案)。为什么在我的问题的情况中不能是express the future from the past's point of view,用would呢?
觉得这个题干里面的东西还有点特别的……

这题难道不是在考if...then...结构么?
if present, then future....

我问的不是划线部分考什么了哈…对题干表达有疑问…

你说的那个我知道的,只是奇怪难道它不要受前面间接引语的时态影响么?

引用nn的回答
“i think on this type of question you really just need to figure out what makes sense - is the future event intended to be conditional, or is it intended to be something definite? some of this will depend on the perspective of the reader. i think both of the following make sense:

company X announced that its profits would increase
(either it never happened when expected, or we are still waiting but not sure it will happen)

company X announced that its profits will increase
(we are still waiting for it to happen and fairly certain it will)  ”

然后发问者又说MANHATTAN书上写了,avoid mixing Present tense with Conditional tense. Likewise, avoid mixing Past tense with Future tense.

nn的回答是

It doesn't say to never mix past and future tenses, but avoid doing so.
The problem with the English language is that there will (almost) always be exceptions to anything that we report as a firm rule. I would say this is more of an idiom than anything else and deals with the main verbs- announce vs believe.......

返回列表

站长推荐 关闭

美国top10 MBA VIP申请服务

自2003年开始提供 MBA 申请服务以来,保持着90% 以上的成功率,其中Top10 MBA服务成功率更是高达95%

查看