返回列表 发帖

大全-6-19

19. In January there was a large drop in the number of new houses sold, because interest rates for mortgages were falling and many consumers were waiting to see how low the rates would go. This large sales drop was accompanied by a sharp rise in the average price of new houses sold.

Which of the following, if true, best explains the sharp rise in the average price of new houses?

(A) Sales of higher-priced houses were unaffected by the sales drop because their purchasers have fewer constraints limiting the total amount they pay.

(B) Labor agreements of builders with construction unions are not due to expire until the next January.

(C) The prices of new houses have been rising slowly over the past three years because there is an increasing shortage of housing.

(D) There was a greater amount of moderate-priced housing available for resale by owners during January than in the preceding three months.

(E) Interest rates for home mortgages are expected to rise sharply later in the year if predictions of increased business activity in general prove to be accurate.

why not c?but A

收藏 分享

I made the same mistake as you did, but after giving serious thought, I think C is wrong mainly because of the adv. slowly in C, because the question is how to explain the sharp rise, if C is right, then we need to find another to explain why suddenly the price rise change from slowly to sharp. Also A gives the explanation that because of the price of new house sold has been segmented into two parts, then one of the parts happen to rise in terms of price, while the overall quantity falls.

don't know whether I have explained clearly?

请大家好心回答以下。为什么E不行啊??

i  see,  thanks !!!!

返回列表

站长推荐 关闭

美国top10 MBA VIP申请服务

自2003年开始提供 MBA 申请服务以来,保持着90% 以上的成功率,其中Top10 MBA服务成功率更是高达95%

查看