返回列表 发帖

[转帖]NYU MBA Essay Sample

After the one test and three interviews, I successfully took a job as a lecturer at the New School Oriental School that was the best English language training institute in China. I did a lot of preparation for the class and I showed my erudition, enthusiasm, passion, eloquence and strong sense of humor, so I won the respect from the students and their performance in the exams was really good.

Napoleon used to say like this:“ A solider who does not want to be a general is not a good solider”. I am an ambitious man and I want to do the management work and lead the school forward. My diligence and intelligence has driven the headmaster to trust me and I took hold of an opportunity to show my other abilities besides the teaching. After one year’s work at Beijing New Oriental School, I undertook the task of setting up a branch in Shanghai. And I was also appointed the vice headmaster of that branch-Shanghai New Oriental School. This was the first step for our school to extend our domestic market.

Based on the success of setting up the first branch, some other branches were opened one after the other. Shanghai and Canton branches have become the two biggest foreign language training schools in the local areas occupying over 65% of the market share. I have helped the New Oriental School successfully establish a complete ‘opening branches model’ from the location selection, registration, design of organizational structure, team building up, to staff training and evaluation, establishment of salary and social welfare system and the extension of teaching research market.

I am promoted to the general manager of New Oriental School in North China now and I am also the headmaster of Tianjin school and Shandong school. As a leader of the company, I am in allover charge of administrating these two schools, and I have encountered some difficulties in my ordinary work. For examples, some talented young persons job-hop and are attracted by our rivals after they get the systematic training and more experience; there is a huge gap between the extension of the market with our expectation; the investment failure has led us to be involved in a lawsuit because of the lack of the business foresight. But I regard the difficulties as opportunities, each time when I solved some very difficulty problems, I also improved myself, so now I become more and more knowledgeable, experienced and confident.

Now, the biggest problem I meet is that my education background and experiences in China has begun limiting my career development.

After careful consideration, I am determined to leave my school to go abroad to study MBA. New York University's Leonard N. Stern School of Business is one of the world premier management education schools and research centers. It has over 100 years history and is well-known for its innovation, vigorous curriculum, team spirits and leadership skills. The 68,000 alumni from over 100 counties have established a global network that could help us develop our business.

After I accomplish my MBA study, I want to work as vice-president of our whole group who will deal with human resource management and marketing promotion and try to lead the our group enter the World Fortune 500 list in the near future. But in the long run, I want to set up my own company that will be dealing with the human resource management counseling service. In the global economy, the competition is getting more intense, the competition is a kind of service competition, or technology competition, or price competition. But to some extent, it is a kind of competition for talented people. If we could manage the staff very well, we will possess the potential to lead the company more successful. So I am confident that my previous experiences and my sincere devotion to the field of human resources, combined with the seasoned academic training by Stern School, will help me realize my dream to open an excellent human resources consultancy firm back at China. The knowledge and skills I get from Stern School will launch my career onto an entirely new level and dimension of the future.

[此贴子已经被作者于2008-11-11 23:06:16编辑过]

收藏 分享

谢谢分享

thanks

谢谢

mark

mark

谢谢

返回列表

站长推荐 关闭

美国top10 MBA VIP申请服务

自2003年开始提供 MBA 申请服务以来,保持着90% 以上的成功率,其中Top10 MBA服务成功率更是高达95%