返回列表 发帖

822北航考场。别样经历+考试快报+个人经验

A.进场时间:
稍稍早点进去吧。北航的考场。8:50就进去填写保密协议了,呆了半天9:20让进的场,中间看了一会经典加试,还分享给隔壁的考友两份阅读加试,可惜用上的是听力加试。算一下时间,尽量别让听力的时候有人开始讲口语,干扰会很大。

B.突发事件加紧急求助
本来是抱着必胜的心去的,可是今天运气不好,被主考报告给ETS了。事情是这样的:考完听力以后出去6分钟,回来以后就在那坐着,中间break10分钟的时间结束后,我没有直接continue,而是等了一小会,因为其间有位老兄声音极大又发音极其让人听不明白,我就在那寻思,干脆等他讲完这段我再进入口语吧。这时候,一个副考过来跟我说,调试一下声音吧。我说好,于是,趁着他刚说完的机会,想把口语34的模板写下来,刚起笔没写完一句话,这时,一个身穿白色T恤的人匆匆走来,迅速把我的护照拿走,未留片言只语…我纳闷着呢,问那个副考官,他说因为我延迟进入口语程序,所以他把护照拿过去上报给ETS了。接着,我用历经磨难的坚强的心,继续进入口语考试。汗啊,怎么刚准备点击continue就被他拿去报了呢,悔恨加上愤怒用上心头。但是,我依然坚持考完了作文,小作文是在强忍了泪水之后写完的,还好所有点都写明白了,还空了5分钟检查。

考完后,我去问那个白T恤,有什么补救措施,他厉声回答,没有补救措施,已经上报给ETS了。我问他是怎么个上报的,他说就是告诉ETS,我在break10分钟之后不立即进去考试,并且经过考官的两次警告过后仍然故意延迟,而且还不停的在之上写东西。苍天有眼啊,我什么时候不停写东西了,而且换个逻辑,他会看着我不停地写东西而不动声色?

不知道这个事情该怎么解决,副考说会影响成绩。毕竟本来没有什么事儿,白T恤往那儿一报,再添油加醋说被警告两次(其实真的只有副考过来一次跟我说调试一下自己的声音),ETS也会有很大可能认为我是作弊吧….要是有类似经验的朋友拔刀相助一个吧。

C.阅读:
1st. 比较清晰,并且题目不难,讲得是Urban Heat;
2nd. Netherland modern agriculture, 比较简单;
3rd. Australian Rock Art, 这段长难句偏多,时间把握地不好,后面几个题目匆忙就选了。教训啊:先把每段对应的题目做完了,到最后一题主旨题的时候再一起回顾原文,不然真是容易慌乱。

D.听力:每一段都听得比较清楚,大意倒是明晰,可是到做题目的时候就有很多东西听漏了。所以建议平时复习的时候不要光听段子,做题目揣摩题型也一样重要。另外,听力加试了大王花,Ragtime,以及鸟类迁徙。

E.口语,唉,郁闷。本来挺有戏的,现在看造化了吧。因为那个白T恤,搞得我第一题都没有看清楚题目,到第二题才开始进入状态。值得一提的是口语第5题有了些变化,一个对话,一个男生因为公交车时间改变而引起的一些不便问题,本题如果没有记错的话,它就直接要你回答这个男的遇到什么问题了,接着直接提出你的解决方案。别的都进行得很顺,但愿不要因为白T恤荒了心血啊。

F.作文:
(1)综合作文:文章提了三个导致yellow cedar 数量变少的原因,讲座对应地回击了文章的观点,挺清楚的;
(2)独立作文:题目大意是: Some people think it is more important to work quickly at the risk of making mistakes than to work slowly but correctly, agree or disagree.
写了428个字吧。同意,开头从一般到具体引入题目,分三点论书,首先目前很多公司需要快节奏的员工以提高自身的效益;其次,快速的工作有助于员工develop quick mind,which accordingly could gain more chance to promote and for the future improvement of a company; 最后,有时候因为工作快而可能导致的mistake可以让员工learn something from it and seldomly commit it again.

