返回列表 发帖

[校园风光] Columbia Business MBA校友答疑(八)非典型背景转投行

我的背景是国际组织在中国的一些扶贫、投资项目运作,本身是学语言出身。但对IB又非常感兴趣,强烈想转行。请问各位哥大前辈,有戏否?

-- by 会员

我觉得找banking(起码在投行的core target school里),bankers看的更多的不是你的工作背景,而是你这个人本身。

do you present yourself well? are you a quick thinker? how do you interact with VARIOUS people in VARIOUS social settings (and trust me, the entire recruiting mechanism is designed to help them find this out) do you have insights and the ability to think independently? how eloquent and convincing are your arguments? how serious are you about doing investment banking? how far would you go to get a job at our bank? have you done your research? have you talked to our people? do you know the facts? and how do you interpret these facts? are you following the markets? can you grind out 100 hours a week? are you someone I would be happy to be working with at 3am ? would i consider going out for a beer with you? how confident are you? how do you promote yourself? do you have a compelling story? how do you answer tough questions and how do you push things back? do you crumble under enormous pressure or do you thrive in it? are you a honest person? do you have the analytical skills or the learning potential?
the list goes on and on and on.

it really isn't about what you did before business school. I have seen successful bankers who were professional football players, lawyers, marketers, priests (yes, priests), military veterans, engineers. and yes i have seen bankers who studied English as undergrad major.

so my answer is, everyone has a shot. everyone. but you need to get into a good school first so that you will be given the opportunity to prove yourself to them. once the interview starts, it's all about you as a person.

其他Columbia Business MBA校友答疑详见下帖

Columbia Business MBA校友答疑汇总
收藏 分享
Your Future, Our Mission. Topway--the world's best business school admission service.

返回列表

站长推荐 关闭

美国top10 MBA VIP申请服务

自2003年开始提供 MBA 申请服务以来,保持着90% 以上的成功率,其中Top10 MBA服务成功率更是高达95%

查看