G.个人觉得很受用的资料:
(1)王玉梅和张红岩的单词,过了有10遍了吧,有助于听说读写,尤其是阅读;
(2)考前花了两天做完了文勇黄金阅读29篇,相对于许多非ETS出的阅读题而言,借鉴性很大,主要体现为精读分析它的句子结构,经典用词以及它的整合文章的能力上,受益匪浅;
(3)网上下了一套TPO的题,可参考性大;
(4)作文,狂练啊,我练了大概16篇吧,之后发给好朋友改,一天一篇,之后自己再仔细分析。
(5)复习时间稍微丰厚一点的朋友可以把新概念3后面的一些长文章拿过来分析,是一种享受啊。
(6)听力就是集中听力BARRON 和DELTA,反复反复地听,终于有一天,会攻克它,似乎其他的办法不抵用。

H.深刻的教训:
集中复习,不要因为别的事情分心,战线不要拉得太长,没有准备好就不要报名,否则,就使劲给ETS塞钱吧;
考场的选择,真的不该选北航的那个,主要缘于那位白T恤…..我现在担心那事儿影响成绩,如果这个出师不利,就准备曲线救国考雅思了。毕竟,花在托福上的精力和时间太多太多。

深深地感激上天的恩赐,让我遇见某人,并长此相依。感谢Jane,真正的友情是如此宝贵。哈哈,不煽情了,希望有个好结果吧。

一口气写了这些,再有新东西再来补充吧:)

附:2楼 3楼 4楼 5楼 口语模板

收藏 分享

Question 1
Major Type:  Which/ What / Why / Who / how

Major Type:  Which/ What / Why / Who / how

Which place is your favourite place to visit in summer?

What game you loved most while studying in elementary school.

Why do so many people love visiting museums?

Who influenced you most in the past 3 years?

How can a person improve English language?

l   Make sure you have detailed examples to support your argument.

l   Pay attention to tense if the example happened in the past!

Personally, I would like to say that my favorite is … … And there are a couple of reasons to name here.

The most important one is that … …

What’s more…

So that’s why I …. ….

Question 2

Major Type:  Which do you prefer/ Agree or disagree

Some people love eating out (such as at restaurants); others, however, prefer to eat at home. Which do you prefer?

Do you agree or disagree with the following: People always need to tell the truth.

l   Make sure you have detailed examples to support your argument.

l   Tense is not very important for this question.

Module 1 – Positive

In my opinion, I agree with A / I prefer A

First of all,  ….   Living in the city… not only makes me…. …. but also…..brings …

Secondly (Besides, More importantly), city life … not only… but also …. 

Module 2 -- Negative

In my opinion, I do not agree with A/ I prefer B

First of all, Living in the countryside… not only makes me…. …. but also…..brings …

Secondly (Besides, More importantly),    … not only… but also ….      

Module 3 -- Neutral

This is a hard question. In my opinion, whether we need to do A or B (Whether we should agree or disagree)…., it depends.

On the one hand, A is .……………………..

On the other hand, B is …………….

Question 3

The man expresses his opinion about the upcoming change. State his opinion and explain the reasons he gives for holding   that opinion.

l   Make sure you have taken notes correctly

l   Your response must integrate both the Reading (20-30%) and the listening (70-80%)

Girl/Woman

Agree/Disagree

Boy/Man

Agree/Disagree

Module 1  Reading - dialogue

1. The school has implemented a new policy (new plan, announcement, …)  that… due to… . And the woman/man holds a positive/negative view towards the announcement.

The 1st reason she/he offers is …..

The 2nd reason is …

2. In the reading material, there is a/an announcement/ message/ notice/ proposal about …. The university/college is going to…

In the listening material, two students discuss about this announcement/ message/

notice/ proposal.

The man/woman is against/supporting the… He or she feels unhappy/ less satisfied

about… (He/she thinks the … is unfair/ inconvenient/ unaffordable/ wrong).

He/she gives two reasons.

Firstly, he/she thinks/says…

Also, he/she points out that…

Module 2  Dialogue - Reading

2. According to the dialogue, the man/woman completely disagrees with the school decision/planning/announcement. That is to say, the school decides

to …. because R1 + R2. However, the man believes …

Module 3  Totally integrated

3. According to the dialogue, the man completely disagrees with the school’s decision. From the reading, we know that the school decides to renovate the library because they want to make it less noisy and more private for the students. However, the boy believes this change will do bad for the students’ group activities. The smaller rooms may reduce noise, but nowadays group projects are very common and important. Besides, the school can reduce the noise from the outside.

The other reason the school provides for the change of the library is the space. According to the school, the new arrangement will add around 50 more seats

for the students. However, according to the man in the dialogue, over-crowding has never been a problem in the school. In fact, many times the boy found that the seat in the library were free. Therefore, the boy believes that it is a waste of money to rebuild the library rooms.

If there are 5 more seconds
(optional).

That’s because it is not only unnecessary but also waste of money. Not to mention is will badly affects students increasing groups projects. 

Question 5

This question seems very easy. But many students could not do well.

Make sure you exactly follow George’s training. Put your answers in the following THREE steps.

Don’t make PRONOUN or GENDER mistake.

i.e.  “The woman gives two suggestions. The first one is, “you can go and talk to the professor to ask him give you more time.” The second one is, “you can work hard and try to finish within short time. So I

will not miss the test.”

Pay attention to tense

Step 1 (what is the problem) (10-15 seconds)

According to the conversation, the man/ woman has a problem: (1-2 sentences’ description of the problem – don’t go into many details)

Step 2 (what is the solution) (20-30 seconds)

The woman/man offers two suggestions/advice/solutions.

First, she suggests that he do …..  (However, he’s concerned that ….. )

Her other recommendation is to…,  (while in the man’s opinion …)

Step 3 (which is better) (20 seconds)

In my opinion, the 1st / 2nd is better. (Try to use the reasons the man raised in the listening to support your opinion. If you could not remember what the man said,

you can also make up some reasons by yourself.)  

If it were my choice, I would choose the former/latter one, because…

Question 6

Similar to Question 4.

Pay attention to the tense while retelling the examples in the lecture. Many times you need to use past tense.

Pay attention to the gender of the speaker. (Woman or Man? She or He?)

Try your best to put the two examples into two different categories. Normally the two examples given in the lecture belong to two different groups.

Try to use the following verbs to start your first sentence:

Point out, present, describe, state, mention, discuss, provide,    demonstrate, introduce, give, explain, talk about,

Module  (Always try to start from the question given to you on the screen)

Example 1:

Question Using points and examples from the talk, explain the two definitions of money presented by the professor.

In the lecture, the professor talks about two different definitions of money. One of

them is based upon its broad meaning, and the other is narrow meaning.

First, broadly speaking, money means anything people can use to buy things. That is to say, money not only refers to coins, bills, but includes any goods or services which can be offered to others who would accept as payment. The professor gave a vivid example in the lecture. A taxi driver may exchange his ride service with a farmer for his “vegetables”. Here vegetables mean money.

However, money has its narrow definition. In the United Stated, coils and dollar

bills are legally defined as money and no one is allowed to reject this legal “money”. That is to say, All taxi drivers must accept legal money. But he is not

obliged to accept such money as “vegetables”.

Example 2

Question:
Using points and examples from the talk, explain how the automobile and the radio contributed to a common culture in the United States.

In the lecture, the professor has explained how the automobile and the radio contributed to a common culture in the United States.

Firstly, with the price of automobile was lower and lower, more and more Americans could afford to purchase cars. This revolution of transportation has greatly changed the life of the people living in the rural areas. They could travel to the cities more frequently and their behaviour, their dress and even their speech would gradually influenced by others. Thus it is possible the gap of the culture

between the rural and urban areas became smaller and smaller.

The popularity of radio is another tool which helped to make the American culture become more similar. That’s because radio programs made it possible for the audience in different regions to share the same news, same language patters and even the same songs and music at the same time. Different from the news which was printed on newspapers, news broadcasted through the air was not limited to the local news any more. Instead, it covered much wider areas, even around the

country.

Question 4

Title – Hard Academic Terminology

The reading part normally gives a definition to the term. Sometimes examples may be given here. But generally speaking, the example will be different from that be elaborated by the professor in the future lecture.

While students reading the passage, they should try their best to summarize the whole passage in one or two sentences. If possible, write this summary down on the paper.

Don’t be afraid if you do not get the whole idea from the passage. If you fail to get any clear idea from the reading, then try your best to get most ideas from the listening.

In your response, if you have clear picture of both the reading and listening, then you can use Module 1.

If you have no idea about the reading, then you can use Module 2 in your response.

Module 1 (if you understand both the reading and the listening)

Based upon the reading, (xxx) means that …(here add the summary you wrote down on the draft paper)… In the lecture, the professor continues to explain this concept of “XXX”. The professor tries to elaborate this term from the following

examples.

The 1st example is …

The 2nd example is …

Module 2 (if you did not understand the reading)

In the lecture, the professor talks about two (examples). One is about …. The other is about. He tries to use these two examples to elaborate the concept of “XXX” which was already explained in the reading, with means ….  and …

The first example the professor mentioned was ….

The second one is …

lz不用担心,应该没事

引用 一个哥们的例子

我有一次類似的經驗 給你作參考

中場休息時 我一直坐在座位上 (太累了不想動)
等我回過神 發現可以聽到一些口語的回答
我就開始動筆寫下我的模板
監考老師在我後面走來走去 趁機抓了我 說休息時間不能寫東西在紙上
收走了我的紙 發了一張新的給我

等休息結束 我進入口語
我想這會可該可以寫了吧
一動筆 她又來了 說口語前面的introduction是不能寫字的